Raleigh Egypt Basketball

Jumpshot

Raleigh Egypt has reached the thirty win mark for the fourth time in seven years and for the third season in a row. Records for the past seven years are:

1999-00 33-6

2000-01 28-8

2001-02 26-7

2002-03 28-8

2003-04 31-5

2004-05 33-3

2005-06 30-1 (so far)

Total of 209-38

Avg. of 29.7-5.4

Pharaoh Tradition...we build it one game, one season at a time.

Correct...no state championships, yet!

Does a team have to win a state championship to be considered successful in your opinion? Our team has been in state tournament three of these years and the substate three others. Finished second in state last year. It's the only championship missing.

How has your team been doing these past few years? Any state championships? Let me guess - goose egg?

Does a team have to win a state championship to be considered successful in your opinion? Our team has been in state tournament three of these years and the substate three others. Finished second in state last year. It's the only championship missing.

How has your team been doing these past few years? Any state championships? Let me guess - goose egg?

Hey, hey , hey - let's not take this out on me...... I was just guessing at BIGWEBB's leading question. I have been beat up enough tonight. We just have a lot of things in common if you know what I mean. I am empathizing with you brother....

Congrats........... with Bolivar on a tear its hard to get your hands on a Gold Ball.

The record is impressive, and its hard to get close and not win the ship, but just getting to the state, and then advancing is a good thing in this classifiacation.

Does a team have to win a state championship to be considered successful in your opinion?

To answer this question...no.I saw Raleigh play last year during the State tournament, and I have much respect for them. I enjoyed watching them. So they don't have any Gold balls from the past successful seasons.That's okay. It could be this year.We don't know. I liked what I saw last year, and if they are anything like that, then I give them a shot at winning.

Plus, like Prepfanatic has stated, you guys are up against some good competition.

Edited by PBG030

Raleigh Egypt has reached the thirty win mark for the fourth time in seven years and for the third season in a row. Records for the past seven years are:

1999-00 33-6

2000-01 28-8

2001-02 26-7

2002-03 28-8

2003-04 31-5

2004-05 33-3

2005-06 30-1 (so far)

Total of 209-38

Avg. of 29.7-5.4

Pharaoh Tradition...we build it one game, one season at a time.

The most impressive thing about Raleigh Epypt's run is that this year they moved up in classification and is having their best year of the seven. Jimmy Adams is a great coach. <_<

Much Respect for Raleigh Egypt. THe last two years in AA their season was ended by the Bolivar Tigers, who won it all both years. Both times these two teams met in the boro, Raleigh Egypt out played Bolivar both times. Two years ago Raleigh Egypt led most of the way, if it wasn't for Brian Lake's will to refuse to let Bolivar lose, i think we wouldn't be talking about Raleigh Egypt not having a state title in this recent run. Last year Bolivar got a crucial steal in the last couple of minutes to go down and hit a shot to give them the lead. Bolivar while good, has had a bit of luck on their side both times these two teams have met. Let's just hope that Raleigh Egypt can stay oppsite Hamilton in substate. If these two can win from that point on, because of the predertermined brackets, this would make for one heck of a AAA championship game.

RE has had a great year, and other teams...overlook them at your peril! I think they have beeen a little "under the radar" this season just because there are so many other outstanding teams in the state, some of whom have played a higher profile schedule and received more publicity.

Raliegh Egypt definitely belongs in an elite group this year, and will get a chance to prove it over the next couple of weeks.

Much Respect for Raleigh Egypt. THe last two years in AA their season was ended by the Bolivar Tigers, who won it all both years. Both times these two teams met in the boro, Raleigh Egypt out played Bolivar both times. Two years ago Raleigh Egypt led most of the way, if it wasn't for Brian Lake's will to refuse to let Bolivar lose, i think we wouldn't be talking about Raleigh Egypt not having a state title in this recent run. Last year Bolivar got a crucial steal in the last couple of minutes to go down and hit a shot to give them the lead. Bolivar while good, has had a bit of luck on their side both times these two teams have met. Let's just hope that Raleigh Egypt can stay oppsite Hamilton in substate. If these two can win from that point on, because of the predertermined brackets, this would make for one heck of a AAA championship game.

I don't see Hamilton and R-E hooking up until the state tournament. I do believe Hamilton may have a harder road but I'm not sure who they have to play. Personally I just don't see anybody staying with Raleight-Egypt in their Region tournament. Bolton might...I stress might... be able to step up and steal a game in the 2nd round ( since it would be elimination and the 4th time the two teams will have played this year) but that's the only team with any real shot from 14-AAA or 13-AAA to down Raleigh-Egypt.

Congrats to Coach Adams and his team on a great season and the incredible 30-win stretch. Well done. I'm glad to have you guys in the district and I'll be rooting for you. Bring a gold ball home to 14-AAA

Edited by Pantherbert

Probably had their best squad in 2000. R-E is always in the elite with two or three other great teams. It was White Station, then Bolivar, and now Hamilton. I like R-E and I'd like to see Coach Adams win one. However, I think if Hamilton runs the table, that would make for a great story for that program. (Yeah, I know this may be the wrong thread for that discussion). Cgrats R-E.