Greeneville/D-B Game

Gatorade_Water

Who are Greeneville's starters and what do they each do well. What are their roles and strengths? I have not seen them play this year.

Wiggins - can hit from anywhere on floor. Great rebounder and defender. Has been averaging over 20 pts and about 10 rebounds a game over the last 10 - 15 contests. A selfless player as he could consistently score 30 + a game if he wanted. Deceptively quick at 6'7". An amazing talent who we may see play in the SEC in a couple of years.

Anderson - at the point is not flashy but gets the job done. Shoots the 3 ball well and doesn't turn the ball over. A solid defender. Again, he just doesn't turn the ball over and runs the show like none other.

Washington - not much of an offensive threat but very strong defender and rebounder. A very strong player who plays taller than his height of 6'3". A true team player who does all of the blue collar work.

Boone - good ball handling skills and has been consistent from the 3 spot. Offensively, he has been struggling of late but had some early key baskets against DB. He is as quick as anyone to the basket. If he can find his stroke, G'ville may have fun at State. Knows the game like none other.

Moore - a fantastic all around athelete. Can kill you from the 3 spot. He is a great rebounder who plays more like he is 6'6" or 6'7" and not 6'1". Has to have at least a 35" vertical. Words cannot explain the improvement Moore has made in his game over the last year. Although doesn't run the offense, has great ball handling skills.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of you who went to the game tonight:

What did you think of the officiating? This late in the season, the refs usually let more banging go on. It seemed as though the tall official with the mustache and the younger official let em' play but the older official called 75 % of the fouls. I don't understand how you can have such a disparity in the way the game is called between refs on the same crew.

i don't think that taller ref with the mustache is very good at all, i have seen him call games in the tournament and some in the past and he will get on this one way calling kick sometimes. the older was wasn't very good either. But the ref that killed me the most was the one in the Central/Jeff Co. game that missed like 5 obvious walks against Jeff Co. he reffed when i played and he was horrible then haha. But some of the refs were ok this time

Sounds like it was a pretty good game.Congrats for making it this far and good luck in sub-state.

Tarpon your dead on with your player reviews,I was amazed at all those off. boards Moore pulled down against SH,he's a heck of an athlete,and he's got a pretty shot to,not easy to deal with.I'd love to see both of these teams make some noise in the 'Boro.

Good luck to you all :(

Sounds like it was a pretty good game.Congrats for making it this far and good luck in sub-state.

Tarpon your dead on with your player reviews,I was amazed at all those off. boards Moore pulled down against SH,he's a heck of an athlete,and he's got a pretty shot to,not easy to deal with.I'd love to see both of these teams make some noise in the 'Boro.

Good luck to you all ;)

yea db just couldnt touch greeneville