Best Coach

the_legend

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you guys think is the best coach in the state? My vote goes to Cris Leonardi for USJ..

My vote would have to go to CCS's (former) coach Stanton. He coached CAK's assistant coach in highschool (who is now 35) and in recent years made it to the state finals 2 out of 3 years. I don't know too much about the man or how he coaches, but judging by his success and longevity, he has got to be one of the best.

Greeneville's John Eiskamp. Initially Carson-Newman's then Tusculum's head men's soccer coach and for the last decade the head coach for both the boy's and girl's team at Greeneville. Several of the areas college and high school head coaches are his former players. He was instrumental in getting soccer going in this little town of 15,000. He is a gentleman who respects his players and they in turn play their hearts out for him

i have to say Giles Cheevers brand new coach from Ireland, he coaches MBA, he coached a professional team in Ireland before moving to TN. I have been coached by the top coaches in the state includeing ajiit, sandy and manny sanchez and cheevers is one of the best coaches i have ever seen, he also played on the u-21 ireish natl team as a goalie back in his day so he knows how to play the game also.

Greeneville's John Eiskamp. Initially Carson-Newman's then Tusculum's head men's soccer coach and for the last decade the head coach for both the boy's and girl's team at Greeneville. Several of the areas college and high school head coaches are his former players. He was instrumental in getting soccer going in this little town of 15,000. He is a gentleman who respects his players and they in turn play their hearts out for him

He was my college coach at Carson Newman. I agree, one of the finest gentlemen I have ever known. He has done a great job up there in Greeneville.

Guest Number8

Tom Gerlach -CAK- the numbers don't lie. He's 3 for 3.

Marvin Martin- Lenoir City coach for 20 something years (sorry coach) 1 state title and 5 trips to the final four in the past 7 years.

O.K. i don't think it really matter HOW many state titles u won, or how many trips u made to the finals. U can't give the coach all the credit. For me personally a coach who motivates a team, Spends time trying to figure out how to make the team better, or someone who is close to his players is a coach i would consider a good one.

Edited by Number8

Tom Gerlach -CAK- the numbers don't lie. He's 3 for 3.

Marvin Martin- Lenoir City coach for 20 something years (sorry coach) 1 state title and 5 trips to the final four in the past 7 years.

I heard that Marvin and Gerlach were going to resign and join forces to coach the varsity chess team up at King. Someone said they had a blue shoed boy up there who knows good pawn strategy.

Edited by BigGExpress

I think in one of your posts you said u were a freshman. I can tell. High school soccer NEEDS motivators and role models b/c a lot of the kids aren't mature enough to handle themselves. Both Martin and Gerlach do simple things that discipline the players. No cursing, good sportsmanship, etc. I agree, the coach doesn't play, but at the HS level, the teams with good coaches perform well. Trust me I know.