AA Elite 8

juice00

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybodys got about the same elite 8.

So, I'm going to just put my finals picks out there....

Bolivar vs. Liberty.

I've said it all year long and I'm not going to change now. Good Luck to both teams. Sorry baseballa28 but I think Bolivar wins the last 1 of the year.

same here my friend same here

Bolivar vs. Liberty.

I've said it all year long and I'm not going to change now. Good Luck to both teams. Sorry baseballa28 but I think Bolivar wins the last 1 of the year.

I agee. But it'll be a tough game no matter what.

I don't know why they kinda imploded the other night, but I just can't see those BCHS Seniors going out on a downer...but a little bidness to handle tomorrow nite first!

If they get to the Finals I believe the entire team will step it up and give the big guys more help. Rudesill has actually been able to get them a good deal of playing time this year...maybe this will help too.

If they both get there...Bolivar defeats Liberty in a VERY tight game. NO matter what...the Crusaders will be loaded next year.

Guest catfish-hunter

Bolivar vs. Liberty.

If that's the championship then I'll refuse to pick a winner. Why???? Everytime Bolivar and Liberty have played this year (FOUR TIMES) I have missed the prediction on all of the games. I picked Liberty the first three times because I thought that they were due but Bolivar always came through in the clutch. I picked Bolivar last week because of what they did to a good Sycamore team (that had beaten Harpeth twice, Lexington, and JCM on the year) beating them by 33-POINTS. Liberty finally got the best of the defending two time champs after getting embarrassed by them the previous week.

BTW PrepFanatic, you've got this basketball thing on "lock down" :thumb:

I have a really hard time believing Goodpasture will make it as far as everyone is picking them. From what I've seen this year, all they have is CJ Davis. They have size, but they didn't really seem to be able to use it against David Lipscomb (and it's not like DL has Brock and Mayes down low again this year ...). If Brainerd (or whoever it is GP plays) can stop Davis from shooting his 15-footers from the baseline, they should win. And I'm not just saying that because I go to DL ...

And hopefully no one will be surprised if DL knocks off Bolivar tomorrow night ...

GO MUSTANGS

Buchanan for Goodpasture had 44 points in the region semi final game. Frey had 37 against Greenbrier in the district semi final.......

They have more than Davis.......

I have a really hard time believing Goodpasture will make it as far as everyone is picking them. From what I've seen this year, all they have is CJ Davis. They have size, but they didn't really seem to be able to use it against David Lipscomb (and it's not like DL has Brock and Mayes down low again this year ...). If Brainerd (or whoever it is GP plays) can stop Davis from shooting his 15-footers from the baseline, they should win. And I'm not just saying that because I go to DL ...

And hopefully no one will be surprised if DL knocks off Bolivar tomorrow night ...

GO MUSTANGS

id be surprised. hope it happens

I really love it when Mitchell are under dogs. Please continue to count us out. You are so correct it will be Bolivar and Liberty. If we win tonight I will tell our team to stay in Memphis and do not waste their time going to the "Boro".

Ha!

Galilee, I had typed that same line about BCHS the other day, but I took it back out!

The ones that play and coach aren't taking you guys for granted...or DL tonite either for that matter.

I just wanted it to be Lib. v Bolivar for rivalry reasons really.

But of course if you want to save some money and forfeit (if we meet), then that's ok. :(

As for the underdog thing...I hear ya. I always like to be the underdog.

If you read today's Jackson Sun (3/6), it seems as though we are now underdogs to Liberty.

Good.

Edited by firefulmer

Ha!

Galilee, I had typed that same line about BCHS the other day, but I took it back out!

The ones that play and coach aren't taking you guys for granted...or DL tonite either for that matter.

I just wanted it to be Lib. v Bolivar for rivalry reasons really.

But of course if you want to save some money and forfeit (if we meet), then that's ok. :P

As for the underdog thing...I hear ya. I always like to be the underdog.

If you read today's Jackson Sun (3/6), it seems as though we are now underdogs to Liberty.

Good.

Fulmer,

I cant believe that you said you feel as if though you are the underdogs to Liberty because of the Jackson Sun. The Jackson Sun acts like Bolivar is a part of Jackson. Bolivar gets front page coverage almost daily. Take today for instance, the picture of Willie Kemp is HUGE and look at the small pics of Liberty. We beat Bolivar earlier in the year and the Sun didnt run a story on it for two or three days.

Galilee, I feel you on the underdog thing too. It doesnt make a difference who we play or how many games we win, we never get mentioned as one of the great teams. Name me a program, besides the obivous Bolivar, around that has been to the substate five years in a row. Has won three of those and trying to win the fourth tonite. Has gone to state three years in a row and trying for four. Has beat teams such as Raleigh Egypt (went to Memphis and did that), Hillcrest when they had the Colorado signee, and Mitchell last year. Here we are again with four losses ( two to Liberty, one to Bolivar, and one to Union City). Arent those teams still playing right now. We did beat Union City and Bolivar this year too. But you dont hear the Haywood Tomcats mentioned on here much. LET'S GO HAYWOOD!!!