UNION CITY -VS- MIDDLETON

M-Town Baller

If you want to believe this...he wasn't shooting well the other night when he had 46...If he would have...he might have scored 60...

I'm glad that somebody besides me noticed that. If he had hit the shots that he normally hits, MAN!!!, he would've had more than 60. Thursday may have been another off night for him. Not too many people can say that about themselves.

Yep...He wasn't hitting his 3 with the consistency that he normally does...he still had 5 of them but it was a below average shooting night for him...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well man I'm from Halls. We're 1 big man away from being in the SubState. Middleton came to Halls a couple of years ago and lost in the substate. That game should have been the championship. If Middleton had beaten Halls that night Middleton would be going for 3 peat. Middleton will beat UC. U beat Bolivar. Middleton will play Humboldt for state championship.

I think this will be a very good game. I am glad we will have home court advantage. I am going with my tigers by 5. How do you stop Weddle or do you just contain him.

I may be new at this. But my opionion. I saw UC play at beginging of year and once more since. Middleton may have homecourt and trying to get back to state. Just that, trying to get back to state. UC in upset. Others step up big time to help Weddle who still gets his 25 plus points. UC has played tougher schedule to prepare for a game just like this. Showtime is here.

I agree ghvolrebel showtime is here and i believe U/C will take this if somebody will step for U/C and take some pressure off of Quis..This is the biggest game of the year for U/C and Quis rises up for big games i dont think he will let his team lose he will put up as many as it takes..I go with U/C by ten...Good luck to both teams it should be a battle!!!

Well man I'm from Halls. We're 1 big man away from being in the SubState. Middleton came to Halls a couple of years ago and lost in the substate. That game should have been the championship. If Middleton had beaten Halls that night Middleton would be going for 3 peat. Middleton will beat UC. U beat Bolivar. Middleton will play Humboldt for state championship.

Well man..I think your problem is that Union City beat your boys WITHOUT WEDDLE BY 30 and your still a little mad about that but its ok i understand..But i will give them some props..Halls is gonna be a BIG FORCE to recon with next year and i do think if they get their ducks in a row they will be a state contender next year without a doubt..Lake Co. will also be verrryyyyy solid next year and i think that will be your regional championship game next year..Union City will also be very soild but they will have alot of work to do to get back where they are right now..And no im not counting out Humbolt after i saw them young guys step up against Union City thur.night they will also be a big team to deal with..The bottom line is 14a will once again be verryyy soild next year once again and for the years to come..MARK IT DOWN!!!

To be perfectly honest --

I hope they both lose.

I'd give anything to see a good ol' 11-6 game, or something along those lines. Who wouldn't love to see these two teams combine to shoot about 2 percent from the floor?

If I absolutely HAVE to cheer for one team over another....I'd have to go with the Tigers. At least they aren't a Class AA refugee. But whoever wins, I REALLY hope they get what's coming to them in their first game in Murfreesboro.

Forget Middleton's gym not being big enough to hold the fans from both teams. That gym isn't big enough to hold Union City and Middleton's collective ego....but then again, neither is Neyland Stadium.

It is very disappointing to see a statement like this from you bigwes68. No, UC is not a refugee from AA. Their enrollment justified their move to A sports. This dog has been kicked so many times there cannot be anything left of the carcass. Get over it bigwes68. Lake County had an outstanding year. Don't take that away from them by comments like yours. Everyone knew that a strong team out of 14A would have to lose. I am sure UC and Humboldt thank Lake County for preparing them for the level of competition that they will see at sub state and at the 'Boro. Looking at the teams coming out of East Tennessee the teams from West Tennessee should not have any problems at the 'Boro. Don't knock it. I was rooting for Lake County just as hard as you were. I have fond memories of the program from when I taught there (Lara Kendall '93-'95), but my heart is with UC. Lake County will be back next year and the year after. Just don't let the parents run off Coach Whitby like they did at OCCHS. :thumb:

I hope they both lose.

I'd give anything to see a good ol' 11-6 game, or something along those lines. Who wouldn't love to see these two teams combine to shoot about 2 percent from the floor?

If I absolutely HAVE to cheer for one team over another....I'd have to go with the Tigers. At least they aren't a Class AA refugee. But whoever wins, I REALLY hope they get what's coming to them in their first game in Murfreesboro.

Forget Middleton's gym not being big enough to hold the fans from both teams. That gym isn't big enough to hold Union City and Middleton's collective ego....but then again, neither is Neyland Stadium.

BEST QUOTE I HAVE SEEN SINCE BASKETBALL SEASON STARTED!

CC

I hope they both lose.

You know it's funny,Union City people were not saying anything the last few years when they were playing teams two or three times bigger than they were,enrollment wise,in their district and region.....They just laced em up and played....To bad some others can't do that now...You might ought to get used to Union City in 1A in basketball,they may never leave...They may be like Humboldt in a few years,1A in basketball and 2A in football.....Lake County had the team to go all the way this year,they just choked in the big game,plain and simple....

As far as either one of these teams getting anything at state...The only team with anything for them is Humboldt,a team Lake County beat THREE times....Got to make you almost want to puke....Oh,but they are another AA refugee..So if they win I guess you will petition the state to put an asterisk beside their name in the record book.....

The AA thing ,I think has seen it's day....Move on BigWes..You can't use that as an excuse forever... :(

You started it...with the go and see Bolivar play. I just responded to it. Holderofallknowledge is not worth responding to. He makes dumb comments every time he gets on here. I think he is probably in junior high. I have a little respect for you. Like I said it should be a good game. Home court advantage will help us. Should be exciting!

ur an idoit! ur posts r much more ridiculous than mine. For starters, u have faith that middleton is going to win, that is completely moronic. Another outrageous statement is that u believe the game is going to be close. That has to be the most idiotic post I have ever seen in the history of my CoachT experience. I'm sorry that you do not have any respect for me, but I'm going to have to stick to my prediction of Union City 84-5.

<If you want to believe this...he wasn't shooting well the other night when he had 46...If he would have...he might have scored 60...

benwoodsuc

I'm glad that somebody besides me noticed that. If he had hit the shots that he normally hits, MAN!!!, he would've had more than 60. Thursday may have been another off night for him. Not too many people can say that about themselves.>

i have watched UC play the last few games and i have never seen such great games. it is such a shame that humboldt, lake county, and UC are all in the same district, all of them have the talent to make it to the 'boro, unfortunately only two of the will...

more importantly, i was at the game thursday when Marquis put up 46, and i definitely noticed the low percentage of 3s Weddle made...very uncommon for him. with all of this said, 46 points is huge, imagine if he had been on. i agree with benwoodsuc, he would have broken 60 if he had been shooting like normal. i expect to see him put up 40+ tonight. MJ Brown was off that night also with only 11 points i believe. i expect to see him with 15+ and 20+ if he has the free throw opportunities he had thursday night. expect a great game out of XMAN Xavier Robinson! as long as the refs let these boys play, UC should take this one home. expect great things under the board from xavier and tony mosely.

I'm not making excuses. This could be Kentucky, you know, and all of us could be in the same district with Dyersburg, Dyer Co., Central, Westview, etc. Nowhere in my post did I say, "Well, if they weren't a former AA team, we wouldn't have lost." If you'll read some of my posts from earlier in the season, I made the statement that whoever we play, we've just got to put our best five against their best five and take care of business. We didn't do that last Monday night.

I'm pulling against Union City because I always pull against Union City, in every sport, no matter who they're playing, always, always, always. They are to me what Alabama is to Tennessee. They have the absolute most arrogant, cocky fans of anyone we play, and we just flat don't like them. Not to mention a certain sports editor from a certain daily paper in that particular town who treats LC like a red-headed stepchild.

It is a bit disheartening to know that in both basketball and football, teams that played in a higher classification last year finished 1-2 in the region. But we are not using it as an excuse. Heck, we'd still rather play UC, Humboldt and McKenzie than USJ (better known as the West Tennessee All-Stars). It doesn't mean we like it, but there's nothing we can do about it. LC did beat Humboldt 3 times, beat UC once, and was awful, awful close to beating McKenzie in football. The Falcons just couldn't get it done when it counted, just like last year.

If you will read my post more closely, you will find that I was talking more about the collective ego of Union City and Middleton, and not the fact that UC was a former AA school. I mentioned that ONLY in the context that their former status would be the deciding factor if I had to choose one team or the other in tonight's game. Like I said, I don't like either of them. They both have cocky, arrogant fans and they both need to be taken down a notch. I'm just sad that Lake County wasn't able to do it. Hopefully, someone else will.