Information on Cosby eagles state run

bed2i

If we were supposed to be in AA, the TSSAA would have us there, plain and simple. We have BASKETBALL PLAYERS that are very athletic! They are fundamentally sound and make good decision! They play disciplined, can run and gun, or play a halfcourt game. It doesn't matter.

Yeah, OK like the TSSAA doesn't take the numbers the schools give them to interprit the data. Classifications are not as accurate as you give them credit. There are a majority of schools either playing up or down for whatever reason. Most schools who play up do so to cut down on travel, especially since fuel prices are so high. Not saying Humbolt did this, but some teams that drop down do it because they have find a level that they can compete at or because of the same reason to go up. it is all demographics.

I know too many people involved with the TSSAA on various levels, they are crooks and money hungry thieves. Why do you think they expanded the football ranks to 5 classifications. It is probably just a matter of time before they do this to other sports as well. More games More money.

Good Luck to all of the teams playing next week down here.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at some pictures of Cosby in action and they look kind of slow to me. Looks like ACC(West) against the Ivy league(East). I believe some full court pressure defense will have looking them for oxygen.

Well, as the photographer who probably took the pictures that you were just talking about, slow action makes better pictures, at least on my camera. For every one picture I keep, I probably delete 5 where the action is so fast it is nothing but a blur. I delete several where the other team is crystal clear and Cosby players are a total smudge.

Speaking of pictures, I should be at school tomorrow and I'll try to have your sub-state pictures on the wall by the end of first block. I don't have many. I couldn't get good shots from the positions I was relegated to because of the crowds.

Yeah, OK like the TSSAA doesn't take the numbers the schools give them to interprit the data. Classifications are not as accurate as you give them credit. There are a majority of schools either playing up or down for whatever reason. Most schools who play up do so to cut down on travel, especially since fuel prices are so high. Not saying Humbolt did this, but some teams that drop down do it because they have find a level that they can compete at or because of the same reason to go up. it is all demographics.

I know too many people involved with the TSSAA on various levels, they are crooks and money hungry thieves. Why do you think they expanded the football ranks to 5 classifications. It is probably just a matter of time before they do this to other sports as well. More games More money.

Good Luck to all of the teams playing next week down here.

A school can choose to play up a classification.

For example, Greeneville should be AAA in football; but they play up to AAAA.

A school, however, can not play down a classification, unless exception is granted by the TSSAA Board of Control.

Yea look at Alcoa for example, they have around 400 kids and made it to Murfreesboro in AA. Humboldt has what, close to 500 kids? There is no reason to move down a classification just because you think you might have one or two off years.

Umm. NO. Humboldt has just over 400 students, but nice try. Quit griping that we are playing in A; if TSSAA says you ought to be A then thats where we are going to be. So, if we win it all, do not get on here and say "they ought to be playing in AA." End of discussion.

Umm. NO. Humboldt has just over 400 students, but nice try. Quit griping that we are playing in A; if TSSAA says you ought to be A then thats where we are going to be. So, if we win it all, do not get on here and say "they ought to be playing in AA." End of discussion.

totally agree... there is absolutely nothing you can do about what class you are in.... that is up to the # attending your school....

It's true Cosby plays a slow down style of basketball, and only averaged about 45pts a game because of their lack of shooters. They play 3 players at least 6'5 or better and like to pound the ball inside to the big man who is around 6'8 and a decent defensive player. Lots of back door cuts like a Princeton style offense(Cosby is infamous for this stalling the ball style of play!) Other than the big guys Cosby just isn't that deep, they play 3 freshmen guards because they have too not good for much other than a couple of fouls, turnovers, and getting the ball to the big guys. The 34-1 record is a joke it means nothing, look at Cloudland they are at the Boro with a losing record! Hampton was a much better team than Cosby too bad only the JV team was able to make the trip and the Varsity bus got lost on the way. I would have to think Humboldt by at least 40 or more. Cosby players have never seen an athlete before none of them even play pick-up games in the off season they prefer to focus on football and tennis then. It should be a fun field trip for the Eagles to go watch those Humboldt guys play though. Good luck and God bless.

Cosby plays slow ball? Who knew.

hey old24eagle dont you play the trumpet. i dont think i have ever seen you on the court. i have seen you try to shoot the ball one word for that (ugly)! man alot of trash being thrown arond in here. the way i see it its basketball anything can happen just have to go down sit back and see what happens. we may get the win we may not but either way there ae alot of teams across the state watching. that something to be proud of. go luck cosby i wil be there to support you all. best wishes to hambutt to.

hey old24eagle dont you play the trumpet. i dont think i have ever seen you on the court. i have seen you try to shoot the ball one word for that (ugly)! man alot of trash being thrown arond in here. the way i see it its basketball anything can happen just have to go down sit back and see what happens. we may get the win we may not but either way there ae alot of teams across the state watching. that something to be proud of. go luck cosby i wil be there to support you all. best wishes to hambutt to.

dont be hatin