Sam Youree

Guest Cutters Crazies

A few random thoughts from the OHS scrimmage. I personally don't think McCann will ever be the answer for OHS at QB. He seems to go in the tank anytime a little bit of adversity hits. I don't know the kid, thats just what I see. People I was impressed with from the scrimmage: Griffith ( I don't think anyone will be able to single block him next fall,) Howse ( has come out of almost nowhere this spring,) Webster ( could be a big time battle at the FS spot this spring with either him or Polk? moving to another position,) Meadows ( I really think he has turned the corner and will be a very good player on both sides of the ball,) Valentine ( liked how he made holes and finished runs,) Amey ( a name to remember for the next three years,) Boyd ( played real well on O and D for a soph and,) Jackson? ( I like the way he runs the ball and the way he run supports from the secondary.) Guys I was a bit disappointed in: Taylor, Jordan ( for a guy that big and strong he seemed to be getting driven out from the NG position, but I was impressed with him on the OL and,) and Hazel ( his time away is noticable, he was the starter at FB coming out of spring last year and even started a couple of games there as a soph.)

It was good to see the defense get goalline stands with the veterens and the young guys in there.

Don't sleep on Beech their DL was VERY solid and they had some other nice players. Coach Crabtree will have those guys ready to defend their region title next year.

Edited by mynameis

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few random thoughts from the OHS scrimmage. I personally don't think McCann will ever be the answer for OHS at QB. He seems to go in the tank anytime a little bit of adversity hits. I don't know the kid, thats just what I see. People I was impressed with from the scrimmage: Griffith ( I don't think anyone will be able to single block him next fall,) Howse ( has come out of almost nowhere this spring,) Webster ( could be a big time battle at the FS spot this spring with either him or Polk? moving to another position,) Meadows ( I really think he has turned the corner and will be a very good player on both sides of the ball,) Valentine ( liked how he made holes and finished runs,) Amey ( a name to remember for the next three years,) Boyd ( played real well on O and D for a soph and,) Jackson? ( I like the way he runs the ball and the way he run supports from the secondary.) Guys I was a bit disappointed in: Taylor, Jordan ( for a guy that big and strong he seemed to be getting driven out from the NG position, but I was impressed with him on the OL and,) and Hazel ( his time away is noticable, he was the starter at FB coming out of spring last year and even started a couple of games there as a soph.)

It was good to see the defense get goalline stands with the veterens and the young guys in there.

Don't sleep on Beech their DL was VERY solid and there QB was in his first live action at that position. Coach Crabtree will have those guys ready to defend their region title next year.

what r u talking bout he looked fine to me...yes once he did fall to not talk a hit but hey his line was letting the d-line through everytime. but he looked fine he made his throws they just wernt being caught not his faught..heck he had bout half a second to even drop back..

so how is james parker from riverdale doing over there? he still playing? whats his status with the team...

If he is #60, which I think that he is....I have been very impressed with him during spring. He was the lineman I talked about earlier that I didn't know his name that I liked his performance. He is a very solid backup at this point, and seems to be fitting in with the OHS players well. He is a nice-sized kid who moves pretty well. I have liked what I am seeing out of him in one on one drills too. we are VERY glad to have him.

TJ...... Sorry, but I am still sold on Tyler Burnett at QB. I also neglected to mention that Quincy Williams has made some nice strides at QB too. He has worked hard in the weightroom and it shows. I esp think that having Coach Linnell working with him has helped his confidence at that position. I also thought that #16, the 3rd QB at the scrimmage was making some nice decisions and seemed to be running things pretty well. Does anyone know his name?

I will reiterate that Amey has been a pleasant surprise too. We have a lot of the freshmen who have already stepped up. Heard Barrett got 300 this last week on bench too. ( not too shabby for a freshman is it?) I see some kids who if they keep their heads on straight and keep their grades up...can play some college ball.

Also looks like BUTCH VAUGHN will be at the helm of OHS by the week's end. Welcome aboard , Butch!! Great to see a man with strong OHS ties getting the job. Also thrilled to see someone with a vision for both academics and athletics getting the nod. Butch has proven himself already , and will do a great job.

Edited by 2priceless

If he is #60, which I think that he is....I have been very impressed with him during spring. He was the lineman I talked about earlier that I didn't know his name that I liked his performance. He is a very solid backup at this point, and seems to be fitting in with the OHS players well. He is a nice-sized kid who moves pretty well. I have liked what I am seeing out of him in one on one drills too. we are VERY glad to have him.

TJ...... Sorry, but I am still sold on Tyler Burnett at QB. I also neglected to mention that Quincy Williams has made some nice strides at QB too. He has worked hard in the weightroom and it shows. I esp think that having Coach Linnell working with him has helped his confidence at that position. I also thought that #16, the 3rd QB at the scrimmage was making some nice decisions and seemed to be running things pretty well. Does anyone know his name?

I will reiterate that Amey has been a pleasant surprise too. We have a lot of the freshmen who have already stepped up. Heard Barrett got 300 this last week on bench too. ( not too shabby for a freshman is it?) I see some kids who if they keep their heads on straight and keep their grades up...can play some college ball.

Also looks like BUTCH VAUGHN will be at the helm of OHS by the week's end. Welcome aboard , Butch!! Great to see a man with strong OHS ties getting the job. Also thrilled to see someone with a vision for both academics and athletics getting the nod. Butch has proven himself already , and will do a great job.

i just dont see how u can still be on burnett? but i guess this yr he will have to do the same as last yr and then maybe people will stop worshiping him...

From what I saw last year and in the scrimmage, Burnett is still way out front as the QB. McCann had some good plays but was not very consistent. The guy that came in after McCann went down probably doesn't have enough arm to do what the coaches need him to do yet. Burnett is out playing baseball?

The scrimmage was owned by three defensive tackles...Kaelin and those two big guys that Beech had. OHS needs to make sure that KG is completly well by fall. The defense was completely different when KG was out of the game...he just makes plays everywhere, sideline to sideline. I guess I'm a KG fan. Some other linemen are going to have to step up.

#38 had some good plays. #42 had a couple plays but needs to cool it a bit...he'll be costing OHS some big-time penalty yards if he doesn't get under control. #19 likes to hit but also learned that it is more blessed to give than to receive. He got really clocked one time but to his credit got right back up.

I left right after the score. At that point the defenses had really been running the show. Both offenses were pretty self-destructive..OHS fumbled the center snap about every 3rd or 4th play and BHS had backs collide in the backfield every 3rd or 4th play. The defenses were way ahead which is pretty normal this time of year.

Oakland seemed to have much better skill people than Beech. I really didn't think that Beech had anyone that could score from long distance. OHS has a few people that can.

Precious looks like he is going to be a good back. One thing I notice is that OHS seemed to pass the next play whenever he came out. I'm guessing that either he doesn't catch well or doesn't pass block well. He looks like a natural talent so you want him in on passing downs to keep the defense honest.

It was fun to see some football...

TJ, I personally I do not "worship" Burnett as you put it. One thing is for sure though he is substanially better than McCann at THIS point.

Couple of notes on TDCman's post. #38= Amey, 42= Bragdon, and 19= Boyd.

well i guess we wont acually kno til michael starts a real game

Sam wouldnt start for Riverdale next season.I'm not saying he wouldnt play but he wouldnt start.

sam would start for who ever he wanted too, some people just dont like to give him any credit. he is one of the most talented athletes i have ever had the pleasure of being around this kid is gettin looks from big time colleges. and if u dont think he can play u try to guard him one on one