Region 4AA Tournament

timbdp

Kind of like 8AA's girls teams, only last year did anyone make a dent in 7AA dominance and i don't like 8AA's chances of winning a game on that side this year. As for the men's side of it. Well only Livingston has a chance of winning it all but Upperman should beat White House. If LA beats Goodpasture then they'll win the region tournament. :o

Upperman will not beat White House. White House should win by 20+. If Goodpasture beats LA...it will be an 8-AA sweep.

No disrespect intended.....just my opinion.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see where you can talk about 8AA's dominance over 7AA considering the teams that did the dominating ( MLK, D. Lipscomb, Hume Fogg, and Portland) are eithe in another district or way down from years past. The current teams in 8AA are much more similar in talent to 7AA than in years past. That being said, 8AA may dominate again but I don't think this district is anywhere close to the level it has been the last 4 years or so.

Last year it was MLK, David Lipscomb, Greenbrier and Station Camp who made it to the Region from 8-AA. Station Camp was the only team in 8-AA not to win the first round. MLK and Lipscomb both went on to the state semi finals last year. Station Camp will win with ease this year over Macon, along with Greenbrier over Dekalb and White House over Upperman. I also feel like Goodpasture will beat LA in a close game.

Outside of LA….there is still no team in 7-AA that is similar talent wise to 8-AA.

I agree that MLK and Lipscomb made 8-AA a more competitive district, but both of these teams are not as strong as they were last year. They would have struggled in 8-AA this year. I think AA in middle TN is down as a whole. Probably the strongest AA team in middle TN right now is Sycamore. Unfortunately they have to play Bolivar in their region semi final game.

Good luck to all of these teams. I’m looking forward to seeing some good basketball on Tuesday.

boys games

2/28

4pm 8#1 Greenbrier vs 7#4 Dekalb Co

5:30pm 7#1 LA vs #8#4 Goodpasture

7pm 8#2 Station Camp vs 7#3 Macon Co

8:30pm 7#2 Uppermen vs 8#3 White House

Greenbrier in a close one.

White House in a closer one.

Goodpasture gonna role.

Station Camp in a close one.

boys games

2/28

4pm 8#1 Greenbrier vs 7#4 Dekalb Co

5:30pm 7#1 LA vs #8#4 Goodpasture

7pm 8#2 Station Camp vs 7#3 Macon Co

8:30pm 7#2 Uppermen vs 8#3 White House

Greenbrier in a close one.

White House in a closer one.

Goodpasture gonna role.

Station Camp in a close one.

JJ Redick is on fire baby!!!!

[

I do not see why you guys are constantly badmouthing 7aa. I believe over the past four years that Upperman has had as much success as possibly anyone in 8aa besides MLK. In the past four years, Upperman has won their first round game against an 8aa opponet 3 out of 4 times. And in 2002 beat 2 8aa opponets on their way to the state. Also, in the 2003 year they were beaten by another 7aa team in York in the region semis. I can see where you guys can say as a whole that 8aa has dominated 7aa, but I think Upperman deserves just a little credit..Good Luck to all teams tonight!

Tuesday's results

Boys

Greenbrier 61, Dekalb County 45

Godpasture 71, Livingston Academy 53

Station Camp 61, Macon County 59

White House 52, Upperman 47

White House stole an Upperman inbounds pass and made a lay up with 6.9 seconds left to take a 49-47 lead and stole the ball again and made a 3 at the buzzer. White House should have won by alot more than they did, but the officials didn't call the game very good. Just about every time that #23 on White House touched the ball he was being grabbed by two or three Upperman players, and one official made a horrible call when he missed the obvious intentional foul on Upperman when White House had a breakaway lay up in the second half.

I'll be the first to admit, 7AA definitely surprised me, they all seemed to play really good. I'm not so sure the 8AA teams played their best (except Goodpasture) but they still got a little scare from the 7AA teams. Dickyv, you're pretty good, although Greenbrier's wasn't very close by the time it ended, they won by 16 but it was kinda close until the fourth. Good job to 8AA in pulling out the sweep.

BTW, timbdp, you said White House should have won that game by more, but I think it was right the oppposite, I think Upperman should have won. Upperman was ahead the whole game, and White House didn't play very well, there might have been some questionable calls/no calls, but not near as many as the White House fans were screaming for. And I thought that was a good call on what you thought was the intentional foul...the Upperman player got in good position and jumped just a little before the WH player went up with the layup. When the Upperman player swatted at the ball he did it very hard...yeah it was a hard foul, but he was going for the ball and he did actually hit the ball so I think it was an okay call.

Edited by catsbball1