Union City VS Cloudland

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about the opening round on the boys side is that they've played in sub-state action a week ago and have over a week to prepare for the first opponent.

A bit of an advantage to the ladies you have to turn around and prepare in just a little over three days :lol:

UC/Cloudland matchup maybe the most interesting of the 1A boys opening round games. Cinderella vs. Purple @ Gold nation.. Will the glass slipper still fit around 2:00 on Wednesday afternoon?? :lol:

Hey REd..Congrats on the big wil over Middle Garbage..Well i have to say i missed that one..I really thought yall would blow them out..I went to the U.C. game and i have to say Weddle never showed up tonight..It was the craziest thing i have ever saw..U.C. was just playing team ball and played verrryy solid defense..But he did make the one that counted at the end..BUt i have to say i wasreally shocked over his sub par performance..And to make matters even worst when U.C. rushed the floor some fans or players stomped Weddle's ankle and man he was in alot of pain..And they piled on Robinson also but his was just a bad cramp..I spoke to Quis later and he said he was in alot of pain but he thinks he will be ok..But im telling you it didn't look good when they helped him off the floor..His ankle never got a 100% after the first injury during the Humboldt game earlier in the district turny game..And ill bet he want be but around 75 or 80% in the state turny..Well maybe Humboldt and Union City will play in the finals and keep both the silver and gold in the west..Best of luck to yall..And another thing..Yall better be glad yall did play at home and im not hating on Middleton's students or the school but that was the hottest place ive ever been in and it is very small..And just to keep it real..It looks just like a tin roof barn ready to fall in at any time and the people over that place turned the fans off on purpose just to make it that much hotter in there..Very poor sportsmanship to the fans and players..One thing is for sure..I want go back there..

very poor sportsmanship? uc were the ones that tryed to pick fights after the game yelling things like go home suckers we are going to state and so one. And as far as the gym part tell me if i am wrong when i lived in uc before i moved to middleton i belive uc was 2a which means there gym would almost have to be bigger because of the school size but middleton has always been a 1a school and yes the gym is small but that has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

very poor sportsmanship? uc were the ones that tryed to pick fights after the game yelling things like go home suckers we are going to state and so one. And as far as the gym part tell me if i am wrong when i lived in uc before i moved to middleton i belive uc was 2a which means there gym would almost have to be bigger because of the school size but middleton has always been a 1a school and yes the gym is small but that has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Middleton_baseball_07......The gym at Union City holds around 1150-1200 it is small for a 2A gym and would have been very close to not being able to hold a 2A sub-state game.....The gym at Union City was stuck between the Civic Auditorium and the school itself,almost as an afterthought.....

I agree with you the gym had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.....

I don't think anyone from Union City was trying to pick a fight with anyone from Middleton in Middleton...You guys are just not very used to losing many games,especially at home...I guarantee you,Union City players and fans for that matter have heard many things much worse than the examples you gave.....

This has to be the most intriguing matchup of the morning session Wednesday. A team that we know can go all the way to Saturday with all the weapons, offensive power, and coaching in Union City against the upstart kids of Roan Mountain that has shown they have the weapons, defensive power, and coaching that has the determination to go. Which team's will power wins out? We will see Wednesday. Both teams have proven they are capable of winning when it counts, and that is why they are still playing. Union City is the favorite obviously, with Cloudland taking their role as the underdog, a role they have had all of tournaments. I say good luck to both teams, even though I am pulling for the Highlanders!!!

This has to be the most intriguing matchup of the morning session Wednesday. A team that we know can go all the way to Saturday with all the weapons, offensive power, and coaching in Union City against the upstart kids of Roan Mountain that has shown they have the weapons, defensive power, and coaching that has the determination to go. Which team's will power wins out? We will see Wednesday. Both teams have proven they are capable of winning when it counts, and that is why they are still playing. Union City is the favorite obviously, with Cloudland taking their role as the underdog, a role they have had all of tournaments. I say good luck to both teams, even though I am pulling for the Highlanders!!!

By looking strictly at their record I too will say they are underdogs in this matchup. I always like rooting for the little guy, and besides we here in the LC never root for a TORNADO. Go Highlanders

O.K. Folks....Here goes.....

First off,I would rather be playing Cosby in the first round,at least you know what you got with them.....That said,Cloudland would NEVER gotten out of the FIRST round of the district with a 7-18 record in any district in West Tennessee.....

Secondly,I don't understand all the Lake County talk.....They should be practicing baseball now and the football team should be in the weight room getting ready for spring practice in May.....

All the talk about Weddle....Yes,he had 7 points.....Folks he hit a game-winner at the buzzer...Middleton goes home and Union City moves on .....Period.....

But,he outscored Marq Murden in the second half 5 to 2.... :thumb:

Slamdunker54....Middleton...Defending state champion...substate game at home....Holds Marquis Weddle to seven points.....And STILL lose.....Something wrong with THAT picture... :D

My prediction for the UC-Cloudland game....After a slow start,Union City will win 78-52.....You won't see Weddle under his average again this season....27ppg

I don't know if I would rather play Cosby if I were anybody. Everyone thinks they know what we got, but if you did you would be more worried than you are.

Good Luck, Though!! B)