Union City VS Cloudland

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that's because you are a Hampton fan. Or perhaps it is because Cloudland beat Hampton when it counted. Talk about a blow to the ego. Hampton went to sub state too. They could have went to state, but they couldn't win against Cosby. So how about giving Cloudland a little credit. They made it where Hampton couldn't.

Can't you read????? I said they deserved to be there for "winning when it counted." I just do not think they were the best representative that we could have sent.

Edited by Lord Vader

cloudland was the best team to go they beat hampton twice district championship and regional unaka twice and wartburg once. They might matced up better with uc and gave them a better game but we would have matched up better with other teams in the state tourney. cloudland just did not match up well with uc. It was the worst draw we could have got. Cograts UC on being state champs we can say we lost to the best team in the state.

Congrats to UC on your state championship. I play (played) for Cloudland and you guys can really play ball. It stinks that you guys put us out, but hey, atleast it was to the state champions. And yes UC did blow us out but to whoever says we didn't deserve to be there obviously has no clue what there talking about. Yea, some teams might have matched up better, WITH THEIR THIRD STRING! Nobody from our conference or region would have matched up. But to UC congrats and to the Landers thanks for a great season!

cloudland was the best team to go they beat hampton twice district championship and regional unaka twice and wartburg once. They might matced up better with uc and gave them a better game but we would have matched up better with other teams in the state tourney. cloudland just did not match up well with uc. It was the worst draw we could have got. Cograts UC on being state champs we can say we lost to the best team in the state.

Thanks on the Congrats on U C. One thing, I was not at the game but had Hundreds that were and most said that Cloudland just didn't have the players to compete on this level along with Wayane County and even Grace Baptist.. Not saying they didn't deserve being in M' Town ( State ), but when you get this far it's anyones game and most that made it usually are good. Not many teams make it to the State Tournament with only 14 wins and a credit to the Cloudland program. Union City is know for Basketball & Football and yes even the past we have had Baseball teams make it to the final games and just might have that this year.

I think that the East & Middle State High Schools Sports gets more media attention State wide and then when it come to " tourney time " everyone from the East is usually over rated a bit. Union City Finally made it top the AP Top 10 the final week of the poles and now they have the GOLD BALL in their hands.

I know that the 1st & 3rd Gold Ball we won in AA ( 90-91 & 96-97 ) not many gave us much of a chance to win those years but by the time our Coaches ( Marty Sisco & David Denning ) broke down film on the teams that we were to have played, they could have beaten most anyone at that time. We are VERY LUCKY to have coaches ( Marty & Shane Sisco ) that spend every minute for the Final 32 minutes in the State Tournament. Not many schools have what we have been sooooo blessed to have in Union City & Obion County.

Another thing, if you notice you do not see Tatoos, Ear Rings , Long Hair and Show Boats when Union City Steps on any Playing surface and this goes for all sports. Our school system & coaches do not allow that. We show up with class, play with class, coach with class and leave the game with the other team fans saying " those were a nice group of coaches & young persons".

We do loose a lot from this team but we will be back because the old saying here is " We aren't going to rebuild, were just going to RELOAD " .

Great Job Union City!!!!!

Hater_Nation_Rules Mar 7 2006 - 05:34 PM Post #28

Camper

Group: Guests

Member No.: 89,455

This game starts at 12:15 p.m., it will be over by 12:17 p.m .. Union City in a rout. Congrats on both teams for getting there..too bad alot of good teams are passed over, becauseof the way the state tourney system is set up.

I'll save this post for future reference. :D

Like I said..thanks for quoting me for my future reference...but I really didn't need you too..Also, congrats to Grace for the upset of the tourney. :huh:

Edited by Hater_Nation_Rules

Congrats to UC on your state championship. I play (played) for Cloudland and you guys can really play ball. It stinks that you guys put us out, but hey, atleast it was to the state champions. And yes UC did blow us out but to whoever says we didn't deserve to be there obviously has no clue what there talking about. Yea, some teams might have matched up better, WITH THEIR THIRD STRING! Nobody from our conference or region would have matched up. But to UC congrats and to the Landers thanks for a great season!

I cant find a post where anybody said that Cloudland didn't deserve to be there. Where is it?