Region 5AAA 2 Clarksville High

MJ AND BEYOND

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good job to both smyrna and central, i cant wait to see what happens in the region championship game. but trust me, the defending region champs are gonna be ready to play and defend their title. also, they are looking for revenge after 2 regular season losses to smyrna. either way it should be a great game, good luck to both teams.

Taylor Oliver 0 0 0 0 10

Kimberly Palmer 0 0 0 0 10

Jessica Pollock 0 0 0 0 7

Emily Pollock 0 0 0 0 6

Devin Thompson 0 0 0 0 10

Jasmine White 0 0 0 0 17

Very balanced scoring tonight, ladies. Everyone did their part to ensure this chance at the region championship and an automatic to sub-state. Keep on DOUBTING these girls, and they will keep on proving you WRONG. :lol:

There was a thread posted during the middle of the season, I do not remember who started it, but they were trying to say Smyrna was over-rated. They were also saying Smyrna would choke, or something like that. I also remember they were wearing out the coach! I think the coaches and players have the last word on that. Congrats Smyrna, I had picked Dickson Co. in an upset, missed that one!:lol:

Edited by worden55

Great game between two fierce county rivals.

Bascially the reason Central won the game was OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS. Countless times Central would get 3, 4 or sometimes 5 shots on their possessions. It was physical under the basket. Several times Central would get long rebounds. MJ couldn't buy a offensive rebound and there was your difference.

In the beginning Fryer's game plan was to dog Calhoun and Burroughs dogged her too death making a couple of steals that lead to easy baskets. Finally in the third quarter Bud had the vision to see what was happening and he had one of the other girls bring the ball down the court.

I was puzzled why Fryer did slow the game down in the 4th quarter. I think he saw that Central was making their run and he wanted to hold the ball and run some clock. Unfournately Lady Bears weren't very successful carrying out the plan. Too many times they would get the shots and some were in close and would just roll off and ofcourse Central was dominating the glass.

I do think the turning point in the game was when MJ was leading 50-49 and Central got 5 shots on their possession and Hall finally hit the three point basket.

The game plan was to front Hassle with Taylor the whole game with McFarlin playing behind her. The plan was good. The last time Hassle had killed us inside and I say its harder to make a 18 footer than a 3 footer. So basically the 3 point shot was there for Central all nite. Calhoun played perhaps her best game of the season. It was Fryer's plan to not let Hassle beat him and Calhoun made the difference no question.

Chescia Burroughs played without question the best game of her young career. 25 points and some keys steals and she made Calhoun's life misserable the first 3 quarters guarding her when she was bringing the ball down court.

Bottom line. Central had too much size for Lady Bears. Sometimes speed kills and tonite it didn't when size and physical play won out. I congraulate Central on their victory and wish them the best the rest of the season

Lady Bears thank you for another OUTSTANDING YEAR. We didn't reach our desination but you can hold your heads high for giving ALL YOU HAD.

Congratulations to the Mighty Kitties! I actually blame myself - you see I have only missed four of the Lady Bears in-area games this year (including last night), all losses! :P

We are blessed with great kids at these two schools, in victory or defeat. I can't wait until the rivalry resumes next year.

But for now, our friends from the Glade have some unfinished business if they can pull it off. I did have a chance to see Smyrna girls last night, and Devin Thompson was back in the line-up. Should be a great battle for the Region championship, WCHS you don't want to enter the sub-states as a visitor! Good Luck!

MJ, (Gold Ball), You Know!

Edited by MJ AND BEYOND

Mt Juliet has a VERY good team. When we came to the cave they were VERY impressive. Considering I was disappointed that is tough to say. Thier bench is good and I truly think you will see them at the same level next year. Year after year they claw thier way to the top. Congratulations on a great season ... to be honest I was looking forward to a rematch.

Smyrna is playing at the most focused level I have seen them play all year. Keep it up girls!!

GO DOGS!!