District 11A

rhs#1fan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who do they have left on the team that should be considered as dangerous???

The team is returning three starters (1 junior and 2 sophmores) along with three key role players (1 junior, 1 sophmore, and 1 freshman) they also have some very talented players on the bench and coming up from the 8th grade. The only thing they lack is discipline which I believe starts with the coach. he has got to make this talented group listen to him. I don't think he can do that.

:thumb: ...first off i didnt really think they had anyone dangerous this year...and now they have several???...second off how would a post on coacht cause problems on the teams <_<

It will cause problems because if I leave somebody's name off, they might get mad, and if you have people on a team mad at each other, it's gonna hurt the team and you won't do as good.

Culleokarep Who are you, and do you play any sports? Just wondering because I used to go to Culleoka.

Edited by RidinSplinters

• 2 weeks later...

It will cause problems because if I leave somebody's name off, they might get mad, and if you have people on a team mad at each other, it's gonna hurt the team and you won't do as good.

Culleokarep Who are you, and do you play any sports? Just wondering because I used to go to Culleoka.

I watched your coach yesterday and still wasn't impressed with his coaching decisions. During one game, he had a large lead just to let it disappear with 30 seconds left. The last game he "coached" he platooned players off the bench every five minutes, then got upset when they didn't hustle. Who can hustle in five minutes??

By the way, isn't it against TSSAA rules for a head coach in high school to coach AAU ball??

I watched your coach yesterday and still wasn't impressed with his coaching decisions. During one game, he had a large lead just to let it disappear with 30 seconds left. The last game he "coached" he platooned players off the bench every five minutes, then got upset when they didn't hustle. Who can hustle in five minutes??

By the way, isn't it against TSSAA rules for a head coach in high school to coach AAU ball??

A high school coach can coach AAU just not his players from the high school team. I said he is coming to practice and watching and getting ideas. He's not coaching the team though. When did you see our coach? Because we got put out in Feb. in the first round of district.

Edited by RidinSplinters

• 2 weeks later...

A high school coach can coach AAU just not his players from the high school team. I said he is coming to practice and watching and getting ideas. He's not coaching the team though. When did you see our coach? Because we got put out in Feb. in the first round of district.

He was coaching at the previous tournament your team played. I heard he was coaching them last weekend also.

• 3 weeks later...

so tell me what teams are really gonna compete with culleoka and moore co....i would love to know...

Is #10 coming back for Cully?

When I saw Cully play in the District tourney I told my wife that they would not go far. Not because they did not have talent, they had plenty to talent. It just appeared to me that they had one player who made some very bad decisions because he thought he was a one-man show. Everyone else was trying to find a way to fit in. That may not be a fair accessment because I only saw them play 3 times, but I was right about the early exit. They appeared to have 7 or 8 players the were "ball players". They just appeared to never get into the flow of the game. Just an opinion.

:thumb::thumb:

I happen play for Richland, and I think people blame our coach too much. He is young and maybe too young to have gotten a head coaching job yet, but he did so we need to show him respect and do what he says. We have too many people on our team that complain and pout about stupid stuff. If somebody takes one bad shot, everybody gets mad and wants coach to take them out, but nobody is perfect. Look at anybody in the NBA. Their coach doesn't take them out everytime they take a bad shot. And we have too many "I's" and "ME's" on the team. When we came together as a team and listened to him, we were tough to beat. Just ask CA. They were a great ball club, but we came back from down by 16 at halftime to win at their place and played them to a 1 point game at our place. That just goes to show that when we play together and "LISTEN" to Coach and do what he says, we can be a tough team. He may need to work on some discipline for the team, but part of getting a new coaching job is changing the team and rebuilding it the way you want it. And we have proven that if everybody tries to do their own thing, then your team will fail, regardless of how talented the individuals are. It takes teamwork and enough respect for your coach to do what he says and be willing to listen to him and get better to be a successful team. Take Culleoka for example. They have a lot of talent which helps, but they listen to their coach and play together. It would be easy for DeMario to let all the hype around him to go to his head and decide he wants to do everything himself and they wouldn't be near as successful. I think everybody needs to cut Coach Miller a little slack because it normally takes a few years to get a team going good again after getting a new coach unless you have an unusually good coach or a team that listens and is willing to change their ways, which isn't very common in high school. If we get a new coach now, then there is gonna be another year or two of changing and rebuilding again which could result in the same thing as the last two years. I think everybody should just cut him a little more slack for another year or maybe two. If the program is still doing the same thing, then it might be time to think about getting a new coach. Also, Coach Miller has just bought a house and is getting married, so he has other things on his mind right now that might be causing a lot of stress. Just let him settle in a little better and I think the team is going to have a great turnaround next year. Another positive thing is, I have talked to Coach Miller and he is watching an AAU team practice and learning things from that coach. If he is willing to take time out of his schedule to do that, then he must be dedicated to the team, so we need to dedicate ourselves to the team and his system and show him a little respect. If we don't, then things are never going to get better.

You are wise beyond your years!! :thumb:

Is #10 coming back for Cully?

When I saw Cully play in the District tourney I told my wife that they would not go far. Not because they did not have talent, they had plenty to talent. It just appeared to me that they had one player who made some very bad decisions because he thought he was a one-man show. Everyone else was trying to find a way to fit in. That may not be a fair accessment because I only saw them play 3 times, but I was right about the early exit. They appeared to have 7 or 8 players the were "ball players". They just appeared to never get into the flow of the game. Just an opinion.

:P:D

Yes #10 is coming back, he is only a sophomore....

Good observation about the team, I agree with you.... :P