AA preseason rankings

l-tizzle8004

Lipscomb went on hot streak at the end of the year and against who? Garbage teams in one of the weakest state tournaments in years. Don't look at Lipscomb, look at the teams around them. CPA stinks the big one but they beat Lipscomb twice last year and now they are in the same district. But I expect Ezell-Harding to be the team to beat out of Lipscombs district. Especially, with Huff, Trumphour, and Bobo combination. Not to mention a second year coach who has turned their hitting prgram around drastically. There will be good games so hold on tight...

Exactly what I was trying to say earlier. Lipscomb did get hot at the right time, but they were not playing quality teams. Every winning program has some luck involved. I totally agree about the quality of last year's AA state tournament.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok great points guys. maybe lipscomb won because they had a lhp get drafted, another pitcher get a full ride, 1b to go to trevecca and lots of other offers. hey guys come on please put some more quality posts on here so i can evaluate your stupidity

wow this statement is one of the smartest ive read in a while. This kid probably got a perfect score on his ACT because he's the only one so far with any sense whatsoever

ok great points guys. maybe lipscomb won because they had a lhp get drafted, another pitcher get a full ride, 1b to go to trevecca and lots of other offers. hey guys come on please put some more quality posts on here so i can evaluate your stupidity

So one player doesn't make a team good at all, but obviously two players can win a state title. Everything isn't black and white, and everyone doesn't have to agree. I have continuously said Lipscomb is a quality team, but don't over do it. A person with puncuation like yours should think twice before throwing out the stupidity card! Seriously, why do you even use periods?

Exactly what I was trying to say earlier. Lipscomb did get hot at the right time, but they were not playing quality teams. Every winning program has some luck involved. I totally agree about the quality of last year's AA state tournament.

how can you brag about a state championship team winning, and your saying that there was no quality play in the AA state tournament. im pretty sure that if you make it to the state tournament you will play some of the best teams around. so bragging about your team winning state and then saying that their was no competition does not really sound good. props on winning state b/c yall had a GREAT team but i dont see where you say there were no quality teams in the state tournment.

how can you brag about a state championship team winning, and your saying that there was no quality play in the AA state tournament. im pretty sure that if you make it to the state tournament you will play some of the best teams around. so bragging about your team winning state and then saying that their was no competition does not really sound good. props on winning state b/c yall had a GREAT team but i dont see where you say there were no quality teams in the state tournment.

I did not say there weren't any quality teams in the state tournament last year. I agreed with another poster that the tournament was weaker than in years past. I am not supporting Lipscomb at all. If you read the previous posts you will find I'm doing just the opposite. When I said they didn't play quality teams, I meant in the latter part of the season. I know the state tournament is always a challenge. I simply said it was not as much of a challenge last year. I don't recall "bragging" about a state championship that I had nothing to do with.

USJ...

Moving up to 2A will have no effect on the winning tradition of USJ baseball.

The Bruins have been playing 2A teams for many years and winning.

I watched all the championship games last year, IMO they could

have beat Lipscomb and won the 2-A championship. They will

lose some games this year but it's the last game

they play that matters most....

my opinion on usj is that they are a very strong team but will struggle in the lose of power in their team last year. hopefully the team will not have to rely on just the arms of gant and nelson