White House @ McMinn Central

Normally I would agree, but you should realize that this is the last home game of his career, I got to see Central for the first time this year, but they looked great. White House certainly did not look like trash, they obviously aren't near as good as Central, but they could beat a lot of the AA teams in the state, and probably most of them in middle and east TN. Congrats on getting that far White House, and good luck to the Chargers, Beau had some nice dunks, 15 for McMinn had a decent dunk and #5 did dunk it, but Beau's were all better, he had another dunk coming in from left-side with left-hand and was gonna through it down hard but got fouled. White House had a lot of size compared to most AA teams over here, I don't know who all they got returning, but it was certainly about Beau tonight.

Im sorry, but I have to disagree...White House plays in one of the weakest regions in the state and they have a horrendous record...they could not beat most of the middle of east AA teams in the state...much less the west...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest night of the season for McMinn Central so far, advancing to the state, and your "trash" comments are what many on here reading this will remember. That takes away from the team's achievement, is that really what you want?

Normally I would agree, but you should realize that this is the last home game of his career, I got to see Central for the first time this year, but they looked great. White House certainly did not look like trash, they obviously aren't near as good as Central, but they could beat a lot of the AA teams in the state, and probably most of them in middle and east TN. Congrats on getting that far White House, and good luck to the Chargers, Beau had some nice dunks, 15 for McMinn had a decent dunk and #5 did dunk it, but Beau's were all better, he had another dunk coming in from left-side with left-hand and was gonna through it down hard but got fouled. White House had a lot of size compared to most AA teams over here, I don't know who all they got returning, but it was certainly about Beau tonight.

I do realize that, and I also realize there are players out there who would undercut a starting player out there dunking late with a 25 point lead.

Im sorry, but I have to disagree...White House plays in one of the weakest regions in the state and they have a horrendous record...they could not beat most of the middle of east AA teams in the state...much less the west...

Oh, I defintiely knew they could not beat AA in West TN, basketball is just at another level over there. It's insane. I didn't mean White House was especially talented just that I thought they could beat a lot of middle and east TN AA teams, largely just do to their size, Region 2 is very strong (largely due to District 3 with AE, Fulton, and Alcoa) but they many teams would lose because they simply do have size to match up with.

Yes, Heaven forbid you actually give "trash" a compliment. I thought you were right on it, from what I've seen and read about teams across the state, but for some anyone other than a likely state contender = trash. Poor attitude, and rather sad.

Sorry about the trash comment, too; but can I congratulate my Chargers. Awesome, and sorry I missed it. Can you guys tell me when they'll be playing? Also heard the ladies advanced to the Elite 8. I must say Coach Morgan is, and always has been, a deceptive dude. He is so good, but he hopes everybody thinks he's just a goofy guy. Anyway, when do the boys play? Roll Blue!!!

Sorry about the trash comment, too; but can I congratulate my Chargers. Awesome, and sorry I missed it. Can you guys tell me when they'll be playing? Also heard the ladies advanced to the Elite 8. I must say Coach Morgan is, and always has been, a deceptive dude. He is so good, but he hopes everybody thinks he's just a goofy guy. Anyway, when do the boys play? Roll Blue!!!

Thursday March 15 at 12:15 P.M. v.s. Alcoa

Tribe h8r, congrats! What will the Alcoa matchup be like? Any common opponents? Alcoa still an up and down the court team? Just wondering.

Beau Brown can esaily take this game over, but Alcoa is certainly athletic and has a hunger to win, they know what it is like from winning state championships in football and will be ready, I believe Rae Sykes and Dustin Lindsey will not be playing because of problems with thier arms, Brandon Warren was certainly the x-factor at Regions, hitting 2 buzzer beaters to keep them going (1 to tie AC sending it to OT where they won and one for the win against AE). He can flat out play, he should do well in the post but he is probably more of a team player than anyone else that consistantly contributes for Alcoa. Good luck to both teams I wish you could both advance, but clearly that won't happen, I think McMinn has the edge though. I look for McMinn to win by about 8 but Alcoa can turn the game around very quickly, had an 8 point swing in about 30 seconds. An impressive press that is ready to play with most guards around, but Beau is something special for around here plus there is Blake Derrick.

Beau Brown can esaily take this game over, but Alcoa is certainly athletic and has a hunger to win, they know what it is like from winning state championships in football and will be ready, I believe Rae Sykes and Dustin Lindsey will not be playing because of problems with thier arms, Brandon Warren was certainly the x-factor at Regions, hitting 2 buzzer beaters to keep them going (1 to tie AC sending it to OT where they won and one for the win against AE). He can flat out play, he should do well in the post but he is probably more of a team player than anyone else that consistantly contributes for Alcoa. Good luck to both teams I wish you could both advance, but clearly that won't happen, I think McMinn has the edge though. I look for McMinn to win by about 8 but Alcoa can turn the game around very quickly, had an 8 point swing in about 30 seconds. An impressive press that is ready to play with most guards around, but Beau is something special for around here plus there is Blake Derrick.

Thanks C-Red for the info. Which area are you closer to, Central or Alcoa? Just wondering.

Tribe h8r, congrats! What will the Alcoa matchup be like? Any common opponents? Alcoa still an up and down the court team? Just wondering.

Alcoa at the beginning of the year, I didn't think they would be that great...all I really know of that they have is Brandon Warren and he is just a big man...other then that, I don't really know what else they run...but I believe McMinn Central will win, one because they are a better all around team, and two, they will be seeking revenge since Alcoa ended their Title Run two years ago in the first round...then I see them playing Liberty in the second round and winning a very hard fought game, and then in the championship, I think they will play Mitchell and give them all they want and then eventually, Thad Young will take over the ball game and Mitchell will win the AA State Championship...Mitchell is the best AA team in the state in my oppinion...however, upsets happen...

Alcoa at the beginning of the year, I didn't think they would be that great...all I really know of that they have is Brandon Warren and he is just a big man...other then that, I don't really know what else they run...but I believe McMinn Central will win, one because they are a better all around team, and two, they will be seeking revenge since Alcoa ended their Title Run two years ago in the first round...then I see them playing Liberty in the second round and winning a very hard fought game, and then in the championship, I think they will play Mitchell and give them all they want and then eventually, Thad Young will take over the ball game and Mitchell will win the AA State Championship...Mitchell is the best AA team in the state in my oppinion...however, upsets happen...

upsets do happen but not over Liberty Tech pal, im sorry to say that but if Wayne Chism cant beat them, then trust me, Beau Brown WONT

good luck to all 8 teams