A Support Group for "Early Exits"

FieldGoal

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter (player) is already talking about next year but I like you am not ready to wait an entire 365 days for another state championship, so I am supporting our AAU friends in their championships and title quests. It relieved SOME pain but not like really competeing for the big gold ball. All I can say is AAU can't come to quick!

My daughter (player) is already talking about next year but I like you am not ready to wait an entire 365 days for another state championship, so I am supporting our AAU friends in their championships and title quests. It relieved SOME pain but not like really competeing for the big gold ball. All I can say is AAU can't come to quick!

I agree with you.....AAU starts this weekend for us and I can't wait..... ;)

;) We (Cumberland Co.) just got put out on Saturday and the dissapointment is tough. With the new school opening and still a lot TBD, we are dealing with dashed hopes for this year and apprehension about next year. I'm still proud of our team, the 30 wins, AP and CoachT rankings, too many exciting games, CoachT addictions, seeing fans at games that haven't been there in years, etc.. I'm just trying to figure out if gradual recession is the best way or going "cold turkey". What's it going to be like when your kid plays that last game as a senior? My heart goes out to ya. This year has been a great ride and I'm sure my employer will appreciate a renewed focus on my job after a couple weeks to recoup. Great topic for us that were sooo close. (lost by one in region championship) Best of luck to all Lady Jet Players and thanks for the entertainment. :(

"What's it going to be like when your kid plays that last game as a senior? My heart goes out to ya."

I can tell you it is VERY tough, especially if your child is not going to play in college and is also your youngest. We started this year with our eyes on the "Gold Ball" and had that dream taken away in a region semi-final game. I wasn't able to watch the Lady Vols this past weekend because it was just to painful! I am not only going to miss seeing my daughter in blue and orange, but I will miss the wondedrful friends. I know that I will continue to support our team in the future, but it will never be the same. I guess it is a good thing we "b-ballaholics" have Coacht because the rest of the "normal" world would never understand. LOL

;) We (Cumberland Co.) just got put out on Saturday and the dissapointment is tough. With the new school opening and still a lot TBD, we are dealing with dashed hopes for this year and apprehension about next year. I'm still proud of our team, the 30 wins, AP and CoachT rankings, too many exciting games, CoachT addictions, seeing fans at games that haven't been there in years, etc.. I'm just trying to figure out if gradual recession is the best way or going "cold turkey". What's it going to be like when your kid plays that last game as a senior? My heart goes out to ya. This year has been a great ride and I'm sure my employer will appreciate a renewed focus on my job after a couple weeks to recoup. Great topic for us that were sooo close. (lost by one in region championship) Best of luck to all Lady Jet Players and thanks for the entertainment. ;)

I second that post.

I saw this quote today, maybe it will inspire the early exiters.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." (Michael Jordan)