REGION 1-AA

agitator53

:lol:

Just wondering why the Coach Combs brothers are being so silent with all this trash talk about their team and school? Where are you guys? How about someone standing up for the Pioneers? Do I have to keep defending from over here in Claiborne county? I've got my hands full with Claiborne and Cumberland Gap. Come on, some of you Pioneers stand up for your group! Remember, stick with our district. Way to go Pigeon Forge! All the way. If Claiborne, CG, or Rutledge couldn't go, you guys take it all the way! :o

:o

Just wondering why the Coach Combs brothers are being so silent with all this trash talk about their team and school? Where are you guys? How about someone standing up for the Pioneers? Do I have to keep defending from over here in Claiborne county? I've got my hands full with Claiborne and Cumberland Gap. Come on, some of you Pioneers stand up for your group! Remember, stick with our district. Way to go Pigeon Forge! All the way. If Claiborne, CG, or Rutledge couldn't go, you guys take it all the way! :lol:

they know bad calls won the game tues. and then just got beat on wed.

I know Coach Combs and he wouldn't get on a message board a trash talk, just as Coach English wouldn't. Coach Combs did a wonderful job with the team this year, winning 19 games was a great accomplishment. They played a tough schedule in Regular season and it helped prepare them for the tournaments. They were the better team on Tuesday and Pigeon Forge was better than them on Wednesday. They played hard every night and left it all on the court. Congrats to Unicoi on a great season and Congrats to PF for winning it all.

Rutledge[/url'>rocks' post='825974839' date='Mar 5 2006 - 01:32 PM']

Gosh its not that hard to understand . During the unicoi game rutledge put a box and 1 on their best player # 44 Colton or whatever. They shut him down. And the rest was easy for the pioneers. They did not win because of bad calls.

Rutledge just flat out beat Unicoi County. That is all there is to it. Both teams played a great game, but Rutledge had a little bit more motivation since that made the first time they have been past the first round of the regional tournament since the 1980s. Just get over it. Rutledge won. The coaches have enough back up over there in Rutledge that they don't need to say anything.

Edited by BIGFAN4525

BigFan4525, I agree that Rutledge won fair and square and I think that they wer more motivated. They have however advanced to the Regional Semifinals more recently than you suggest. They Upset Volunteer at Hal Henard in 2000-01 to advance to advance to the Semis where they lost to GP in OT. I believe that they also beat Alcoa in the first Round a couple of years earlier when the tourney was held at GP.

boxn1 you're right on the regional win at Hal Henard in 2001 where the Pioneers knocked out Volunteer, but the game with Alcoa was a loss...a great game Rutledge should've won because of the way they shot free throws that night, but missed some open looks underneath to wind up losing by 3...Coach Marsh was very complementary of the team to Coach Combs afterwards and said he didn't know how on earth that they won...

boxn1 you're right on the regional win at Hal Henard in 2001 where the Pioneers knocked out Volunteer, but the game with Alcoa was a loss...a great game Rutledge should've won because of the way they shot free throws that night, but missed some open looks underneath to wind up losing by 3...Coach Marsh was very complementary of the team to Coach Combs afterwards and said he didn't know how on earth that they won...

Sorry for the misunderstanding. My sources had told me that Rutledge had not been since the 80s. I will have a talk with my sources and find out what is going on. Thanks for the update guys. I appreciate it. :thumb:

Edited by BIGFAN4525