Mitchell advances to 8AA final.

Galilee

I am in no way saying that. I am well aware that Haywood beat Bolivar because i was going to go but i didn't want to have to watch the girls and i knew that is the only way i could have gotten in the gym. I am just basing my assumption on how the two teams have played recently. I have seen both in the last 10 days and Bolivar played better than Haywood. No disrespect whatsoever to Haywood, i love watching them, Varnado, Liggins, Taylor, Comage and the whole gang are very good. On the other hand, Bolivar knows how to play when the games matter. I am not saying who will win. I just know it will be wild when they play and west tn will be deep in the Murphy Center. I just hope none of the west tn teams get upset.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in no way saying that. I am well aware that Haywood beat Bolivar because i was going to go but i didn't want to have to watch the girls and i knew that is the only way i could have gotten in the gym. I am just basing my assumption on how the two teams have played recently. I have seen both in the last 10 days and Bolivar played better than Haywood. No disrespect whatsoever to Haywood, i love watching them, Varnado, Liggins, Taylor, Comage and the whole gang are very good. On the other hand, Bolivar knows how to play when the games matter. I am not saying who will win. I just know it will be wild when they play and west tn will be deep in the Murphy Center. I just hope none of the west tn teams get upset.

I dont want to go back and forth on this issue, but when did you watch Haywood play? If it was in the Regionals then I hope you noticed the defense they are playing here down the stretch. Teams in the regional tournament are only averaging about 33 points a game. You know in what is always said "Defense wins championships" and they are certainly playing some suffocating defense at this point in the season. And you already know we have players that can score.

I have seen them play Jackson South Side before christmas, Oxford in New Albany, MS and Crockett County. They did play good defense against Crockett, but not so much against the other two. Just so you know, I don't think Bolivar will win it all gain, maybe the tomcats can be the one to end their run. I think a rematch of Haywood Mitchell would make for one heck of a championship game.

Here's how i see the AA state bracket playing out.

Bolivar beats Liberty tonight. Both win substate.

Haywood will beat Fayette Ware. Haywood wins substate.

Mitchell over Hillcrest. Mitchell wins over Fayette Ware in substate.

Wedensday 3/15 7:00PM Mitchell vs. Liberty

Thursday 3/16 10:30AM Bolivar vs. Haywood

Does anybody else think it's ludacris that the four best teams play each other in the first round. least it will get more people to Murfreesboro early in the week.

Mitchell vs. Liberty will be the best game in the tournament. Both agressive teams with great athletes.

My prediction if this match up does happen......

We will need 6 refs...the pace will be so fast that the first 3 will have to call tick tack fouls to slow the game down. Thus, having some come off the bench will be a plus and keep the flow going. :lol::o

Mitchell vs. Liberty will be the best game in the tournament. Both agressive teams with great athletes.

My prediction if this match up does happen......

We will need 6 refs...the pace will be so fast that the first 3 will have to call tick tack fouls to slow the game down. Thus, having some come off the bench will be a plus and keep the flow going. :lol::o

I wish those two teams would match up. Strength v/s Strength. For once, I could watch and truly enjoy a game with no interest in who wins.

GALILEE U SAY THAT U ARE THE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FOR MITCHELL..THATS GREAT..I THINK I HAVE SEEN U B4..R U A DARK SKINNED OLDER GUY WHO GOT ON THE NEWS TALKING ABOUT THE 2 BRANDON POWELL'S THAT ATTEND MITCHELL?

OH AND IM A STUDENT AT HAMILTON HIGH AND I FULLY SUPPORT THEIR TEAM..

WE PLAYED MITCHELL TWICE AND I MUST PROUDLY SAY WE DID BEAT THEM BOTH TIMES..BUT AT MITCHELL BRANDON POWELL AND THAD YOUNG ARE GREAT PLAYERS

I WENT TO MIDDLE SCHOOL WITH NAJULE AND JUNILE (SP?) IRVING WHERE THEY ALSO PLAYED BASKETBALL..THEY WERE GOOD THEN

Edited by Hoop_2k6