Hampton's Year in Sports

Lord Vader

Well first of all, it is not like Cloudland and the Lady Bulldogs did extremely better than the Boys team. They won one more game (in the post season anyways). The Lady Bulldogs did not win district either so it isn't exacly as if they dominated this year. If they would would have played the #1 team in the state (Jackson Co.) one more game earlier like the boys did (Cosby), then they would be at the house just like the boys. So don't go hating on the boys team. As for the coaching staff, yes it is very weak. I have said it many times and I will keep saying it. LEON TOLLEY should be the coach at the high school. It is very funny to look at all the success that the players have at the 7th and 8th grade level under Tolley and then come to the high schol and have a 13-16 or a 16-13 season. It is unexcusable.I don't know but I am pretty sure that I am not the first one to say this and I am positive that I am not the only one who has thought this, but we all know why the coach is the coach. There is nothing anybody can do about it, at least until August if you know what I mean. :lol:

Edited by Lord Vader

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first of all, it is not like Cloudland and the Lady Bulldogs did extremely better than the Boys team. They won one more game (in the post season anyways). The Lady Bulldogs did not win district either so it isn't exacly as if they dominated this year. If they would would have played the #1 team in the state (Jackson Co.) one more game earlier like the boys did (Cosby), then they would be at the house just like the boys. So don't go hating on the boys team. As for the coaching staff, yes it is very weak. I have said it many times and I will keep saying it. LEON TOLLEY should be the coach at the high school. It is very funny to look at all the success that the players have at the 7th and 8th grade level under Tolley and then come to the high schol and have a 13-16 or a 16-13 season. It is unexcusable.I don't know but I am pretty sure that I am not the first one to say this and I am positive that I am not the only one who has thought this, but we all know why the coach is the coach. There is nothing anybody can do about it, at least until August if you know what I mean. :thumb:

Hmm, August? Isn't that election time? :thumb:

boy... hamptons basketball year was really something. barely over .500. NO reg. season championship. NO district championship. NO regional championship. BLOWN OUT in substate! WOW WHAT A SEASON! all we heard was wait till single a. talk about UNDERACHIEVING!!!! i know i know you beat uchs 1 out of 3 games. CONGRATS!!. thats like 2 wins over uchs in the past 4 years! way to go! we will take our 29 wins and at least 1 championship( 2 if you count hardess classic, which you guys participated in) and be alright. how many championships for you???? i can answer 0!

Wow, Unicoi had agreat year. They were the most overrated team in the state by far. They came to Hampton and lost by double digits. Did they uchs win the district, did uchs win the regional. Oh, wait they got put out in the semis so I gues that means that they didn't even make it to sub-state. Wow, what a year for the big bad blue devils. What about football this year lets talk about that. What was uchs's record. By how many did hampton beat them by this year. It was something like 0-10 and getting beat 50-7 or something like that. GOOD YEAR BLUE DEVILS!!!

Wow, Unicoi had agreat year. They were the most overrated team in the state by far. They came to Hampton and lost by double digits. Did they uchs win the district, did uchs win the regional. Oh, wait they got put out in the semis so I gues that means that they didn't even make it to sub-state. Wow, what a year for the big bad blue devils. What about football this year lets talk about that. What was uchs's record. By how many did hampton beat them by this year. It was something like 0-10 and getting beat 50-7 or something like that. GOOD YEAR BLUE DEVILS!!!

yea unicoi did have an impressive year lol they better just stick to baseball

yeah 29-5, reular season conf champs 14-0, hardees classic champions. last year 28-6 district champs and substate. man, we are struggling in basketball!! tell me again about the championships bulldog basketball won this year... thats right you CAN'T cause there are NONE!!!!!!! BUT 17-15 IN single A IS ALOT TO BE PROUD OF!!!!!! great showing in substate as well!!!THIS IS A BASKETBALL POST. IF I WERE YOU I WOULD BE TRYING TO BRING FOOTBALL INTO THIS!! THATS CALLED BEING DESPERATE!!!

what exactly did hampton WIN this year in basketball????? can't think of a thing!!!

Hampton went farther than uchs this year and beat them. And that's all that matters. If I were you I would stop bringing up previous years, it makes you sound desperate. But if I were you I would bring up previous years too because uchs didnt do anything this year except choke. Hampton has been the top school in east tennessee this year (BY FAR) as far as sports are concerned. WOOOOOO!!!!!

so you would bring up past seasons or not. makes alot of sense! i would... i wouldn't.... something i would expect from someone bragging about a 17-15 season with NO championships!!!!!!!! i would be so proud of making it 2 more games than uchs and getting your butt kicked in BOTH. but take that NO championship, barely above .500 season and beam with pride!! anty school in the state would take our season over yours!! 29-5 vs 17-15. 2 championships vs 0!!!!

I know who went farther. I also wish that Hampton had about 600-700 kids to choose from like the big bad county of unicoi does. Maybe Carter Co. will combine Hampton, Elizabethton, Happy Valley, Cloudland, and Unaka together. Then we will see who is better. Well, we seen it this year actually in uchs's district final and at hampton. I guess you are just jealous of hampton's success since you came into this thread for no reason. It is either that or you are just mad about the "Just like football" and the "overrated" chants you heard when you were beaten at Hampton. Way to go Blue Devils, you were such a great ball club (or so everybody heard). I guess how good they really were showed in the playoffs.Woooooooooo!!!

Also, please stop talking about the pitiful Hardee's classic. Hampton's players were still playing football at the time and half of them did not play. It is kinda sad that you have to talk about that tournament. I don't believe anybody will remember Unicoi for winning the Hardees classic, they will remember them for being overrated and getting their brains beat in by Happy Valley in the district.