WC vs Smyrna

doedoe1961

Smyrna made changes and played good Defense im only going to say congratulations one more time. You won you played good Defense as i said earlier congratulations on the victory.Celebrate it now you should already be worrying about Hillsboro though i dont think you will have much trouble with them. On WCs part probably the worst offensive performance ive seen out of the Cats this year but oh well still in substate and its good to be back in it for the third year in a row!!!! Could meet yall agian in state championship

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where was hassells will last night??????

certainly didn't enforce it once smyrna made adjustments for this game

I think she only had one field goal maybe 2 the rest were free throws so i ask again if her enforcing her will ios so easy why not last night ????

You are beating a dead horse here...nope... wait, it could be a rented mule.

The game is over, Smyrna won. All hail Smyrna! Put up a banner, have a parade, celebrate, rent a mule...whatever floats your boat. :lol:

Tell your girls to take care of business, if we both get it done, we can talk about this again next week, say Saturday night...and before everyone goes jumping down my throat, I said "if".

You are beating a dead horse here...nope... wait, it could be a rented mule.

The game is over, Smyrna won. All hail Smyrna! Put up a banner, have a parade, celebrate, rent a mule...whatever floats your boat. :lol:

Tell your girls to take care of business, if we both get it done, we can talk about this again next week, say Saturday night...and before everyone goes jumping down my throat, I said "if".

you were correct the proper term is rented mule : )

I don't believe either team would throw a game, I just can't buy into that. This is a very competetive district, and these two teams have been at the top all year. I think they will both make it to the next level, and I hope they do play again for the Gold Ball. There will be some good teams in between though! One more time, this would settle it for sure, good luck to both, but will be leaning toward WC. :thumb:

Sorry folks havent been able to comment on all this that has happened but the mailman is here to make a few deliveries. First of all 2priceless why all of the hate? Sounds like someone needs to worry about their program. I guess WC threw the game like Smyrna did at Districts....no they didnt the girls played hard and smyrna was the better team bottom line. For anyone to say that they let Hassel score 33 pts is a joke she imposed her will and dominated bottom line. Terrible officials both ways i thought the physical play did work to the advantage of smyrna we just didnt adjust to the way the game was going to be called. Congrats Smyrna on the region championship you played hard and deserved it. Next stop for the Lady Wildcats is Whites Creek and hey if you folks want to guard Hassel one on one be my guest id love it Wilson Central has seen some of the best guards in the state i can easily say that Whites Creeks guard cant touch the starting guards from MJ and Smyrna so i believe we have already seen some of the best guards and wont have to much trouble getting ready. GO LADY WILDCATS wont be able to be at the game saturday going to be in Florida so Good LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Worry about MY program? Did you forget that MY GIRLS were in ther Final Four last yr? We played 3 freshmen, a soph and a jr this yr. They can only get better, and made MUCH progress almost knocking off Riverdale....lost by 2. I never gave up on them for a minute.We have the same amazing coach that EARNED us a silver ball already... in 01 I believe. Our boys team have also earned a silver ball. Our baseball program has 2 gold balls, and our football has two as well.. ...We also have 3 more gold balls in other different sports. Our wrestlers went to state in 06. PLUS...we play with our own zoned kids....!!

I am NOT worried about things at my school.....and will still suppport even if we lose in all of them. How about you ? Oh...almost forgot......GOOOOOOO SMYRNA! Region CHAMPS!

Package reurned to sender....insufficient postage.......!! .

2priceless we will take your support. There are too many haters on this board when it comes to Smyrna. When Smyrna wins---the excuses begin about an off night---very seldom has it been said that Smyrna won because they are good. They won region and still get no respect. They have beat Wilson Central 3 out of 4 times and still no respect. Has anyone thought the reason Wilson Central shot poorly was because Smyrna's defense is tough and forced poor shots. Of course if you thought that then you would have to give Smyrna credit which doesn't happen on here.

Go SMYRNA LADY BULLDOGS!!!!

Edited by shsalum

Worry about MY program? Did you forget that MY GIRLS were in ther Final Four last yr? We played 3 freshmen, a soph and a jr this yr. They can only get better, and made MUCH progress almost knocking off Riverdale....lost by 2. I never gave up on them for a minute.We have the same amazing coach that EARNED us a silver ball already... in 01 I believe. Our boys team have also earned a silver ball. Our baseball program has 2 gold balls, and our football has two as well.. ...We also have 3 more gold balls in other different sports. Our wrestlers went to state in 06. PLUS...we play with our own zoned kids....!!

I am NOT worried about things at my school.....and will still suppport even if we lose in all of them. How about you ? Oh...almost forgot......GOOOOOOO SMYRNA! Region CHAMPS!

Package reurned to sender....insufficient postage.......!! .

Yep, Oakland has 6 team champs, as does MJ, 4 for Smyrna, 7 for Whites Creek, ad nauseum!

Game is OVER! You guys (Smyrna and WCHS) need to worry about bringing back the Gold Ball to 9AAA! Hold up our honor!

Edited by MJ AND BEYOND

2priceless we will take your support. There are too many haters on this board when it comes to Smyrna. When Smyrna wins---the excuses begin about an off night---very seldom has it been said that Smyrna won because they are good. They won region and still get no respect. They have beat Wilson Central 3 out of 4 times and still no respect. Has anyone thought the reason Wilson Central shot poorly was because Smyrna's defense is tough and forced poor shots. Of course if you thought that then you would have to give Smyrna credit which doesn't happen on here.

Go SMYRNA LADY BULLDOGS!!!!

Would you like some cheese with that?

As I said before, I try to support the local schools round here. Some have NOT earned my respect, while others have. It makes me VERY angry that Smyrna got a shoddy lil article in the DNJ. A state -ranked team that continues to win DESERVES a PICTURE at least. Guess someone forgot that Riverdale lost last night. You would never know it fromt he press that they got. ( not hating on Riverdale, just angry about the lack of coverage for Smyrna!)

Here is something to chew on.....Smyrna will keep on playing their game with or without any fans. However, it SURE would be nice to see that they PACK their house with LOUD and PROUD fans tmorrow night. Once you see this group of girls play, you will get hooked.

Something that I heard that impressed me...the SHS girls made a tunnel at the regions for the LAVERGNE boys as they made their quest for the Region champ too, this being AFTER the SHS girls won their own title. Please NOTE.....Lavergne is Smyrna's MOST bitter rival. How many WC players would do that for MJ??

Smyrna just needs to stay focused on one game at a time and that's is one of the highlights for this team. They stay focused. I go to school at Smyrna and have classes with a lot of these girls and not once have I heard them be cocky and say We're gonna kill this team and that team and so on and so forth. They just work hard in school, practice, and games. Another thing is that this team has great chemistry. All of these girls seem to be best friends with each other and I see them get along during school, laughing and having fun and just being kids, but they know when to get serious during practices and gametime. They are playing their best ball at the right time.

First of all 2Priceless if you want to start talking about winning tradition first of all this is the 5th year of our school.....two state tourny appearences two region championships and two district championships thats about as good a start as any program has ever had. And look at our coaching staff win it comes to winning every coach on there has been a winner and nothing less. We have the second winningest coach in the states history!!!!!! To say that we dont win with players who are zoned to play in our zone is a terrible comment to make and one that isnt true why attack the program? Every girl on the Wilson Central team lives in the zone or has a parent working for the school system so lets not even start that argument agian. Im wondering where all your hate for Wilson Central is coming from oh well and guess what Wilson Central would never make a tunnel for Mount Juliet and if they did i think i would fall over and die its your bitter rival seriously you dont really hear much about that. I would never expect Mj to come and make a tunnel for our guys. ITS A RIVALRY!!!! Though i believe MJ fans do support us now that we have made it to substate as we cheered for them last year when they went on there run. If your our you cheer for the team in your county that is left. Hey 2priceless you have any ties to wilson county

First of all 2Priceless if you want to start talking about winning tradition first of all this is the 5th year of our school.....two state tourny appearences two region championships and two district championships thats about as good a start as any program has ever had. And look at our coaching staff win it comes to winning every coach on there has been a winner and nothing less. We have the second winningest coach in the states history!!!!!! To say that we dont win with players who are zoned to play in our zone is a terrible comment to make and one that isnt true why attack the program? Every girl on the Wilson Central team lives in the zone or has a parent working for the school system so lets not even start that argument agian. Im wondering where all your hate for Wilson Central is coming from oh well and guess what Wilson Central would never make a tunnel for Mount Juliet and if they did i think i would fall over and die its your bitter rival seriously you dont really hear much about that. I would never expect Mj to come and make a tunnel for our guys. ITS A RIVALRY!!!! Though i believe MJ fans do support us now that we have made it to substate as we cheered for them last year when they went on there run. If your our you cheer for the team in your county that is left. Hey 2priceless you have any ties to wilson county

Ties to Wilson County? Heck no. I have lived in the Boro since my family moved here in the late 80's. My son graduated from and played football for Oakland. My first loyalty has always been to them and always will

Hate for Wilson Central? No, not really.Actually , I have supported your football program since its induction into 5A. I like the attitude that your players have and the classy program that they run there. I am actually sort of liked by your school on the football boards if you can believe that! :lol:

What WC has achieved in bball is admirable for sure. However, I have found their bball fans to be very cocky. I heard about the "throwing water" on Lavergne's players last yr by your fans, and I didn't dig that. You guys don't seem to want to give anyone any respect on this site whatsoever. When I see things that I don't approve of, I generally take up the reins. Truthfully I compare your fans to the Siegel boys bball fans....arrogant, not giving any other team their due, and downright cruel. You make the hardworking girls at Smyrna the underdogs...and that is a reason for me to take up their banner. I am a sucker for the underdog. I always applaud good sportsmanship whether I like a team or not.

About your HC.......I couldn't even tell you his /her name. I couldn't agrue whether he/she is what you say....winningest coach......whatever b/c I simply don't have a clue. Even if you told me the name....it would still mean nothing. Lists like that are simply unimportant to me about those things. Does he /she have a ring? I will just reiterate that I think Oakland has the classiest coach in this area and IF I had a daughter that wanted to play bball...Grandstaff is who I would send her to.