Another Shocker

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

64-59 Rutledge I am told.

Two technicals on Coach English at the end after a horrible call.

Unicoi takes the lead on a Hardin three with less than a minute to go. Rutledge misses a FT. Unicoi misses a FT. On Rutledge possession, after a blocked shot White for Unicoi comes up with the ball but the way offside official comes running in calling a jump. Not a jump. But anyway, possession to Rutledge and they hit a shot to go up by one. On Unicoi's ensuing possession White is called for a travel and English goes ballistic. Gets two T's and the boot. Rutledge hits four FTs as the game ends.

Edited by CycloneFan

Two technicals on Coach English at the end after two horrible calls.

Unicoi takes the lead on a Hardin three with less than a minute to go. Rutledge misses a FT. Unicoi misses a FT. On Rutledge possession, after shot or on a loose ball, White for Unicoi comes up with the ball but the way offside official comes running in calling a jump. Not a jump. But anyway, possession to Rutledge and they hit a shot to go up by one. On Unicoi's ensuing possession White is called for a non-travel and English goes ballistic. Gets two T's and the boot. Rutledge hits four FTs and game ends.

Ouch!!! It seems like the Erwin coach blew it for his players. You've got to act like you've been there before - even when officiating is terrible.

Two technicals on Coach English at the end after a horrible call.

Unicoi takes the lead on a Hardin three with less than a minute to go. Rutledge misses a FT. Unicoi misses a FT. On Rutledge possession, after a blocked shot White for Unicoi comes up with the ball but the way offside official comes running in calling a jump. Not a jump. But anyway, possession to Rutledge and they hit a shot to go up by one. On Unicoi's ensuing possession White is called for a travel and English goes ballistic. Gets two T's and the boot. Rutledge hits four FTs as the game ends.

Horrible calls have abounded in Union Co., and noone has been immune. Several were missed last night on Union's court, and Coach Combs had pleanty of reason to express his dislike for them. Unicoi's coach did what any coach would do and kind of lost it, but Rutledge was ahead anyway, and the clock was in their favor, at the time. Unicoi's coach showed some class when he stopped by the Rutledge bench to shake with the coaches on his way out after the 2 T's. Unicoi came with their rope for another elephant lynching, but went home disappointed. Boo to the fans who threw trash onto the court. Poor sports! I guess you found out Union County doesn't have a railroad trestle to use as a hanging tree! Watch out PF, 4 in one season will be hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

TUESDAY NIGHTS GAME WAS THE WORST GAME THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN UNICOI PLAY BUT YOU CANT BLAME THEM FOR THE LOSS THE REFS CALLED 4 STRAIGHT JUMP BALLS AND GAVE EVERYONE OF THEM TO RUTLEDGE AND THAT WAS WHAT LOST THE GAME FOR UNICOI AND COLTON WHITE GOT FOULED WHEN HE WAS SHOOTING A BUZZER BEATER BUT THEY CALLED THE WALK AND COACH ENGLISH WENT CRAZY AND PEOPLE WHO SAID STUFF ABOUT OUR FANS.....WE ARE THE MOST SUPPORTIN FANS THAT ANY HIGH SCHOOL HAS AND I THINK THAT EVERYONE THAT WAS AT THAT GAME KNEW THAT WE SHOULD HAVE WON BUT THE REFS GAVE IT AWAY BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHO THE BEST TEAM DOWN THERE WAS AND IT WAS UNICOI

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT COLTON WHITE AND BEN HARDIN WILL BE MISSED DEARLY BY UCHS AND WE ARE PROUD OF EVERYTHING THAT YALL HAVE DONE FOR OUR TEAM THIS YEAR AND THE BEST OF LUCK TO YALL IN THE FUTURE

WE LOVE YALL AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :)

TUESDAY NIGHTS GAME WAS THE WORST GAME THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN UNICOI PLAY BUT YOU CANT BLAME THEM FOR THE LOSS THE REFS CALLED 4 STRAIGHT JUMP BALLS AND GAVE EVERYONE OF THEM TO RUTLEDGE AND THAT WAS WHAT LOST THE GAME FOR UNICOI AND COLTON WHITE GOT FOULED WHEN HE WAS SHOOTING A BUZZER BEATER BUT THEY CALLED THE WALK AND COACH ENGLISH WENT CRAZY AND PEOPLE WHO SAID STUFF ABOUT OUR FANS.....WE ARE THE MOST SUPPORTIN FANS THAT ANY HIGH SCHOOL HAS AND I THINK THAT EVERYONE THAT WAS AT THAT GAME KNEW THAT WE SHOULD HAVE WON BUT THE REFS GAVE IT AWAY BECAUSE THEY KNOW WHO THE BEST TEAM DOWN THERE WAS AND IT WAS UNICOI

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT COLTON WHITE AND BEN HARDIN WILL BE MISSED DEARLY BY UCHS AND WE ARE PROUD OF EVERYTHING THAT YALL HAVE DONE FOR OUR TEAM THIS YEAR AND THE BEST OF LUCK TO YALL IN THE FUTURE

WE LOVE YALL AND THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :D

Gave them 4 straight jump balls, HMMMMMM........ I surely hope you aren't so lacking of intelligence that you believe that. Let me help you with the rules a little. They alternate jump balls. It Rutledge got 4 straight, protest to TSSAA. I don't think that will happen because crying won't make a protest work. Get real and stick with facts. I guess Unicoi didn't commit any fouls they didn't get called for either. Wow! I didn't realize Rutledge was playing the "perfect team". The game was OVER when the technicals were called. No way could Unicoi score with .2 seconds left on the clock. As for the fans, Unicoi threw caps, bottles, and suckers onto the floor at the refs, score table, and across the gym. It's a shame that the GOOD fans from Unicoi had to be represented by a group of poor sports who just can't take a loss on the road. Welcome to the real world! Hats off the Unicoi's coach and the men's team. You guys are a class act, and deserve to be better represented than this. Black73, keep your caps on your head, your bottles in your pockets, and your suckers in your mouths. That way you can't show just how little you know about the game. Consider yourself "AGITATED"! :P

I love the way you all think you all won that by pure talent. You know you wouldnt have had that game if it werent for the refs. Between the refs yeellin at our cheerleaders, the cops harrassin the players parents, and Your students...IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE THEY BROKE SEVERAL TSSAA RULES BY: takin off their shirts... CANT DO THAT....stormin the court....CANT DO THAT...and were all over the side lines and the court during the game....CANT DO THAT. And what happends? We get the T. The refs know the rules better then any of us and they let stuff like that fly and screw over the other team? Im am oh so very sorry that you all were gettin ready to loose the game but the refs shouldnt have made calls like they did. Our students didnt thow anything out on the court. Now I aint sayin nothing was thrown I just know it wasnt us. Dont even start talkin smack about our students. Our players could ask for better support from us. We represent our school and out boys and we did nothing wrong. But if the refs werent handing you all the game then no one would have had to throw anything. People from Rutledge shouldnt be happy about winning that game because they were given it. You didnt earn anything.... its nice havin the refs on your side aint it? You know d*mn well that the refs gave it to you all at the end with the jump ball...NO ONE HAD POSESSION OF THE BALL!!! And then gave ya the T and took our freakin coach out...He didnt even get to talk to the players after the game. We earned that game and everyone from Rutledge knows it. Your lil ape, well he really aint that lil is he??, needs to go back to the ZOO before he gives someone rabies! Sorry to b*t*h about the game but thats my oppinion and I am intitled to it.

But ya know its aight cause you all got beat by the "Mighty Tigers" too bad you all didnt give the refs what they wanted after the game. You might have had that one too.

Too bad you start runnin your mouth on here behind a computer screen if you had any guts you would have said something to our students at the game. But I guess you were too busy gettin busy with the refs.

I love the way you all think you all won that by pure talent. You know you wouldnt have had that game if it werent for the refs. Between the refs yeellin at our cheerleaders, the cops harrassin the players parents, and Your students...IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE THEY BROKE SEVERAL TSSAA RULES BY: takin off their shirts... CANT DO THAT....stormin the court....CANT DO THAT...and were all over the side lines and the court during the game....CANT DO THAT. And what happends? We get the T. The refs know the rules better then any of us and they let stuff like that fly and screw over the other team? Im am oh so very sorry that you all were gettin ready to loose the game but the refs shouldnt have made calls like they did. Our students didnt thow anything out on the court. Now I aint sayin nothing was thrown I just know it wasnt us. Dont even start talkin smack about our students. Our players could ask for better support from us. We represent our school and out boys and we did nothing wrong. But if the refs werent handing you all the game then no one would have had to throw anything. People from Rutledge shouldnt be happy about winning that game because they were given it. You didnt earn anything.... its nice havin the refs on your side aint it? You know d*mn well that the refs gave it to you all at the end with the jump ball...NO ONE HAD POSESSION OF THE BALL!!! And then gave ya the T and took our freakin coach out...He didnt even get to talk to the players after the game. We earned that game and everyone from Rutledge knows it. Your lil ape, well he really aint that lil is he??, needs to go back to the ZOO before he gives someone rabies! Sorry to b*t*h about the game but thats my oppinion and I am intitled to it.

But ya know its aight cause you all got beat by the "Mighty Tigers" too bad you all didnt give the refs what they wanted after the game. You might have had that one too.

Too bad you start runnin your mouth on here behind a computer screen if you had any guts you would have said something to our students at the game. But I guess you were too busy gettin busy with the refs.

:) Cry, cry, cry. What are you going to do? Have your train hoist me up on the trestle like the elephant? By the way, be glad I was talking with the refs, you couldn't handle it. ;)

Can't win em all. And playing at a District 2 school doesn't help either. But congrats to Unicoi on a great season.

As for the guy saying English blew it for his team...eat a bag and choke on it. You have NO idea what kinda coach English is. He wants nothing but the best for his team and he's not afraid to show it. Like others said, .2 seconds isn't enough to get a shot off and English let the refs know what he thought. I don't know of any coach from this area who wouldn't have done what English did in that situation. If my coach just sat there after some bogus calls, I'd have second thoughts about playing for him. Coach English deserves a ton of credit for doing what he's done this season and past seasons. So, unless you actually know him or have played for him, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and show some respect.

Again, congrats on a good season UC...White and Hardin will be missed, but they still have a good group of kids that will make next season even better.

Good luck to South Greene as well.

Gave them 4 straight jump balls, HMMMMMM........ I surely hope you aren't so lacking of intelligence that you believe that. Let me help you with the rules a little. They alternate jump balls. It Rutledge got 4 straight, protest to TSSAA. I don't think that will happen because crying won't make a protest work. Get real and stick with facts. I guess Unicoi didn't commit any fouls they didn't get called for either. Wow! I didn't realize Rutledge was playing the "perfect team". The game was OVER when the technicals were called. No way could Unicoi score with .2 seconds left on the clock. As for the fans, Unicoi threw caps, bottles, and suckers onto the floor at the refs, score table, and across the gym. It's a shame that the GOOD fans from Unicoi had to be represented by a group of poor sports who just can't take a loss on the road. Welcome to the real world! Hats off the Unicoi's coach and the men's team. You guys are a class act, and deserve to be better represented than this. Black73, keep your caps on your head, your bottles in your pockets, and your suckers in your mouths. That way you can't show just how little you know about the game. Consider yourself "AGITATED"! :angry:

theire were 4 jump balls from about 4 min left to go in the 3rd. first jump ball rutledge gets it. second jump ball rutledge gets it. third jump ball unicoi gets it. fourth jump ball rutledge gets it. now who is lacking of intelligence. you may know the rules but the refs dont. and #44 was fouled before they called the walk. that was what messed up the drive. maybe the ref was (CRAMPING) at that time and didnt see it. TSSAA you are the best and thanks for sending the best you had. NOT