Rankings for D2

PKnCo42

I saw them last year and since they didnt lose to many players im sure its about the same team. They were a good team, but could be beaten and easily had some "question marks".

At this point I dont think anyone can name the best in state, but from what happened last year I wouldnt think it is Mcallie.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCallie has no question marks and certainly not at pitching. Jayne, Coleman and Moore are plenty good and they have more. I know little about about some of the others in the state in D2, but if there is someone better than McCallie, I'd have to see them. The only team to compare locally is Ooltewah and I'd say they are even. Ooltewah just gets more hype at this point. Both are very solid.

Well Rabble I sure hope McCallie lives up to the hype that you all are giving them. You obviously know little about D2. If you look at the some of the top teams in D2 you'll see that McCallie isn't the only team loaded with seniors from last year. Knox Webb returns 7 starters, Baylor starts 8 seniors, CB is always a big threat, Father Ryan returns 8 starters, and not to mention BGA is a threat when Ridings is on the mound. McCallie could very well get Ryan or BGA first game of state, which they have to get past Knox Webb and/or Baylor just to make it to state, and both are very capable of beating McCallie. I am not saying that all this is going to happen, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if any of it did. D2 is loaded this year and whoever does go all the way will have to play near perfect in May. By the way, if you look at the preview for McCallie an area of concern is starting pitching.. correct me if im wrong but isn't an area of concern a question mark? maybe im wrong and maybe they are one of the best teams in state.. well find out very soon.

Edited by PKnCo42

Well Rabble I sure hope McCallie lives up to the hype that you all are giving them. You obviously know little about D2. If you look at the some of the top teams in D2 you'll see that McCallie isn't the only team loaded with seniors from last year. Knox Webb returns 7 starters, Baylor starts 8 seniors, CB is always a big threat, Father Ryan returns 8 starters, and not to mention BGA is a threat when Ridings is on the mound. McCallie could very well get Ryan or BGA first game of state, which they have to get past Knox Webb and/or Baylor just to make it to state, and both are very capable of beating McCallie. I am not saying that all this is going to happen, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if any of it did. D2 is loaded this year and whoever does go all the way will have to play near perfect in May. By the way, if you look at the preview for McCallie an area of concern is starting pitching.. correct me if im wrong but isn't an area of concern a question mark? maybe im wrong and maybe they are one of the best teams in state.. well find out very soon.

BGA's best pitcher may not be Riddings!!!!! I have been told that they have David Isaacs (LHP & Soph) that went undefeated and got the win against the #24 team in the country last season as a freshmen. BGA's pitching depth is unreal and everyone knows that pitching wins championships.

Edited by cbg

BGA's best pitcher may not be Riddings!!!!! I have been told that they have David Isaacs (LHP & Soph) that went undefeated and got the win against the #24 team in the country last season as a freshmen. BGA's pitching depth is unreal and everyone knows that pitching wins championships.

[/quot

Did he pitch in the region games last year? If so how did he do because I dont know who this guy is.

We played in D2 until this year, so I know a little about it. Plus, I know most of the kids on Baylor and McCallie's teams, so I know about that situation as well.

Pitching is not a guestion mark at McCallie, no matter what some preview says. I know the guys that write those as well.

To say that Baylor will have 8 senior starters shows how little you know about Baylor. Etter always starts his seniors. Just ask the Baylor parents how they feel about that. Plus, I never said McCallie had a lot of seniors. Most of those seniors playing at Baylor played little last year, so simply having seniors starting doesn't prove much, though I will say Baylor has some good seniors this year.

It's funny how saying how good a team is makes people feel like I've knocked another team. Reread my post and tell me why you feel slighted? McCallie is very good and will be tough to beat. That doesn't mean the other D2 teams are bad.

Edited by Rabble Rouser

We played in D2 until this year, so I know a little about it. Plus, I know most of the kids on Baylor and McCallie's teams, so I know about that situation as well.

Pitching is not a guestion mark at McCallie, no matter what some preview says. I know the guys that write those as well.

To say that Baylor will have 8 senior starters shows how little you know about Baylor. Etter always starts his seniors. Just ask the Baylor parents how they feel about that.

It's funny how saying how good a team is makes people feel like I've knocked another team. Reread my post and tell me why you feel slighted? McCallie is very good and will be tough to beat. That doesn't mean the other D2 teams are bad.

This year though, all the seniors who are starting, deserve to start.

I totally agree with everything that FrankL and CoachBlue had to say. BGA should pose a strong threat this year with the improvements of the facilities and the hard work that them boys have been putting in. BGA's best pitcher is definiatly Ridings but Isaacs and Navery Moore should also thrive in that pitching staff. Isaacs also came in and defeated Father Ryan in a big region game at Ryan as a freshman.

I totally agree with everything that FrankL and CoachBlue had to say. BGA should pose a strong threat this year with the improvements of the facilities and the hard work that them boys have been putting in. BGA's best pitcher is definiatly Ridings but Isaacs and Navery Moore should also thrive in that pitching staff. Isaacs also came in and defeated Father Ryan in a big region game at Ryan as a freshman.

Excellent point Napoleon, IrishMan, my sources tell me that Isaacs came in the second inning vs father Ryan last year when senior pitcher, Ross was plagued by a series of injuries that kept him from finishing the game. BGA also has lefty Berek Offman to complete the starting rotation. But there will be a big void in the staff this year because BGA graduated the most sensational left handed pitcher of our time, Logan Lovell. :thumb: NOne the less, BGA will be able to compete with them all

Excellent point Napoleon, IrishMan, my sources tell me that Isaacs came in the second inning vs father Ryan last year when senior pitcher, Ross was plagued by a series of injuries that kept him from finishing the game. BGA also has lefty Berek Offman to complete the starting rotation. But there will be a big void in the staff this year because BGA graduated the most sensational left handed pitcher of our time, Logan Lovell. :thumb: NOne the less, BGA will be able to compete with them all

Logan Lovell, is this the same Lovell that once pitched 85 pitches in a complete game, and of those 85 pitches, 73 of them were curve balls?????

The arabian knights crew has graduated too. So its time for a new crew to pass throgh BGA. But never forget, long live the Arabain Knights!

To say that Baylor will have 8 senior starters shows how little you know about Baylor. Etter always starts his seniors. Just ask the Baylor parents how they feel about that. Plus, I never said McCallie had a lot of seniors. Most of those seniors playing at Baylor played little last year, so simply having seniors starting doesn't prove much, though I will say Baylor has some good seniors this year.

I did not say that Baylor would beat McCallie.. I said they could and that I would not be surprised if they did. Also, please be honest when you respond.. if you know tbca you know that the head coaches do the previews.. I think that the head coach would know more about the team than anyone, but you don't care what some "preview" says and you know the "guys" who write those anyway so i guess your right. I didn't say that you said McCallie was loaded with seniors thats what I said.. everything I wrote was not responding to what you had said I was giving my own opinion as well. I didn't feel that you had knocked any other team I felt that you were giving too much credit to a McCallie team that did not do well in the state tournament. I agree with you that McCallie will be tough to beat but you along with other members are making it seem as if McCallie has already won state and I am posting to let you know that its not gonna be the cake walk that you all at McCallie think it is. D2 is a real tough division this year regardless of who ends up on top it is going to be a long and bumpy road just to get to the state tournament in May.

I did not say that Baylor would beat McCallie.. I said they could and that I would not be surprised if they did. Also, please be honest when you respond.. if you know tbca you know that the head coaches do the previews.. I think that the head coach would know more about the team than anyone, but you don't care what some "preview" says and you know the "guys" who write those anyway so i guess your right. I didn't say that you said McCallie was loaded with seniors thats what I said.. everything I wrote was not responding to what you had said I was giving my own opinion as well. I didn't feel that you had knocked any other team I felt that you were giving too much credit to a McCallie team that did not do well in the state tournament. I agree with you that McCallie will be tough to beat but you along with other members are making it seem as if McCallie has already won state and I am posting to let you know that its not gonna be the cake walk that you all at McCallie think it is. D2 is a real tough division this year regardless of who ends up on top it is going to be a long and bumpy road just to get to the state tournament in May.

"that you all at McCallie think it is."

I have absolutely no affiliation or love of McCallie. I have a great deal of respect for this year's baseball team.

All I said was I want to see the team that beats them. Lighten up Frances.