Hillsboro BEAT Smyrna

CoachT

i was at the game as well.. smyrna just got out played, out coached, and out hussled.. i believe they were over looking hillsboro and it showed.. that being said congrats on a great season.. and i wish they luck next year.. next year Emily Pollock will be running the show so get ready.. she is really quick with the ball

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the game as well.. smyrna just got out played, out coached, and out hussled.. i believe they were over looking hillsboro and it showed.. that being said congrats on a great season.. and i wish they luck next year.. next year Emily Pollock will be running the show so get ready.. she is really quick with the ball

District 9 has some very good teams in fact excellent. Too much hype over the fact seemed to make everyone invincable which is not and was not the case. Teams and make up of teams change. It is very difficult to know what will happen at the end of the year. One thing is for sure, the best team always wins no matter whether that is the case or not because what was factored in the results was that it was the best team at that time. Nothing will change that. Players during the season get better but at the end, if they started as freshman or sophmores and they got better as the year wwnt on, they are still young players and still make mistakes. That's the way sports are. Congrats to Smyrna for a great season. May not have been the case but sure sounds they were too ready to play and put themselves in a bad situation. Scoring shows someone had a great plan and did a great job of coaching. Best of luck Hillsboro.

The better team did not win tonight. Smyrna played absolutely terribly most of the game. They couldn't execute their offense or make any key stops. I'll give Hillsboro credit. They came to play tonight and they walked away with the win. Smyrna was not ready to play and it showed the entire game not including their 14-4 run to end the 1st half. I'm very disapointed with the way they played. Needless to say, congradulations on a great season by the Lady Bulldogs and good luck to Hillsboro at state. This isn't just March Madness for college basketball but for high school ball as well.

Then from your explanation "I think the better team DID win" Jessica Mooney is no joke and she deserved going to state a lot more than 'one hit wonder' Smyrna ever did. She is a great player and has a great team GoodLuck to them

Then from your explanation "I think the better team DID win" Jessica Mooney is no joke and she deserved going to state a lot more than 'one hit wonder' Smyrna ever did. She is a great player and has a great team GoodLuck to them

well i disagree.. smyrna deserved to go to state just as much as hillsboro did.. they worked just as hard in the off season and put in the same amount of hours.. to say something like that is stupid.. i know a lot of girls on smyrna's team and trust me they deserved it.. from your post you say just because jessica mooney is good she deserves to go to state?? well smyrna has two people that signed D1 as well so i guess they deserved to go to state too..

Let me start out by saying congrats to all the teams that made it to substate. I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but there are a lot of teams who wished they could get out of the district.

Like I said before, I thought Hillsboro matched up well against Smyrna. Here's why. Smyrna can be erractic and undisciplined at the guard postion if you put some pressure on them. Oliver is a nice player, but sometimes tries to do too much. Compare that to say Mt. Juliet from last year who was patient and disciplined at the guard and you can see a big difference. If you can handle the initial pressure against Hillsboro, you can beat them. Now I wasn't at the game last night, but it sounded in the paper like the Burros pressed worked.

I am really happy for Mooney. Those people in Metro and those on the AAU circuit know how special she is. Now she is going to be on a stage where all of those who didn't vote for her to be Miss Basketball can see the mistake they might have made. I still go back and forth abou t if she or Tiana Burns is the best player to ever come out of a Nashville.

I know this isn't the thread, but I would also say that I think many Wilson Central fans might have been surprised at the fact they didn't win by 30. Whites Creek is a nice team that I am glad Wilson Central didn't overlook. Next year will be a down year in Metro, but the gap between region 5 and 6 isn't as great as it has been.

Let me start out by saying congrats to all the teams that made it to substate. I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but there are a lot of teams who wished they could get out of the district.

Like I said before, I thought Hillsboro matched up well against Smyrna. Here's why. Smyrna can be erractic and undisciplined at the guard postion if you put some pressure on them. Oliver is a nice player, but sometimes tries to do too much. Compare that to say Mt. Juliet from last year who was patient and disciplined at the guard and you can see a big difference. If you can handle the initial pressure against Hillsboro, you can beat them. Now I wasn't at the game last night, but it sounded in the paper like the Burros pressed worked.

I am really happy for Mooney. Those people in Metro and those on the AAU circuit know how special she is. Now she is going to be on a stage where all of those who didn't vote for her to be Miss Basketball can see the mistake they might have made. I still go back and forth abou t if she or Tiana Burns is the best player to ever come out of a Nashville.

I know this isn't the thread, but I would also say that I think many Wilson Central fans might have been surprised at the fact they didn't win by 30. Whites Creek is a nice team that I am glad Wilson Central didn't overlook. Next year will be a down year in Metro, but the gap between region 5 and 6 isn't as great as it has been.

She is a very good player....she will do very well at the next level.

congratulations to hillsboro

they beat Smyrna like a rented mule

(i said earler smyrna would beta them like a rented mule)

hilsboro beat smyrna in every phase of the game period

as for smyrna playing a bad game --- give credit to hillsboro they were more physical and would not let smyrna get there offense going especially on the post defense where they were just more physical.

congratulations smyrna girls I have enjoyed every minute of your great season.

and you are all class acts, it certainly made the time between football seasons seem shorter!

congratulations to hillsboro

they beat Smyrna like a rented mule

(i said earler smyrna would beta them like a rented mule)

hilsboro beat smyrna in every phase of the game period

as for smyrna playing a bad game --- give credit to hillsboro they were more physical and would not let smyrna get there offense going especially on the post defense where they were just more physical.

congratulations smyrna girls I have enjoyed every minute of your great season.

and you are all class acts, it certainly made the time between football seasons seem shorter!

Good post. Smyrna had a great yr.