district 9a

Moose3898

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets see:

Eagleville looses 2 key big men, they have alot of good players in the wings, but I don't know if they can come with the same game without Shanks and Aldaffer. I guess they drop a notch or two for one year, but I could be wrong because that coach always seems to have another trick in the bag.

Forrest has 2 sophmore guards that should see more time as juniors and they are both real good, that, I think, will be an improvement. I am not sure if they can replace their forwards though; if not that will hurt. It will still be the Shankle and friends show. Overall team speed and athleticism probably the same and the same O and D sets. If the new forwards work out they are stronger, if not they fall a place or two.

VB was new to us this year so this is a loose guess. Loosing Plemons has to hurt, he was much of their speed, defense and scoring. The little I saw of their bench it showed little to fire the imagination. Probably no better than this year, which was actually pretty darn good...VB what do you say?

Cascade will be even stronger because their big man will be real tough to handle the next 2 years. Other than that they stay the same. They should gain a notch just on the Center maturing.

I think MTCS will be the same team we saw this year with a new face or two, but not a different capacity.

This is the big turn year for Community. The coach played a gamble, that on balance worked about as well as he predicted for the year. I am inclined to think he can pull this off. Like Cascade, if our Soph big man developes as a junior we win a bunch of games. Our PF and PG really developed well this year and will be a matchup problem for everyone at both ends. Norris is always tough to handle, he struggled a bit transitioning from post to Sf but it still takes 2 or 3 people to stop him from scoring. When he settles into the sf role he will be a force. Our Sg needs more sets that give him looks, and he will get them next year, and shoot the lights out. I say 3d for sure, with 2d as an outside chance.

Boyd will be Boyd

:thumb:

Well, lets see:

Eagleville looses 2 key big men, they have alot of good players in the wings, but I don't know if they can come with the same game without Shanks and Aldaffer. I guess they drop a notch or two for one year, but I could be wrong because that coach always seems to have another trick in the bag.

Forrest has 2 sophmore guards that should see more time as juniors and they are both real good, that, I think, will be an improvement. I am not sure if they can replace their forwards though; if not that will hurt. It will still be the Shankle and friends show. Overall team speed and athleticism probably the same and the same O and D sets. If the new forwards work out they are stronger, if not they fall a place or two.

VB was new to us this year so this is a loose guess. Loosing Plemons has to hurt, he was much of their speed, defense and scoring. The little I saw of their bench it showed little to fire the imagination. Probably no better than this year, which was actually pretty darn good...VB what do you say?

Cascade will be even stronger because their big man will be real tough to handle the next 2 years. Other than that they stay the same. They should gain a notch just on the Center maturing.

I think MTCS will be the same team we saw this year with a new face or two, but not a different capacity.

This is the big turn year for Community. The coach played a gamble, that on balance worked about as well as he predicted for the year. I am inclined to think he can pull this off. Like Cascade, if our Soph big man developes as a junior we win a bunch of games. Our PF and PG really developed well this year and will be a matchup problem for everyone at both ends. Norris is always tough to handle, he struggled a bit transitioning from post to Sf but it still takes 2 or 3 people to stop him from scoring. When he settles into the sf role he will be a force. Our Sg needs more sets that give him looks, and he will get them next year, and shoot the lights out. I say 3d for sure, with 2d as an outside chance.

Boyd will be Boyd

:D

yeah boyd will be boyd i think boyd could have some potential if they had a coache with a positive attitude because by the end of halph time their coaches just go out there and are like hey we lost just go out there and have fun no dont just go out there.... Go out their with some confidence and a positive attitude i would really like to see boyd win some games next year :thumb:

Boyd only started 2 basketball players. At the varsity level you need 5 a few good subs and some role players. It seems they picked 2 bballers and filled out with the biggest kids they could get to come out. That kind of thing can work out in middle school or even Freshman/JV ball, but not varsity. Those big guys could be good role players but can't hang for 32 minutes. Until they put 5 players on the court consistently they are not going anywhere.

Don't mean to sound harsh; I would guess they have the kids who can get it done in the school, but they need to rethink player selection. They seem like a nice bunch of boys. But that is how I see it. We all would like to see them be more competitive.

Cascade has to be the favorite because they lose no one.

Forrest and VB have to be the favorites for 2nd. Forrest will have to replace minor and ezell which will be tough but in a program like theirs it will be done. VB will be better next year than this. We will lose 3 seniors that have been huge to the development of the program, but there are others who will step in. Last year we lost 3 senior starters one of which was ranked in the top 6 in the state in A ball by gomab and ranked #1 at his showcase. Still we made the adjustments, worked hard and were a better team. This year will be no different.

Eagleville & MTCS will battle it out for 4th with the eagles having to have the advantage.

Community will be a solid #6 with a sweep of Boyd and one possible upset of either eagleville or MTCS but that will be it.

When it's all said and done look for the same 4 to represent in the region with a much better showing at cascade than we had in clarksville.

Forrest and VB have to be the favorites for 2nd. Forrest will have to replace minor and ezell which will be tough but in a program like theirs it will be done. VB will be better next year than this. We will lose 3 seniors that have been huge to the development of the program, but there are others who will step in. Last year we lost 3 senior starters one of which was ranked in the top 6 in the state in A ball by gomab and ranked #1 at his showcase. Still we made the adjustments, worked hard and were a better team. This year will be no different.

Eagleville & MTCS will battle it out for 4th with the eagles having to have the advantage.

Community will be a solid #6 with a sweep of Boyd and one possible upset of either eagleville or MTCS but that will be it.

When it's all said and done look for the same 4 to represent in the region with a much better showing at cascade than we had in clarksville.

exactly Cascade can only grow stronger not weaker then Forrest and VB for second but i think Community may have some upsets up their sleeves for everyone else this next go around :blink:

Edited by Moose3898

The only think I agree with in there is that Cascade will certainly be stong next year. Still think they will have some limitations and by no means will they run away with the district.

The only think I agree with in there is that Cascade will certainly be stong next year. Still think they will have some limitations and by no means will they run away with the district.

Ditto that, Cascade should be stronger in the upcoming season but until somebody unseats them Eagleville has to be considered the favorite with Forrest second. Shankle is indeed the man in the district. Cascade will also have to deal with the pressure of having the district tournament at their place and maybe the region and that can mess with teams that are not used to that kind of expectations.

Ditto that, Cascade should be stronger in the upcoming season but until somebody unseats them Eagleville has to be considered the favorite with Forrest second. Shankle is indeed the man in the district. Cascade will also have to deal with the pressure of having the district tournament at their place and maybe the region and that can mess with teams that are not used to that kind of expectations.

no no no i totally disagree i look for cascade to be one of the top favorites even as a van buren eagle fan i still cheered for cascade well......when we wasnt playing them at least.....then it would be between forrest and van buren for second then eagleville and possibly community for third i look for community to have a much stronger team this year and then mtcs would fall under either number 5 or 6 and then of course we have boyd saving the best for last...!! :thumb:

Edited by Moose3898

I agree Cascade will be at the top of the district. But, a few teams will be up there just as good. I'm not sure why there is so much optmisim with Van Buren. Van Buren had key loss and don't look at add much. They didn't have any guards off the bench contribute much, definately not enough to pick up the slack of Plemmons. Forest will still be strong with Shankle. But, Minor might be more of a loss than most expect. Especially on defense and rebounding. Eagleville will be very stong again. Great guard play. Cascade, Forest, and Eagleville will finish in the top 3 spots. Van Burne will battle Community for 4th. MTCS will beat Boyd out again. And, Boyd will again got winless int he district.

I agree Cascade will be at the top of the district. But, a few teams will be up there just as good. I'm not sure why there is so much optmisim with Van Buren. Van Buren had key loss and don't look at add much. They didn't have any guards off the bench contribute much, definately not enough to pick up the slack of Plemmons. Forest will still be strong with Shankle. But, Minor might be more of a loss than most expect. Especially on defense and rebounding. Eagleville will be very stong again. Great guard play. Cascade, Forest, and Eagleville will finish in the top 3 spots. Van Burne will battle Community for 4th. MTCS will beat Boyd out again. And, Boyd will again got winless int he district.

WE LOST 3 SENIOR STARTERS THIS PAST YEAR ONE OF WHICH WAS A 6'4 SHOOING/POINT GUARD WHO LEAD THE TEAM IN 3'S AND DUNKED ON EVERYONE. Ask gomab how good he was. We still finished with 21 wins. Will we miss this seniors, sure. But we have players waiting in the wings not to mention we started 2 sophomores who were all district!!! Our smallest starter could be 6'3 next year. That is why we are optimistic.

Cascade is the early favorite, but forrest, VB, and possibly eagleville will make pushes. Eagleville has more work to do than anyone replacing shanks, aldaffer, and steagall.

Here's my question to you hero: do you think our losses and the improvements your kids will make this summer will overcome the losses this year? I mean this in no way deragotarily. If so, how? Do you think our kids will not work just as hard as yours to improve? Do you think your younger players are that much better than ours?

You guys have great kids and a classy coach, I just don't think you will be able to compete next year. In 2 years maybe? Just my opinion and hey everyone has one, right? If i'm wrong, I'll say so.

Edited by vanbureneagle