AA Elite 8

juice00

Fulmer,

I cant believe that you said you feel as if though you are the underdogs to Liberty because of the Jackson Sun. The Jackson Sun acts like Bolivar is a part of Jackson. Bolivar gets front page coverage almost daily. Take today for instance, the picture of Willie Kemp is HUGE and look at the small pics of Liberty. We beat Bolivar earlier in the year and the Sun didnt run a story on it for two or three days.

Galilee, I feel you on the underdog thing too. It doesnt make a difference who we play or how many games we win, we never get mentioned as one of the great teams. Name me a program, besides the obivous Bolivar, around that has been to the substate five years in a row. Has won three of those and trying to win the fourth tonite. Has gone to state three years in a row and trying for four. Has beat teams such as Raleigh Egypt (went to Memphis and did that), Hillcrest when they had the Colorado signee, and Mitchell last year. Here we are again with four losses ( two to Liberty, one to Bolivar, and one to Union City). Arent those teams still playing right now. We did beat Union City and Bolivar this year too. But you dont hear the Haywood Tomcats mentioned on here much. LET'S GO HAYWOOD!!!

Tomcatfan, I agree completely........FireFulmer, where in the world did you get the impression that the Jackson Sun thinks that Bolivar is the underdog to Liberty? I read the article and in no way does it imply that Liberty is better than Bolivar. It says Liberty finally beat you guys after 3 previous losses. It talked about how happy the Liberty players were to win that game. I didn't see anything that would lead people to believe that Bolivar is an underdog to Liberty now. Even if they were to imply something like that it really doesn't matter because we both know that the only way these two teams can meet again is in the state championship game. Good Luck

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulmer,

I cant believe that you said you feel as if though you are the underdogs to Liberty because of the Jackson Sun. The Jackson Sun acts like Bolivar is a part of Jackson. Bolivar gets front page coverage almost daily. Take today for instance, the picture of Willie Kemp is HUGE and look at the small pics of Liberty. We beat Bolivar earlier in the year and the Sun didnt run a story on it for two or three days.

Galilee, I feel you on the underdog thing too. It doesnt make a difference who we play or how many games we win, we never get mentioned as one of the great teams. Name me a program, besides the obivous Bolivar, around that has been to the substate five years in a row. Has won three of those and trying to win the fourth tonite. Has gone to state three years in a row and trying for four. Has beat teams such as Raleigh Egypt (went to Memphis and did that), Hillcrest when they had the Colorado signee, and Mitchell last year. Here we are again with four losses ( two to Liberty, one to Bolivar, and one to Union City). Arent those teams still playing right now. We did beat Union City and Bolivar this year too. But you dont hear the Haywood Tomcats mentioned on here much. LET'S GO HAYWOOD!!!

Tomcat-

I can't/won't argue that we get good coverage from the Sun. But, and I don't mean this in a smart** way, they have had a lot to write about the last couple of years. They've(the Sun) tried to annoint Liberty as champs before they've ever earned it. With the exception of one article. And they may earn it so I'm not knocking Lib. or the paper...just griping I guess!

Plus...I don't care if we are viewed as the underdog to Liberty. I give them total credit if they win it all. But even if they end up playing Bolivar (or whoever) they still have to go and get it. And they very well may.

But I'll stick with the Tigers. No big surprise there, right?

But I do believe it's an advantage many times to be viewed as the underdog. I always like it when the Vol football team is the underdog. I know--this is Basketball.

And I've posted several congrats to you guys this year! But now that I think about it...I can see where you'd get frustrated with it. I've got good reason to say that if Bolivar isn't there, then I sure want Haywood to be. Anything else I write is just speculating. Whatever is going to happen will happen anyway.

Edited by firefulmer

Tomcatfan, I agree completely........FireFulmer, where in the world did you get the impression that the Jackson Sun thinks that Bolivar is the underdog to Liberty? I read the article and in no way does it imply that Liberty is better than Bolivar. It says Liberty finally beat you guys after 3 previous losses. It talked about how happy the Liberty players were to win that game. I didn't see anything that would lead people to believe that Bolivar is an underdog to Liberty now. Even if they were to imply something like that it really doesn't matter because we both know that the only way these two teams can meet again is in the state championship game. Good Luck

I know.

Just my impression of the article. And I can't read it again 'cause Willie stole my sports page! Nah...I gave it to him.

Let 'em all play ball and have at it!!!

And let's all hope for clean, fair called games. The kind where the refs will just let them play.

I'm off until tomorrow. Good luck guys.

Edited by firefulmer

I know.

Just my impression of the article. And I can't read it again 'cause Willie stole my sports page! Nah...I gave it to him.

Let 'em all play ball and have at it!!!

And let's all hope for clean, fair called games. The kind where the refs will just let them play.

I'm off until tomorrow. Good luck guys.

Man fulmer, you are taking a lot of heat today. Better you than me! ;) Yeah, Willie and Wayne get a lot of press coverage. But, hey, it's not often that a team from west Tennessee has two recruits from top 12 college programs. I'm sure next year during football season that the linebackers from JCM and Huntingdon will get all the press coverage they want. That's just the way it is. Man, it feels good to be a Tiger. The cool thing is that no matter what happens tonight or next week, no one can take away what we have already accomplished. And trust me, we have accomplished a lot!