Where's Beau Brown going to college

CardinalRed

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me if and where Beau Brown is going to college, I heard NC State but it was a pretty unreliable source (knows little of high school ball), so I thought I'd ask you.

I read a post last week that said his father reported Mars Hill College in western NC is the only firm offer; but another thread listed UTC, and a couple of SEC schools. Wake Forest could probably use him this weekend, due to poor guard play, lol.

I read a post last week that said his father reported Mars Hill College in western NC is the only firm offer; but another thread listed UTC, and a couple of SEC schools. Wake Forest could probably use him this weekend, due to poor guard play, lol.

Thanks, I would like to see him at a big school, but if he doesn't get a big school then I'd like to see him somewhere close so I can still see him play, no matter where he ends up for college, he has still had a tremendous career.

Thanks, I would like to see him at a big school, but if he doesn't get a big school then I'd like to see him somewhere close so I can still see him play, no matter where he ends up for college, he has still had a tremendous career.

After the game he was interviewed on the radio and he said as of right now Walters State(JUCO) was his #1 choice. This is because he hasnt gotten the offer he wants and he wants to prove himself. I did see the Mars Hill coach and it was reported on VolChat that a Vol assistant was there as well.

haha cleveland state has turned into a joke...

As of two weeks ago, Mars Hill was the only actual offer. This information came straight from Beau's father's mouth. Right now Beau doesn't want to walk on at a D1 school and eventually get a scholly. (He would qualify for an instate full academic scholly btw.)

A lot of people confuse letters, phone calls, and other contacts as scholarship offers, but they're not. A college coach saying, "We like your game," is not the same as "We want to offer you a scholarship to come play ball for us." I had heard a year ago that Bama, Vandy, and UTC had offered, but they had actually only called him and sent him letters.

I have not seen him play. But, his stats and his career have been great. His height doesn't seem to be a problem if he is a guard. So, the people that have seen him play a lot what are the limitations that are keeping him from recieving more scholly offers? Athleticism? Ball handling?

Here's the assessment of one guy who watches AAU tourneys and the like. He also has connections to D1 coaches. I can't tell you his name, but here goes:

"I have asked some D1 coaches about Brown specifically and they weren't exactly dismissive of his abilities, but it was clear that the felt he wasn't an SEC-Level player (please do not pass that along and/or attribute it to me). Good kid, tough, hard-worker, but limited was the assessment I got. One coach told me he's good at a lot of things but not particularly good enough at anything to play at this level. Like I said, I haven't really seen him enough to have a strong opinion of him myself, but D1 coaches don't think he's good enough for a scholly."

I think a lot of southern D1 schools are going to be very sorry in a year or two. JMHO. Perhaps he'll got to JUCO, excel, and then get a D1 offer from a solid program.

Edited by McMinn Central Maniac

McMinn Central[/url] Maniac' post='825979637' date='Mar 8 2006 - 11:13 AM']

Here's the assessment of one guy who watches AAU tourneys and the like. He also has connections to D1 coaches. I can't tell you his name, but here goes:

"I have asked some D1 coaches about Brown specifically and they weren't exactly dismissive of his abilities, but it was clear that the felt he wasn't an SEC-Level player (please do not pass that along and/or attribute it to me). Good kid, tough, hard-worker, but limited was the assessment I got. One coach told me he's good at a lot of things but not particularly good enough at anything to play at this level. Like I said, I haven't really seen him enough to have a strong opinion of him myself, but D1 coaches don't think he's good enough for a scholly."

I think a lot of southern D1 schools are going to be very sorry in a year or two. JMHO. Perhaps he'll got to JUCO, excel, and then get a D1 offer from a solid program.

I think that Beau is as good as Juan Smith right now. I may be wrong, but I think their games are very similar. Beau is actually bigger (strength wise) and maybe more athletic. I know Beau is better than Juan at the high school level. I too think alot of D-I programs are dropping the ball by not signing this kid.

I think that Beau is as good as Juan Smith right now. I may be wrong, but I think their games are very similar. Beau is actually bigger (strength wise) and maybe more athletic. I know Beau is better than Juan at the high school level. I too think alot of D-I programs are dropping the ball by not signing this kid.

I witnessed his strong sectional showing against Portland's Corey Brewer when Brewer was a senior and Beau was a sophomore. Brewer rarely scored when Beau was on him.

I think Beau is definitely better than JaJuan was in HS. I just don't get it. Believe me. I've tried to get some coaches to get in on him, but to no avail.