Obion County @ Hillcrest

treefitty74

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC will see another quality club this week in Hillcrest. Miss Basketball Finalist Whitney Houston is back and her supporting class in supposedly better than last season. Hillcrest hasn't been tested in almost two months , winning their games by double digits.

OC must bring their "A" game and REBOUND< REBOUND< REBOUND, keep Hillcrest from 2nd chance shots and continue to stay within their offense.

These Lady Rebels have played so well in post-season play and have taken on some of the toughest teams in the state(Haywood, Westview, NorthSide)

If they hold true to form and do the little things it takes to win, I see the Lady Rebs

taking another M @ M trip(Memphis @ Murfreesboro) ..

Let's Rev it UP LADY REBS!! :thumb:

Hillcrest wins by 5.....looks like Obion Co did something that no other region 7 school has done in about 5 years!

Hillcrest has a team like no other region 8 team has had in about 5 years. Your coaches know; they were scouting them a few days before the region semifinals :thumb: . They are a very fundamentally sound team, something you don't see from Memphis schools all that often. It appears that their coach does things right. Add skill to the athleticism and you have a pretty spunky team. Given that they are on the opposite side of the bracket from Austin East, Hillcrest has a good shot at getting to the Championship game.

Hopefully a game between Jackson Northside and Hillcrest looms in the not-so-distant future.

Maybe at least one of these teams will bring back the gold.

Edited by PowerSet

Well not the end of the season that we were looking for, but still a solid tournament season for OC. I for one would have loved to have seen this bunch make another run at the 'boro. But give Hillcrest credit, a very good ball club, well coached, and they, unlike some Memphis teams stay in their gameplan. A great effort by OC. The two seniors, Jennifer Davis, and Abby Reedy will certainly be missed, as they were hard working, leaders for this bunch. And both Reedy and Davis are just GREAT kids. They will both do well in whatever they do after high school. OC will return alot of talent, and alot of experience, both of which will be needed next season in the always tough District 13AA. Again, GREAT job Lady Rebels, once again you have made us Rebel fans proud.

as always.........

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obion Central gave a valliant effort but lost to an excellent Hillcrest team this past Saturday night.. Whitney Houston showed the quickness and agility of a team leader and Miss Basketball finalist and Crystal Riley is definately the star of the future for Hillcrest.. The Sophomore had five 3's and finished with over 20 points.

OC battled back from being down 24-13 with a 10-0 run to make it a one point game in the first half and did the same thing in the 2nd half :D A layup by Jennifer Davis tied things at 45 but Hillcrest went out with 7-2 to get the win..

Jennifer and Abby played their final game in a Lady Rebel uniform and will be missed. They represented OC girls basketball with dignity and class and are outstanding students as well.. thanks again for the things you've done for girls basketball at Obion Central and best of luck in college. :thumb:

Good luck to Hillcrest in the state tournament ..

Just curious as to when was the last time that no 13AA girls teams were in the state tournament and how often has that happened over the past decade or so??

Just curious as to when was the last time that no 13AA girls teams were in the state tournament and how often has that happened over the past decade or so??

I don't know how long it has been but my guess would be the late 90's.......I do know this.....I hate it that there are no teams from 13AA up there...... :thumb:

Another pukebag please..... :D

I don't know how long it has been but my guess would be the late 90's.......I do know this.....I hate it that there are no teams from 13AA up there...... :(

Another pukebag please..... :D

Had to happen before that MR.D :D OC went to state in 97',98'@ 99' ..

Also Crockett Co. went a time or so during those years as well..

Westview up there in 96' (state champs) so , maybe early 90's , I don't know ..

Sad, sad day in 13AA :( How does one cope Heavy D ?? :thumb:

I can go back to 1995....

95-Westview lost to Marshall Co in state Quarters

96-Westview State Champions, ranked # 9 nationally!!!!

97-Obion Co

98-Obion Co

99-Obion Co

00-??????

01-Westview lost in state semis to Jackson Co....Covington Also there

02-Gibson Co, Ridgeway beat Westview in substate

03-Westview lost in state final, Gibson Co, I think, was there

04-Gibson Co, Crockett Co(Lash still sends Haywood Christmas cards :( )

05-Westview lost to Walker Valley, Obion Co lost to Austin East in state quarters

06-Go to the House

I think Crockett also went 1 0r 2 times inthe late 90s but not sure what year. Nybody remember about 2000. Seems like that was one of the years for the sectional format at Oman Arena....

Hillcrest has a team like no other region 8 team has had in about 5 years. Your coaches know; they were scouting them a few days before the region semifinals :( . They are a very fundamentally sound team, something you don't see from Memphis schools all that often. It appears that their coach does things right. Add skill to the athleticism and you have a pretty spunky team. Given that they are on the opposite side of the bracket from Austin East, Hillcrest has a good shot at getting to the Championship game.

Hopefully a game between Jackson Northside and Hillcrest looms in the not-so-distant future.

Maybe at least one of these teams will bring back the gold.

Thank you. North Side didn't receive much respect going into the regionals, but it seems like we have made a believer out of some people now. I will say that OC was a very good team, hard to believe they lost 12? games.