Region 5AA Tournament @ Giles County

Uknow

nice call

Ezell won by 7

and FRA won by 23

My hat is off to Loretto. They were a tough, disciplined and talented team. It is always a shame to end a season on a losing note and tonight is no different. Congratulations to Ezell Harding. No one gave them much chance but they were clearly the better team tonight. Both teams gave their best effort and both teams took good shots from the other team. In my opinion, two winners left the court. Good Luck to you Ezell against FRA.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight's Region 5-AA Championship game between Ezell-Harding and Franklin Road Academy offers some interesting match-ups.

Expected Starters:

Ezell-Harding:

#10 Leah McAlister

#15 Tara Deatheridge

#22 Megan McClellan

#23 Rebecca Pratt

#42 Julianne Lackey

FRA:

#23 Natalie Murphy

#30 Jaquelyn Chenger

#32 Mattie Jackson

#40 Kathleen Stawn

#42 Emily Canady

On the inside, the match-up between E-H's Lackey and FRA's Chenger could decide the game. If Lackey's defense can stop Chenger's offense and rebounding, the outside game would favor E-H. E-H's McAlister and Deatheridge are a potent combination of great passing and shooting that will certainly test FRA's outside guards. Overall however, FRA appears to me to have a more balanced team effort to support Chenger. In last night's semi-final wins, both teams had 3 players in double figures so we know that the offense is there, so defense could also be the key. Turnovers seem to favor E-H as they had only 11 against Loretto while FRA had 16 against Lipscomb. I give the emotional edge to FRA after their big win against Lipscomb and I know they will be up for another district foe. Ezell has great talent however so they may come through in the end. Good luck to both teams and I'll be there to gather the data and post it late tonight. This will be my last game of the basketball season as I will be out of town by early Sat. morning and will miss the state tournament. Keep me informed on the action as I will have my computer with me.