Humboldt vs. Union City @ Trenton

benwoodsuc

Neither team is on what I would call a roll......Neither should be proud of the games they played last night......Neither will win match-ups with Middleton,Manassas,Middle College or Adamsville the way they played last night....I saw a prediction of 84-82...Only one could hope.....It won't be high scoring..I'm going with Union City 68 Humboldt 63.....

Weddle WILL get his....

If Union City doesn't defend the perimeter or hold the Vikings off the boards especially on the offensive end,it will be a LOONNGGG night for the Tornadoes....

Union City will have to force turnovers and score in transition,make it more of a half court type game...Union City couldn't run with the Vikings in Humboldt or in South Fulton,which is saying something...Union City is very athletic and quick....Humboldt will have to be cold from the outside..They surely cannot shoot light out like they did for three quarters in South Fulton...If Union City gets a sizeable lead,they will have to put the hammer down..They had a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter in Humboldt and had a 16 point lead last night vs Lake County in the 4th quarter,lost that lead in Humboldt and almost lost it last night.....

Here's hoping for a MUCH better played game between two very good teams on Thursday night.....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Toylon Smith is playing as well as he did last night against Halls i will have to say Humboldt. The lack of size Union City has will hurt them rebounding. Humboldt will need a big game from Kelsey Rose and Derek Sain as well. The one area that Union City has the advantage is the fact that Humboldt is yet to play any kind of defense what so ever. Evident by the 25 points DeMarcus Patrick scored while connecting on 5 threes. No disrespect to Patrick but if they don't get someone all over Weddle, I look for him to keep Union City in the game.

Humboldt wins in a very tight game, probably no more than 8-10 point margin.

If the Middleton @ Humboldt matchup occurs...then that's pretty much a makeup game from the Hall of Fame game earlier this year in Humboldt that was cancelled due to tornado watches...I remember everyone then saying Middleton by 10, 15, 20...even as much as 30...I doubt people would make those predictions knowing what Humboldt is capable of now...but, it's not Humboldt's job to worry about what's going on in the other region...just got to worry about beating UC and playing whoever comes into H-town Monday...and hey, who knows...Mannassas might come out of that region...you never know ;)

That's one Hall of Fame game I was hoping would be rescheduled! I do hope that match-up occurs, & if it does, my prediction is less than a 10 point margin either way.

What a shame that Lake County has to be left out. Three quality teams just happen to reside in one district.

As far as the championship is concerned, Weddle looked awful close to being back to 100% last night. Meanwhile, Derek Sain and Toylon Smith from Humboldt are both questionable for tomorrow night's game. Both teams are looking to host, but not to the point of risking further injury before Monday.

I hear both teams are making the trek to Middleton to do a little scouting tonight. Bring back some good info and good luck to both!

Neither team is on what I would call a roll......Neither should be proud of the games they played last night......Neither will win match-ups with Middleton,Manassas,Middle College or Adamsville the way they played last night....I saw a prediction of 84-82...Only one could hope.....It won't be high scoring..I'm going with Union City 68 Humboldt 63.....

Weddle WILL get his....

If Union City doesn't defend the perimeter or hold the Vikings off the boards especially on the offensive end,it will be a LOONNGGG night for the Tornadoes....

Union City will have to force turnovers and score in transition,make it more of a half court type game...Union City couldn't run with the Vikings in Humboldt or in South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>,which is saying something...Union City is very athletic and quick....Humboldt will have to be cold from the outside..They surely cannot shoot light out like they did for three quarters in South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a>...If Union City gets a sizeable lead,they will have to put the hammer down..They had a 16 point lead in the 3rd quarter in Humboldt and had a 16 point lead last night vs Lake County in the 4th quarter,lost that lead in Humboldt and almost lost it last night.....

Here's hoping for a MUCH better played game between two very good teams on Thursday night.....

Well, nice to see you on here backinthaoc...Seems like since the Humboldt-UC game in Humboldt, you haven't been on as much (wonder why :thumb: ) but yea, I do agree...both teams played far from their best Monday night...I did think UC would beat LC due to the fact that UC just matches up well with them...what I didn't see coming was such a close game between Halls and Humboldt...but...when the season is on the line, you can expect to take everyone's best...I do expect to see a well played game Thursday...and as far as the low scoring game you're looking for...I just can't see it...neither of these teams have played defense against each other so far...the game is so fast paced and there's so much shooting...it's hard not to get 80...so, I'll stick with my prediction of 84-82...good luck to your team though...I'm sure that place will be packed...and maybe we won't get that garbage ref that looks like Bob Sagget... :huh:

should be a good game...if marquis is hot humboldt is gonna need someone from their squad to really step up

If I were the coach, I'd do everything in my power to keep him ice cold...play him rough, foul him, get him frustrated...that's the way to get to him...yes, he's going to get his...he'll score his points, but when you get him frustrated is when he starts taking shots he has no business taking like nba 3-pointers fading away with hands in his face, and yea, he can hit those...but I'd rather see him shoot those than get his feet set and fire up with an open look...if Humboldt can get to him, get him frustrated, then it's definitely to Humboldt's advantage...

Edited by red_16