Hume Fogg @Liberty

lilromane

Haha, I don't think you've seen Liberty play. I wouldn't say that they lack defense at all. Giles County is nowhere near the league of a Bolivar or Liberty this year. Just wait and see man, I don't believe Liberty has anything to worry about in this game.

But he (PGwithnoPT) does have a point about:

"You can't compare two teams off of one common team that they played".

Most of us have seen that over here this year at one time or another.

But as for the rest of the above points...I agree w/ you on those.

I could be surprised...but if Hume-Fogg matches up and beats Liberty, I sure would be surprised.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't compare two teams off of one common team that they played. First off Liberty and Hume Fogg plays two different styles of basketball. liberty is like all the other west tn teams that lact defense and are into the high scoring 80-90s in games. Same goes with Bolivar. Lipscomb and Hume Fogg on the other hand slow the games down with defense and make you beat them in the half court. And just for the note, Gile County was the number one seed in the other district and plays this same kind of basketball that Liberty plays. And Hume Fogg slowed the game down and look where Giles is now!!!!

Lack of defense? I hope you are at the game tomorrow because I think all the Middle TN teams think that and some have already found out we can play defense over here in the West. Cheatham County fans were saying to each other "Are they gunna let us even touch the ball?" Liberty's press is probably the best that Hume-Fogg have seen all year and come Monday they will know who the better team is.

well since i've read the replies to this topic i can now say a little more about the game on Monday...reading that this team Hume-Fogg is farely good, i see that liberty can run away with these guys and make a trip to murfreesboro...these boys will b making school history with this trip. These liberty boys are very athletic and they are some respectful boys also..they play good together and their bench is deep with athleticism. Now looking at Hume-Fogg's record...they are an ok team..now im not gonna say that they dont have the capability to beat liberty im jus saying that i dont see it happening but its possible.....sum ppl said that liberty wouldnt beat bolivar n see wat happened? anything is possible but i dont think hume-fogg winning tomorrow night is possible. now if evans, jones, sampson, n the long twins come out strong tomorrow nite then i see a blow out on the way...if the bench come out strong like sain, b.jones, and the others..i see liberty goin to state next week..im just lookin for a good game on tomorrow nite..i just hope when i go i get my money's worth. now all these people that are talkin bout west tn's defense..we have sum crucial defense over here....have yall not seen liberty's press....its a killer...dont see many ppl breakin their press...their press is so crucial that they score big points off of it...if hume-fogg can break it then it must b something...well i hope liberty wins tomorrow...GO CRUSADERS!!!

I've never heard of Hume Fogg until now. Who are their key players? What style of game do they play? How do they match up against Liberty and what are everybody's predictions?

Ok here ya go.

I only know their numbers, and a few names.

#12 - short PG, quick, can penetrate

#10 - Zach Woods - shooter

#22 - can drive sometimes (?)

#42 - stocky post player

#20 - solid PG/forward

#14 - Todd Zimmerman - I've seen this kid score 15+ points one night and a few nights later he scores a few points . Who knows .

That's all I can remember.

They are a team of runs. If you let them get going, you'll be surprised at how quick the score can turn over in their favor. They can't play hard and solid the whole game, they have their moments where they are really good, and other times it's like "what is going on?". So basically, if Liberty just keeps them from getting hot, they should have no problem whatsoever. They aren't a good-shooting team except for Woods. I don't know if Liberty has any big guys, but Hume-Fogg doesn't really have any size either. The way the compensate for that is throwing out multiple defensive looks at you. Against DL in the Region Championship they probably played 5 or 6 (maybe more) different defenses including 1-3-1, 1-3-1 trap, man, 2-3 zone, full court press/trap ... so on so forth.

I think Liberty beats them soundly. But who knows, if Hume-Fogg gets hot, it's tough to stop them.

Edited by GoBama

Ok here ya go.

I only know their numbers, and a few names.

#12 - short PG, quick, can penetrate

#10 - Zach Woods - shooter

#22 - can drive sometimes (?)

#42 - stocky post player

#20 - solid PG/forward

#14 - Todd Zimmerman - I've seen this kid score 15+ points one night and a few nights later he scores a few points . Who knows .

That's all I can remember.

They are a team of runs. If you let them get going, you'll be surprised at how quick the score can turn over in their favor. They can't play hard and solid the whole game, they have their moments where they are really good, and other times it's like "what is going on?". So basically, if Liberty just keeps them from getting hot, they should have no problem whatsoever. They aren't a good-shooting team except for Woods. I don't know if Liberty has any big guys, but Hume-Fogg doesn't really have any size either. The way the compensate for that is throwing out multiple defensive looks at you. Against DL in the Region Championship they probably played 5 or 6 (maybe more) different defenses including 1-3-1, 1-3-1 trap, man, 2-3 zone, full court press/trap ... so on so forth.

I think Liberty beats them soundly. But who knows, if Hume-Fogg gets hot, it's tought to stop them.

thanks for that, it took like 10 replies to finally get it, but thank you. From what i see i can predict

Liberty 86

Hume Fogg 60