Sullivan South/ Greeneville score

SMyers

coach morgan is just a 20 game winner this year ,i'm sure if you had anything to do with it he would be gone.

You know Hub, you try to come across as a tough guy, but you are really hilarious. I bet you are just a big teddy bear huh? Anyway, you KNOW D-B should not have won 20 this year. He's a VERY good coach. If D-B had any other coach in the conference, they'd have been lucky to finish .500.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Hub, you try to come across as a tough guy, but you are really hilarious. I bet you are just a big teddy bear huh? Anyway, you KNOW D-B should not have won 20 this year. He's a VERY good coach. If D-B had any other coach in the conference, they'd have been lucky to finish .500.

Volman you just can't seem to keep that size 5 1/2 out your mouth! While handing out a halfhearted complement to coach Morgan you've managed to stab every other conference coach and school in the back!! :thumb: You should try one knee instead of both when you’re sucken up. B):thumb: I agree with ya...you should shut up while Hub is ahead!!

Volman you just can't seem to keep that size 5 1/2 out your mouth! While handing out a halfhearted complement to coach Morgan you've managed to stab every other conference coach and school in the back!! :thumb: You should try one knee instead of both when you’re sucken up. B):thumb: I agree with ya...you should shut up while Hub is ahead!!

So you think there is a better coach in the conference better than Morgan?

So you think there is a better coach in the conference better than Morgan?

I do think that coach Morgan did a wonderful job this year…whoever I’m not one of those that fell for the “this is the weakest team we have had in years” or the “we don’t have much talent this year” crap…which is what it is!! Do I think his is the best coach in the conference…NO!! That’s a loaded question and I choose not to elaborate. Do I think he did the best coaching job this season…I think Thursday’s game will decide that! :thumb:

I do think that coach Morgan did a wonderful job this year…whoever I’m not one of those that fell for the “this is the weakest team we have had in years” or the “we don’t have much talent this year” crap…which is what it is!! Do I think his is the best coach in the conference…NO!! That’s a loaded question and I choose not to elaborate. Do I think he did the best coaching job this season…I think Thursday’s game will decide that! :P

if a 2nd place finish in the conference including 7-1 on the road to start the season, sweep of TnHigh, sweep of South, split with SC & SH to go with 24 wins to date doesn't help you decide if he did the best job then what will a win or loss Thursday do to convince you?I don't believe just because a team doesn't win 1 game late that would diminish to entire season....but of course i am biased.

I dont know much about this topic of coaching at South since I only saw them play one game and that was yesterday against Greeneville. However I did hear several South people talking about the coach would be a good freshman or JV coach but he did not have what it takes to be the varsitycoach. Like I said I just heard that last night from some of those around me and it sounds as though Volman may not be the only one thinking that.

That being said I just wonder what kind of season a team like Greeneville would have had in the Big 9. I know they are pretty good but it would be hard to have to get up and play well night in and night out. I know they had a few weaker teams but as for the big 4 that placed in the district.....it would be tough to play Science Hill on Tuesday then play Central on Friday and then play DB on the next Tuesday.

I heard from some Science Hill people that the DB freshman team was very good any thought on that? just curious since we didn't play them.

I dont know much about this topic of coaching at South since I only saw them play one game and that was yesterday against Greeneville. However I did hear several South people talking about the coach would be a good freshman or JV coach but he did not have what it takes to be the varsitycoach. Like I said I just heard that last night from some of those around me and it sounds as though Volman may not be the only one thinking that.

That being said I just wonder what kind of season a team like Greeneville would have had in the Big 9. I know they are pretty good but it would be hard to have to get up and play well night in and night out. I know they had a few weaker teams but as for the big 4 that placed in the district.....it would be tough to play Science Hill on Tuesday then play Central on Friday and then play DB on the next Tuesday.

I heard from some Science Hill people that the DB freshman team was very good any thought on that? just curious since we didn't play them.

Yep, setting in the stands with the parents you'll hear that. You'll hear quite a bit from the parents because they all think little Johnny is the second coming of Jordan. Wonder what those parents say to little johnny on the way home in the car, or say to little Johnny when they get home? Bad mouthing the coaching staff, I guarantee it. Then the fans and parents wonder why the team does not finish 2nd in the conference?? Wonder why, must be the head coach... :angry::angry::D:D All part of the politics in coaching high school basketball, I suppose.

Anyway to answer your question. I think Greenville would have been very competitive. The Big 9 would have been that much more exciting. Greenville has a very good team.

DB fans can answer better than I about the freshman team. I believe they either won all their games or lost 1...I'm probably wrong about that. I read an article about them earlier. DB is going to be very good for the next few years. lots and lots of talent coming up, if those boys can keep their egos in check and play as a team they will be very good.

Well, I don't have a little Johnny on any of these teams. I'm just a South fan. I'm a high school sports fan in general. Obviously I'm biased towards South, but I don't just attend South games. I attend games all over the area including Southwest Virginia. It's obvious who are better coaches than others. Heck, it's high school basketball in upper east Tennessee. There are going to be bad coaches. Plain and simple. To me, the best coach in the Big 9 is Morgan. That's not knocking the other coaches. Just as all teams normally have a best player, conference's have a best coach. And, as stated above, one game does not make a season. If D-B loses tomorrow night, I still think Morgan is the best coach. Heck, he finished second in a pretty decent conference without any great post play and without any great shooters.

if a 2nd place finish in the conference including 7-1 on the road to start the season, sweep of TnHigh, sweep of South, split with SC & SH to go with 24 wins to date doesn't help you decide if he did the best job then what will a win or loss Thursday do to convince you?I don't believe just because a team doesn't win 1 game late that would diminish to entire season....but of course i am biased.

You do know that Tony Vaughn took a AA team and went AAA with them…Central also swept THS, won TWO of the three games against DB/Charlie Morgan, split with South, only loss 3 conference games, won 23 games to date including their last 11 straight, finished a CLOSE third in the conference , and beat Greenville (District 2 champions)! Oh and let’s not forget…beat the Big 9 champion Hilltoppers in the championship game which made them the 2006 District 1 AAA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!! I WOULD SAY THAT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH REASON TO HAVE DOUBT…don’t you??! :angry:

Oh by the way…who takes the blame for the loss to Crocket because that would be a BIG black mark on anyone’s record.

I’m not biased. I just call it like I see it. :angry:

Edited by Cap1

You do know that Tony Vaughn took a AA team and went AAA with them…Central also swept THS, won TWO of the three games against DB/Charlie Morgan, split with South, only loss 3 conference games, won 23 games to date including their last 11 straight, finished a CLOSE third in the conference , and beat Greenville (District 2 champions)! Oh and let’s not forget…beat the Big 9 champion Hilltoppers in the championship game which made them the 2006 District 1 AAA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!! I WOULD SAY THAT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH REASON TO HAVE DOUBT…don’t you??! :angry:

Oh by the way…who takes the blame for the loss to Crocket because that would be a BIG black mark on anyone’s record.

I’m not biased. I just call it like I see it. :angry:

Vaughn did an excellent job. I would rank him second in the conference in coaching. Bottom line.....Morgan finished ahead of him in the conference with much less talent. Nuff said.

You do know that Tony Vaughn took a AA team and went AAA with them…Central also swept THS, won TWO of the three games against DB/Charlie Morgan, split with South, only loss 3 conference games, won 23 games to date including their last 11 straight, finished a CLOSE third in the conference , and beat Greenville (District 2 champions)! Oh and let’s not forget…beat the Big 9 champion Hilltoppers in the championship game which made them the 2006 District 1 AAA CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!! I WOULD SAY THAT IS MORE THAN ENOUGH REASON TO HAVE DOUBT…don’t you??! :lol:

I’m not biased. I just call it like I see it. :blink:

oh my friend...central had 4 conference losses! 2 to SH, 1 to DB, 1 to South

I wont argue about the job Vaughn has done but the whole AA to AAA has been so overworked. it's still 5 on 5 and they have a pretty good 5...way more depth acorss the board than the Tribe....but like I said it is my opinion and Cherokee did finish 3rd in there conference...but DB should beat them every time out I will agree

Oh by the way...did they not lose to Twin Springs right before Twin Springs got smoked by like 100 in the arby's. who takes the blame for that loss. :blink: