Region 5AA Tournament @ Giles County

Uknow

You've lost your mind! Try these.

Loretto over CPA by 40

Page over Lipscomb by 4

Ezell over Marshall by 2 (best chance at a big upset)

FRA vs Lewis even

Loretto will win this region. Ezell has a good team, but back to back games against much faster teams will prove too much. CPA might be the worst team in the AA region state wide.

Thank goodness you don't know these teams midtn, You are right on one of them Loretto should beat cpa by 40, Page wishes they could play with lipscomb. If you had seen the lipscomb/Ezell games you would have seen that ezell is quick, Lipscomb is the team you should all be worried about. You don't have to be quick if your big and physical and lipscomb is. There is no team in Loretto's district that matches up, heck the only team that matched up size wise with lipscomb was pearl and they are gone. They should waltz to the region final. The Loretto-Ezell game is much anticipated. Should be fun in Giles county Wednesday night. Only loretto could play in Lipscombs district, and then they would probably have a couple of losses. Cant wait to get one of those $6.00 ribeye sandwiches down in Giles County.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure didn't see any $6 sandwiches at the gym, but the Hickory House has some great BBQ. It's just off the square close to the baseball field off US 64. It's kind of hidden, but worth looking for.

Don't sell any of the 10-AA teams short, shpshter93. They may surprise some of your 9-AA powerhouses.

I sure didn't see any $6 sandwiches at the gym, but the Hickory House has some great BBQ. It's just off the square close to the baseball field off US 64. It's kind of hidden, but worth looking for.

Don't sell any of the 10-AA teams short, shpshter93. They may surprise some of your 9-AA powerhouses.

Pageman--I think you've eaten too much BBQ.

I honestly don't think we'll have more than one team left after round one. If

we do, I'll buy you one of those $6 dollar sandwiches.

Wasn't there last week, but I heard about them.

Don't forget about Lewis Co. vs FRA on Tues. - Could be closer than some think. I'll take your bet, tigerman - if only Loretto advances, I'll buy you a BBQ sandwich at Hickory House. Yes, you're right - I need to cut back on them and a lot of other things too.

Pageman, I hope you know I meant all that BBQ was going to your head &

affecting your thinking ( 10AA surprising 9AA), and not your waistline !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by tigerman

Thank goodness you don't know these teams midtn, You are right on one of them Loretto should beat cpa by 40, Page wishes they could play with lipscomb. If you had seen the lipscomb/Ezell games you would have seen that ezell is quick, Lipscomb is the team you should all be worried about. You don't have to be quick if your big and physical and lipscomb is. There is no team in Loretto's district that matches up, heck the only team that matched up size wise with lipscomb was pearl and they are gone. They should waltz to the region final. The Loretto-Ezell game is much anticipated. Should be fun in Giles county Wednesday night. Only loretto could play in Lipscombs district, and then they would probably have a couple of losses. Cant wait to get one of those $6.00 ribeye sandwiches down in Giles County.

I have seen all but two of these teams play this year and all of them over the last two years. I watch way too much basketball. My opinions are no better than anyone else on this subject, so let me remind you of two things that will prove to be facts. First, in that region tourney you will find that 50% of what you have regarded as fouls all year long will not be called. Second, after playing Marshall and possibly Loretto, you will learn that Ezell is not as quick as you think.

Ok, tigerman - BBQ is going to my head = I'm a fat head. I think I'm not getting enough sleep which may have clouded my thinking.

MIDTN is probably right about the officiating, but with the officials being from another region - say the Cookeville area - who knows what they will call or not call. Another factor affecting the Nashville teams will be the long ride to Pulaski. In my experiences with Ezell-Harding, they were indeed quick, but how will their inside game match up with Loretto? We'll find out on Wednesday if the favorites advance.

I am not feeling well today so this may affect my reports later tonight on the action. I'll do my best, but cut me a little slack if errors are present. I hope my spotter will cover me as she has done in the last games.

I have seen all but two of these teams play this year and all of them over the last two years. I watch way too much basketball. My opinions are no better than anyone else on this subject, so let me remind you of two things that will prove to be facts. First, in that region tourney you will find that 50% of what you have regarded as fouls all year long will not be called. Second, after playing Marshall and possibly Loretto, you will learn that Ezell is not as quick as you think.

Well if the officials are any worse at the region than during the regular season you will find that Lipscomb will be the favorite. Ezell has not been helped by the officiating in the District. I saw the District tournament at Giles county and the officiating was a lot better than what I have witnessed everywhere else. Well heard that ezell was to slow pearl cohn, heard they were to slow for fulton, and heard they couldn't play with william blount. Hows William Blount doing? well the best thing about the games is we dont play them and I really have enjoyed your posts through out the year midtn, good luck to your teams we will see how it plays out Wednesday.

Well if the officials are any worse at the region than during the regular season you will find that Lipscomb will be the favorite. Ezell has not been helped by the officiating in the District. I saw the District tournament at Giles county and the officiating was a lot better than what I have witnessed everywhere else. Well heard that ezell was to slow pearl cohn, heard they were to slow for fulton, and heard they couldn't play with william blount. Hows William Blount doing? well the best thing about the games is we dont play them and I really have enjoyed your posts through out the year midtn, good luck to your teams we will see how it plays out Wednesday.

Just for the record, I think Ezell is better than Lipscomb. At least, they are better suited to advance once the west TN teams come into play. I just don't like the draw they got because of their district final loss. They have the toughest road to a sectional of any of the top 4 in that region. Remember those west TN teams can shoot as well as run.

This is not the first time Lewis Co. FRA have met. During the summer they played in Wayne Co. FRA won with a long last second three pointer. Lewis Co. is also playing without their starting PG and have to move some people around to positions they don't normally play. They have done well converting, and it will be a good game because it was in the summer! I don't think it can top that summer matchup but the stakes are higher now.