REGION 3AA

abc123kid

It was originally supposed to be held at Cleveland State, but supposedly, a group of administrators from Sequatchie County High School had a problem with it being there, so it got moved there to shut them up...why the Region Director gave into this though, I have no clue...Sequatchie County is in the middle of no where...best location to make everybody happy would've been Chatt. State cuz even Cleveland State is a ways to drive...for those who are lucky enough to get the Region Championship, Region 4 is really down this year (from what I read) and it appears almost any team in this region can compete with any team in their region...the second best team, unless I read wrong, is 13-15, which is Greenbrier and the best team is 23-6 and that is Livingston Academy...

From what I understood, Chattanooga State double-booked their gym. Please get your facts straight before getting on here and saying things ("moved there to shut them up"). Sequatchie is no more in the middle of nowhere than Englewood, 20 minutes from Soddy-Daisy and an hour from Cleveland. Yes, it is fair to be in the valley every four years, moving back and forth from Chattanooga whenever 6-AA hosts, why should the Chattanooga teams play 15 minutes or less from their schools each time it's in 6-AA?

who won between Howard and Tyner

Howard. Game was tied at 50, Howard scored something like 10 straight and went on to win 73-60 if I'm not mistaken. Tyner played better for much of the game, Howard's Taylor took it over down the stretch.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understood, Chattanooga State double-booked their gym. Please get your facts straight before getting on here and saying things ("moved there to shut them up"). Sequatchie is no more in the middle of nowhere than Englewood, 20 minutes from Soddy-Daisy and an hour from Cleveland. Yes, it is fair to be in the valley every four years, moving back and forth from Chattanooga whenever 6-AA hosts, why should the Chattanooga teams play 15 minutes or less from their schools each time it's in 6-AA?

Actually, I did have my facts straight...Cleveland State was the original host fo the Region 3-AA tournament, however, the Sequatchie County administrators had a problem with it, so they got it moved over there...and McMinn Central has never lobbied to host the Region tournament as far as I am aware, so I don't see your point by saying Englewood is out of the way as well...I think Sequatchie is out of the way, but from the valley point of view, Cleveland is out of the way...so I can see both sides...why don't you try to as well???

Actually, I did have my facts straight...Cleveland State was the original host fo the Region 3-AA tournament, however, the Sequatchie County administrators had a problem with it, so they got it moved over there...and McMinn Central has never lobbied to host the Region tournament as far as I am aware, so I don't see your point by saying Englewood is out of the way as well...I think Sequatchie is out of the way, but from the valley point of view, Cleveland is out of the way...so I can see both sides...why don't you try to as well???

It wasn't going to be in Cleveland two years in a row, trust me.

It wasn't going to be in Cleveland two years in a row, trust me.

No, it was, trust me...I'm holding the schedule in my hands...that and the fact that I know several administrators at Cleveland State and they all confirmed for me last week that it was indeed supposed to be at Cleveland State...I would like to know where you picked up that it wasn't going to be in Cleveland two years in a row...

Edited by BluNWhiteH8Tribe

No, it was, trust me...I'm holding the schedule in my hands...that and the fact that I know several administrators at Cleveland State and they all confirmed for me last week that it was indeed supposed to be at Cleveland State...I would like to know where you picked up that it wasn't going to be in Cleveland two years in a row...

Because it switches back and forth from the 5-AA area to the 6-AA area.

Because it switches back and forth from the 5-AA area to the 6-AA area.

Well I have several different schedules right here and they all say Cleveland State...I am aware it rotates every year...however, I think everybody was really pleased with how well Cleveland State handled it last year that they wanted to have it there again this year...

They would make more on the gate if they had it in Chattanooga.

Not very many fans travel to Sequatchie. Less fans = less money.

Chattanooga State, Brainerd, Howard would be PACKED with fans. More fans= more money for everyone not just the host school.

But it is fair for Sequatchie to host every once in awhile but good night it is a long drive from Chattanooga. Plus kids are not getting home until 11 or 12 at night. Last game starts at 9:30 p.m. EST.

If you had it in Chatt town, Sequatchie could play early and get home in time to watch the end of Bachelor. EVERYONE could be home in time to watch the end.

Not a big fan of Cleveland State either but I guess they should have their turn as well.

I like Hamilton County.

Edited by mtnman

They would make more on the gate if they had it in Chattanooga.

Not very many fans travel to Sequatchie. Less fans = less money.

Chattanooga State, Brainerd, Howard would be PACKED with fans. More fans= more money for everyone not just the host school.

But it is fair for Sequatchie to host every once in awhile but good night it is a long drive from Chattanooga. Plus kids are not getting home until 11 or 12 at night. Last game starts at 9:30 p.m. EST.

If you had it in Chatt town, Sequatchie could play early and get home in time to watch the end of Bachelor. EVERYONE could be home in time to watch the end.

Not a big fan of Cleveland State either but I guess they should have their turn as well.

I like Hamilton County.

I am from McMinn County but I believe that Hamilton County is the best place for the Region tournament...it is the most central location...think about it...hosting it in cleveland means a long drive for Grundy, Sequatchie people, assuming they are participating...hosting at sequatchie means long drive for mcminn, monroe people...hosting in chatt means equal drive for everybody...not a long drive...

I am from McMinn County but I believe that Hamilton County is the best place for the Region tournament...it is the most central location...think about it...hosting it in cleveland means a long drive for Grundy, Sequatchie people, assuming they are participating...hosting at sequatchie means long drive for mcminn, monroe people...hosting in chatt means equal drive for everybody...not a long drive...

Your Right hamilton county is where it should be .. think about it east ridge high school has had a game at sequatchie for the past 2 weeks, and there game wasnt to 9:30 chattanooga time wich is 8:30 valley time.. so that means players arnt getting home till 11:30 or 12 at the latest and i know some principals allow the kids to come in to school late, and if they come in late they have tons of make up work... but the point is it is just a mess for all the schools to travel so far when they could have made it equal and had it in the hamilton county area....

PS: and plus the schools fans are not wanting to drive that far to see a game, and Like me, im a fan and want to come support my team but I have no transportation that far away... and why would they have district and regions at the same place???

Edited by abc123kid

Your Right hamilton county is where it should be .. think about it east ridge high school has had a game at sequatchie for the past 2 weeks, and there game wasnt to 9:30 chattanooga time wich is 8:30 valley time.. so that means players arnt getting home till 11:30 or 12 at the latest and i know some principals allow the kids to come in to school late, and if they come in late they have tons of make up work... but the point is it is just a mess for all the schools to travel so far when they could have made it equal and had it in the hamilton county area....

PS: and plus the schools fans are not wanting to drive that far to see a game, and Like me, im a fan and want to come support my team but I have no transportation that far away... and why would they have district and regions at the same place???

The district was in Chattanooga last year (East Ridge).

Well, for schools like McMinn Central and Tellico Plains, fan support is really no problem...their fans are really loyal (not to say others aren't)...I'm just saying...but you are most certainly correct...the reason I didn't go tonight was because it was in Dunlap and my father told me how to get there but I don't like to go to games that aren't close to an interstate lol...me and the interstate are best friends haha...but I think we just need to rotate it between Chattanooga State and Cleveland State every year...during the course of my high school career, the Region 3-AA locations were as follows:

Freshman: East Ridge High School

Sohphomore: Cleveland State

Junior: Chattanooga State

Senior: Cleveland State

I must say, though East Ridge is a high school, they are the only high school in the area I would approve of accomodating the tournament...other then that, it should be Chattanooga State and Cleveland State...or if you wanna make it permanent, Chattanooga State...I'd be cool with that...