Livingston Academy at McMinn Central

swipper

Who would have thunk it ??......Central hits 2 fould shots at the end to win (AT Central).....Did they shoot 50 tonight ??

It did not end with 2 fouls shots but with a layup that drew a foul. Lambert made the free throw giving Central a 2 point win. Livingston missed an easy shot at the end that could have sent the game into overtime. Central certainly did not get favors from the refs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS CHARGERETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all are so proud of you young ladies!! That was some excitement huh? We all believe you can win State this year so go out there and prove what kind of athletes little ol' Etowah has. And to those who said it couldn't be done..... :thumb: We love you guys!!!

Exactly how many of those players are from little ol' Etowah ??......

Let's see:

Katie Morgan

Kylie Lambert

Jeryn Davis

Katie Hearn

Gabby Jordan

Kaitlyn Bivens

Casey Osborne

Mindy Rayburn

Those are for sure. I'm not sure which of the others are from Englewood. Seven of the above eight went to Mt. View Elementary, and I watched them play there before they came to Central. Two or three are from across the county.

Starting point guard Blevins went to Calhoun.

One or two of the other girls went to Etowah City school I heard.

Central assistant Coach Young once taught at Calhoun, so there is the connection to Blevins. She (or her dad) wanted her to play for Young. I think McCaslin might have played for Etowah City. I think her mom is from Etowah.

Well, thats where they go to school and we are talking about Girls higSCHOOL basketball. I don't understand why you people insist on making such a stink over these freshman deciding to attend Central, we have 2 high schools to choose from and evidently these girls chose the right one! What does it matter where they live in McMinn county?

CONGRATULATIONS CHARGERETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all are so proud of you young ladies!! That was some excitement huh? We all believe you can win State this year so go out there and prove what kind of athletes little ol' Etowah has. And to those who said it couldn't be done..... :thumb: We love you guys!!!

I never would have thought Central would have won district, region, or sub-state this year...the best I thought for them was first round of the region...and now they have a serious shot at a state title??? This team is scary...they WILL have a Gold Ball by Kylie's senior year...might have a couple...

That won't never happen, keep dreamin :lol:

My first problem is you are using a double-negative...somebody didn't pay attention in English Class...secondly, these girls weren't even predicted to win District or Region, much less a Sectional Title...and you are going to rain on their parade...but its aight, they got a shot at the state title...Hillcrest hasn't played anybody, thats probably why they are 27-3...Seymour isn't all that great, Central can beat them...and Austin-East...I think Central can get them...

I never would have thought Central would have won district, region, or sub-state this year...the best I thought for them was first round of the region...and now they have a serious shot at a state title??? This team is scary...they WILL have a Gold Ball by Kylie's senior year...might have a couple...

My first problem is you are using a double-negative...somebody didn't pay attention in English Class...secondly, these girls weren't even predicted to win District or Region, much less a Sectional Title...and you are going to rain on their parade...but its aight, they got a shot at the state title...Hillcrest hasn't played anybody, thats probably why they are 27-3...Seymour isn't all that great, Central can beat them...and Austin-East...I think Central can get them...

Seymour and Austin-East are both very good teams!

Seymour has an inside/outside game than can be lethal. What can I say about the Lady Roadrunners, last year's state runner-ups? This team may be even better than last years team. The team returns four starters from last year's team and can bring at least five off the bench and keep going strong.

Pay no attention to the loss at Brainerd. That game was not even indicative of how good this team is (in fact, we beat Brainerd by 17 in December). Actually the loss may have been a blessing in disguise!!!

Who would have thunk it ??......Central hits 2 fould shots at the end to win (AT Central).....Did they shoot 50 tonight ??

I love the positive comments. The ladies played their hearts out and did a great job. Yes there were alot of fouls, but I believe that Central had more players foul out then Livingston. I also believe that the ladies have not been given anything. They have worked, sweated, and bled to be were they are. You can't take anything away from what they have accomplished by taking shots at them. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are going to state. Which leads me to ask you a question, AADrules. What team did your school play in Sub-state last night? :thumb:

McMinn Central[/url] Maniac' post='825974207' date='Mar 4 2006 - 11:28 PM']

Central assistant Coach Young once taught at Calhoun, so there is the connection to Blevins. She (or her dad) wanted her to play for Young. I think McCaslin might have played for Etowah City. I think her mom is from Etowah.

The decision for Katie B to attend Central was common knowledge her seventh grade year before Joe Young ever taught or was thought about at Calhoun. It was not a decision against any coaching staff or faculty of McMinn, it was just her parents desire to have their child attend a smaller school vs a much larger one, a decision that has never been regretted.

As far as the refs, everything is always going to be subjective. I thought a couple of fouls against Katie B were incorrect, but as aggressive as she plays she had some that did not get whistled, so it usually evens out. I thought especially the lady ref was consistent, she appeared to call tighter than the two men, but I thought she especially did a good job.

I am proud of this group of girls that many have never give a chance for this year's success. I feel this is going to be a regular trip for Coach Morgan & Young for the next few years as basically this young team continues to improve.

Livingston A. is a great team. Number 10 (?) is fantastic. What a night she had bringing her team back into contention the last half. She basically took control of the momentum of the game. I hope she remembers the great things she did in the game, not the loss at the end.