REGION 3AA

abc123kid

Well, for schools like McMinn Central and Tellico Plains, fan support is really no problem...their fans are really loyal (not to say others aren't)...I'm just saying...but you are most certainly correct...the reason I didn't go tonight was because it was in Dunlap and my father told me how to get there but I don't like to go to games that aren't close to an interstate lol...me and the interstate are best friends haha...but I think we just need to rotate it between Chattanooga State and Cleveland State every year...during the course of my high school career, the Region 3-AA locations were as follows:

Freshman: East Ridge High School

Sohphomore: Cleveland State

Junior: Chattanooga State

Senior: Cleveland State

I must say, though East Ridge is a high school, they are the only high school in the area I would approve of accomodating the tournament...other then that, it should be Chattanooga State and Cleveland State...or if you wanna make it permanent, Chattanooga State...I'd be cool with that...

yeah your totally right the best thing to do would to make it permanent at chatt state or clevland

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many points did Beau Brown have last night?

Like 27...

have you been in Howard's gym? It is nice and twice as big as Sequatchie.

Both coaches are new and as far as I know they don't really have an AD so the organization of the tournament may need some help.

I think the best thing would be to just have a rotation between Chattanooga State & Cleveland State...let two Colleges run the show and everybody is happy...I think the regional director is either the A.D. at Cleveland State (who is the District 5-AA director I think) or that lady at East Ridge...not sure...

The region is alternated each year. District 5 host one year then district 6 the next. The tournament was orignally schedule for Chatt State because it was district 6 turn to host but Chatt State double booked. District 5 normally hostes the event at cleveland but has used Hiwassee in the past , neither gym being large enough it should be at McMinn gym when district 5 host where there is room and parking. never the less every other year one district has to drive more than the other. No big deal, just life . Lets talk ball not location.

The region is alternated each year. District 5 host one year then district 6 the next. The tournament was orignally schedule for Chatt State because it was district 6 turn to host but Chatt State double booked. District 5 normally hostes the event at cleveland but has used Hiwassee in the past , neither gym being large enough it should be at McMinn gym when district 5 host where there is room and parking. never the less every other year one district has to drive more than the other. No big deal, just life . Lets talk ball not location.

Well said :thumb:

So out of all the teams in the region 3AA tournament I want yall to pick the best 5 players...

1.Beau Brown- McMinn Central

2.Alex Wells- East Ridge

3. Phillip Jurick- East Ridge

4 Dominiq taylor guy from howard

5. and I would probably have to pick the post dude from McMinn that scores alot I forget his name but he would have to be in my top 5

I also do not know about players on brainerd I have not yet got to see them this season so..

So out of all the teams in the region 3AA tournament I want yall to pick the best 5 players...

1.Beau Brown- McMinn Central

2.Alex Wells- East Ridge

3. Phillip Jurick- East Ridge

4 Dominiq taylor guy from howard

5. and I would probably have to pick the post dude from McMinn that scores alot I forget his name but he would have to be in my top 5

I also do not know about players on brainerd I have not yet got to see them this season so..

1. Beau Brown-McMinn Central

2. Phillip Jurick-East Ridge

3. Mike Williams-Brainerd

4. Blake Derrick-McMinn Central

5. Dominique Taylor-Howard

Howard-Brainerd Wednesday night was as good as I've seen. Brainerd led 17-4 early, by around 11 at the half. Howard's press finally started causing trouble late. Back and forth most of the last quarter, Howard broke a 56-56 tie with 25 seconds left with a steal and dunk by Taylor that brought the house down..but Brainerd was calm and composed-got the ball back to the other, White hit a shot under the basket with 11 seconds left, and the ref made the right call by blowing the whistle for a Howard foul. White hit the free throw, Howard had some decent looks but couldn't get either of two shots to go in the last few seconds. Great atmosphere, great game. I've seen these two play a couple of times before, they aren't as strong as some of their past teams, but each really wanted the game tonight and it showed. By the way, the Brainerd fans we were near were very polite and complimenting the tournament, how it was run and the hospitality. They said they really weren't too excited at first about coming over, but they're pleased with everything now. They said they enjoyed coming both of their nights so far, and I know the coaches and administrators from the other schools (and their families, if they came) have enjoyed the meals (everything from barbecue to mexican soup, salads and a ton of homemade desserts) and soft drinks being served at no charge the last week and a half. Edited by Indian