Hume Fogg vs. David Lipscomb

GoBama

David Lipscomb 55

Hume Fogg 44

Both teams came out pretty sloppy in the 1st half - DL more so. DL was down 20-17 at the half and came out and play a whole lot better the 3rd quarter scoring nearly 20 points (or more). DL should have run away with this one, and they were at the end getting up by 15 or so, but a few turnovers got them rattled (Hume Fogg started pressuring hard), and they let HF back in the game. However, some free throws down the stretch by Slater, Hunt, and Clayton sealed it for them. Senior Trent Wilson really stepped it up this tournament from the offensive and defensive side. Senior Rob Mallernee, who has had an ankle injury that's kept him from playing really at all since the 2nd round of the district tourney, came in late in the game and provided on court leadership that calmed the team down a bit, plus he had some crucial defensive stops ... messed up ankle and all.

All-Tournament Team from DL : Brad Hunt (junior) and Caleb Clayton (sophomore).

Tournament MVP - Josh Slater

Heck of a coaching job by Pickens this region tournament. For those that were at the games and for those that know him, that's enough said. The DL guys really surprised a lot people by getting this far, and I know that Coach Pickens is a major reason for that.

Good luck to the Mustangs against Bolivar on Monday night @ home.

GO MUSTANGS

Guest catfish-hunter

Have you actually seen Slater play or are you just saying that because Willie is a great player?

Don't argue with BIGWEBB. He might go and pull out the "son" word on you. Willie is great and Wayne is great. They'll never hear it enough as long as BIGWEBB is around. He's their promoter :thumb:

Don't argue with BIGWEBB. He might go and pull out the "son" word on you. Willie is great and Wayne is great. They'll never hear it enough as long as BIGWEBB is around. He's their promoter :thumb:

Hey Catfish, I know you are messing around...Willie and Wayne are both great players.

But there are many great players on teams that don't make it this far.

I just hope the guys go out and play as if they really have something to prove, b/c if they let down and get satisfied...we all know what happens then. With alll this talk of another "Gold Ball", I just kinda wonder if ALL of them really understand just what a GREAT acomplishment that would be???

I do know this...they REALLY hate to lose and I expect them to pulll out all the stops now. I want them to win for the TEAM of course...but after all, they are Mr. B-Ball Finalists! Each one NEEDS to showcase what they can do!!!

Ok. OK. I'll try to stay on topic now!!!

Edited by firefulmer

Hey Catfish, I know you are messing around...Willie and Wayne are both great players.

But there are many great players on teams that don't make it this far.

I just hope the guys go out and play as if they really have something to prove, b/c if they let down and get satisfied...we all know what happens then. With alll this talk of another "Gold Ball", I just kinda wonder if ALL of them really understand just what a GREAT acomplishment that would be???

I do know this...they REALLY hate to lose and I expect them to pulll out all the stops now. I want them to win for the TEAM of course...but after all, they are Mr. B-Ball Finalists!

Each one NEEDS to showcase what they can do!!!

Ok. OK. I'll try to stay on topic now!!!

I have seen Slater play and he is definitely the real deal. He is still growing and considering he's a sophmore, provides a lot of leadership to the team. He has been hampered this year by some injuries that have slowed him down a little bit, but he always comes out and gives every ounce he has. I can't say how he'll do against the Bolivar guys because I haven't seen then play, but I know that no matter what, playing against great players only makes you better so David Lipscomb is looking forward to this challenge.

I have seen Slater play and he is definitely the real deal. He is still growing and considering he's a sophmore, provides a lot of leadership to the team. He has been hampered this year by some injuries that have slowed him down a little bit, but he always comes out and gives every ounce he has. I can't say how he'll do against the Bolivar guys because I haven't seen then play, but I know that no matter what, playing against great players only makes you better so David Lipscomb is looking forward to this challenge.

Correction. Josh Slater is a junior and has already signed with David Lipscomb University. He has all the ingredients to not only be one of the top seniors for the class of 2007, but to also become a solid D1 player. He has grown and got stronger since last year,and can not only penetrate by an opponent but has a deadly outside shot that makes you play up on him and respect. Not to mention he is under control and does all of his scoring out of the team system.

Correction. Josh Slater is a junior and has already signed with David Lipscomb University. He has all the ingredients to not only be one of the top seniors for the class of 2007, but to also become a solid D1 player. He has grown and got stronger since last year,and can not only penetrate by an opponent but has a deadly outside shot that makes you play up on him and respect. Not to mention he is under control and does all of his scoring out of the team system.

thank you for the correction. slater missed much of last year with a serious injury so it feels like only his second year. we look forward to watching him as he goes to college and then who knows? he seems to be able to adapt to whatever type of ball the other team is playing and if he is being double teamed, has no problem giving he ball up to the open man. go josh!