Mr. Basketball Nominations

oldhops1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth is a good player but should not have gotten the nomination. If anyone from Chattanooga should have gotten it should have been Davis Eldridge. Seth didnt even get district player of the year, Davis did. Seth didnt get region player of the year, Davis did. Hmm . . . I am very suprised but I guess the name helps... alot

Edited by redandwhiteforever

Here ya go!

Class A Mr. Basketball Finalists

Seth Skogen, Temple

Marquis Weddle, Union City

DeMario Williams, Culleoka

Class AA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Wayne Chism, Bolivar Central

Willie Kemp, Bolivar Central

Thaddeus Young, Mitchell

Class AAA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Barry Stewart, Shelbyville

Tony White, Jr., Bearden

Jeremy Williams, Hamilton

Division II Mr. Basketball Finalists

Joshua Bone, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Tim Johnson, Evangelical Christian

Brandan Wright, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Congratulations to Barry Stewart well deserved to a great player and even better kid!

Seth is a good player but should not have gotten the nomination. If anyone from Chattanooga should have gotten it should have been Davis Eldridge. Seth didnt even get district player of the year, Davis did. Seth didnt get region player of the year, Davis did. Hmm . . . I am very suprised but I guess the name helps... alot

Davis is a good player and i have tons of respect for his game. That being said if i had to choose between the two of them, i would take Seth. At the same time thats a good decision to have to make. The thing about Seth is that he is such a tough matchup. He is either bigger or quicker than anybody who guards him. Im not saying he is going to win, but be honest, his last name has nothing to do with it. Dont try and take something away from Seth because his last name is Skogen. Just congratulate him because he has worked hard and he deserves it.

Beau Brown from McMinn Central should have been a finalist

He is a great player. But, he has horrible timing. There is no way he should have been nominated OVER Chism, Kemp, or Young. Those are 3 of the top 4 players in the state...regardless of classification. What is backwards is that he would have probably gotten a nomination if he would have been in AAA. Normally that would work the other way around.

Davis is a good player and i have tons of respect for his game. That being said if i had to choose between the two of them, i would take Seth. At the same time thats a good decision to have to make. The thing about Seth is that he is such a tough matchup. He is either bigger or quicker than anybody who guards him. Im not saying he is going to win, but be honest, his last name has nothing to do with it. Dont try and take something away from Seth because his last name is Skogen. Just congratulate him because he has worked hard and he deserves it.

I guarentee his last name had a ton to do with it. People on the other end of the state know the name Skogan. But i said Seth is a good player, but Davis should have gotten the nomination. Davis was district and region player of the year not seth. (And that was voted by people who actually see these guys play) Its nothing personal against Seth he has nothing to do with the voting but the voters should be more educated.

Edited by redandwhiteforever

That is a very tough call. Davis and Seth were both deserving. I will admit though, I was surprised to see Seth's name as a finalist. Congrats Seth, but please remember that personal awards don't matter...this sport is about the team. You guys have a great chance to make some noise in the tournament.

Here ya go!

Class A Mr. Basketball Finalists

Seth Skogen, Temple

Marquis Weddle, Union City

DeMario Williams, Culleoka

Class AA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Wayne Chism, Bolivar Central

Willie Kemp, Bolivar Central

Thaddeus Young, Mitchell

Class AAA Mr. Basketball Finalists

Barry Stewart, Shelbyville

Tony White, Jr., Bearden

Jeremy Williams, Hamilton

Division II Mr. Basketball Finalists

Joshua Bone, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Tim Johnson, Evangelical Christian

Brandan Wright, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Congratulations to Barry Stewart on becoming a finalist. He has taken Shelbyville boys basketball to a new level. It is nice to see fans finally staying to watch the boys play instead of just coming to watch the girls.