BEST DAY TO BE IN 'BORO

jamieroper

Summertown VS. Jackson County

I agree that Summertown wouldn't be held to 19 points... But they aren't going to hold Jackson County to 40 points either. This will be a good game, but JC wins with thier point guard or without. JC makes it a half court game and is the best half court team left. I give Summertown credit. Just hope JC plays with heart like they did in regional! :thumb:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there jamieroper...are your Richland girls going to come to our team camp at Red Boiling Springs again this summer? If you do, I look for it to be bigger and better than in years past. I think that when you manage to put yourself in a good position to be a state contender then better competition will come. I hope that is the case with the camp this year.

I believe we will be there. Our coach says that he believes it is the best camp for the money. Nothing to distract the girls. Just basketball. The JV playing in the barn was not great but the main gym is great. We were told that the seniors decide where we go but I believe the coach decides. If the seniors did have a say, I would talk them into going to Florida State. That way we would be near the beach. Ha.

We came up there last summer and then went to Tennessee Tech. There we got to play teams from all over too. I know we played Clay County a couple of times. Upperman was there I think. Cookeville hosted numerous games at there gym. The only problem there was we never played on the main floor at Cookeville HS. We were in the attic everytime. I think we played the main floor at Tech once. That was probably only because Tech is looking at a couple of our girls. The food at Tech was really good. One of the sexiest fat men alive like myself can find some good food.

The area at RBS is really nice. If people only realized how they could come to the camp and stay in one of the 1900s hotels that are peacefull and relaxing, more families would come watch their kids play. The rates are cheap. Now do not get me wrong, don't look for no exercise room or hottub. Just a bed, shower, and lots of shade trees to read and sit under. And if you play horseshoes, The donoho hotel has your game. The people were really nice too.

Good luck Wednesday. Do not underestimate Forrest. They have improved allot. :thumb:

Jackson Countys not gonna lose to summertown...cmon...and in a later post you said you dont know much about them..have you even looked at their schedule?hmm wins over all kinds of class A powers..wins over AA teams,including Livingston Academy who was in the AA sectional this weekend,and a huge win over cumberland co who lost to shelbyville in the AAA sectional this weekend..think about it bud! :thumb:

I know allot about Summertown, but I have never seen Jackson county play. If I stated that wrong then my bad. But by the posts on here, we should just go ahead and give the girl's basketball team at Jackson County the state title for the next 250 years and everyone else can play for second. After second is decided, then that team can be placed in chairs sitting down and the JC Team can walk around them telling them how great Jackson County is and how they are second rate losers.

Or just maybe the ladies of the Jackson County basketball team have class and it is just a FEW FANS that are the arrogant dummies. If that is the case, we will let the fans walk around the second place team and tell them how they are second rate losers.

You are right. Summertown has no chance against the almighty Jackson BYGOD County. Neither does anyone else. We have to petition the state to retire Jackson County as the best ever and totally unbeatable. Then they rest of us may have a chance.

Please note; I said "a few fans". Not all. So don't everyone gets your g-string in a bind.

Edited by jamieroper

I agree that Summertown wouldn't be held to 19 points... But they aren't going to hold Jackson County to 40 points either. This will be a good game, but JC wins with thier point guard or without. JC makes it a half court game and is the best half court team left. I give Summertown credit. Just hope JC plays with heart like they did in regional! :thumb:

If Summertown lets you make it a half court game!!!!! :D

Jamieroper, I used to like you, and I pulled for your team to win in substate. But if all you have to do is hate on Jackson County, then just keep it to yourself.

Not hating on Jackson County, just trying to say to a few, not you, that a little humility is an asset.

And some people forget, most teams would love to have the tradition that Jackson County has. They are always good. And I like the fact that they have great fans that like to promote their team. But sometimes people forget, or don't want to remember this;

When you are the best, you do not have to tell a soul. Everyone will tell you. :thumb:

I do go overboard with my talk about Richland. It is mostly in Jest and we can only hope to get to the level that JC is on at some point in the future. But some, not all, Jackson County fans really believe that that team is the best every, can never be touched, and everyone else should just shut up and go away. They make it easy to pull against Jackson County.

I will see them for the first time Wednesday. I wish them well and will be able to say after wednesday if they really are that much better than every other team in Tennessee.

I am sorry if you believe I am hating on your team. I am sure everything them girls have they have earned it with hard work and determination. Good luck. :D

Jamieroper, I used to like you, and I pulled for your team to win in substate. But if all you have to do is hate on Jackson County, then just keep it to yourself.

Hey Bob, can I sing "why can't we be friends" to you? Just trying to make a joke. Good luck this next week. :D

Your forgiven, I promise you this group of ladies are very talented, and deserve every bit of praise they get. They are by no means unbeatable, but they have only lost one game to a single A team all year, and they have played the most dificult schedule in A ball. They are battle tested and talented enough to win it all. With Summertown's loss of point guard, I like their chances.

Edited by bob77

Your forgiven, I promise you this group of ladies are very talented, and deserve every bit of praise they get. They are by no means unbeatable, but they have only lost one game to a single A team all year, and they have played the most dificult schedule in A ball. They are battle tested and talented enough to win it all. With Summertown's loss of point guard, I like their chances.

I like their chance with Summertown at full strength. But Summertown is good. I admire your humility.

I admire a coach that schedules the best teams around. If I ever coach a high school team, I will not care if I go .500 or .900 in the regular season, as long as I am playing the very best teams around. That way, come tournament time, my team will be ready. Some forget it is a marathon, not a splint. It is how you finish, not how you start. And with an attitude of not caring if you are .500 or .900 in the regular season, if you are a good coach, and playing the best teams around, you will end up most years with a .900 winning percentage because your team will become that good.

Just so happens, JC is good enough to schedule the best around and still come out with close to a .900 winning percentage. It should be a crime. :thumb:

Saturday championship

Jackson Co over RBS 14-13 as RBS misses the 2 pt. conversion while going for the win instead of kicking the extra for the tie and sending the game to overtime. :(

They would be lucky to score that much in football B)

But I promise you that they will get a taste of defense that they have not seen this year, whether you play JC or RBS. They will be playing game #5, and it will be a defensive battle. :(