Who is goin to win the single a tournment

WOW, theres someone out there who thinks East Robertson can beat Grace. Sorry to burst your bubble, East Robertson slipped into the state tourny..and i know everybody will say well if they're in the tournament they must be decent! Well you're right because some just decent teams made it this year, Cloudland(couldnt compete in any other region across the state), and East Robertson.

Edited by LightsOut142

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, theres someone out there who thinks East Robertson can beat Grace. Sorry to burst your bubble, East Robertson slipped into the state tourny..and i know everybody will say well if they're in the tournament they must be decent! Well you're right because some just decent teams made it this year, Cloudland(couldnt compete in any other region across the state), and East Robertson.

Well that sounds pretty good for Grace, but believe me, they are not overlooking them at all! That would be very foolish. Im sure they have a shot ot beat Grace, but i just dont see it either.

What is ER's starting lineup look like?? Height? Best Skills?

I think Wayne Co. has a chance to beat Clay. I tihnk Clay has a little better team, but Wayne Co. was at the Boro last year and that will help them alot. It could go either way.

Wayne County does have more tourney experience but I still think Clay is going to come out of this matchup with a big W. Clay County has 7 seniors and they all know how to step up when it matters most, just look back at the Temple game. ;)

ahh, but wayne county also plays 7 sr's who are all battle tested and have state tourney exp. from last years final 4 team, they have really good size for 1a and are real quick also , look forward to game should be a good one the one thing wayne county really has going in there favor is that this is first time any of these clay county players have been to state, and they may come out a bit wide eyed if that happens wayne county could jump on them early i remember last year when wayne county played pickett co in first round everyone picked aginst them and thy won by 9 i look for same this year

East Robertson belongs to one of the toughest districts in middle tn. And i would exactly call beating the same team 4 times in one season, going into double overtime in the region tourney game to beat East Lit.,and going into overtime again to beat columbia academy by 5 "slipping into the state tourney". We've worked our butts off to get this far just like everyother team still playing. And its not very sportsman like to say that the other teams (who have made it just as far as you have) aren't even decent. So grow up, get a life, and don't waste your time talking @*%& to fans b/c they're not even in the game! BRING HOME THE TITLE BOYS!!!!!

Realistically, Humboldt and UC should be favored. They were both AA last year and are the largest schools left in the A tournament. I have seen teams from all these regions play and some of it will depend on what style of ball the officials let the guys play. If they do not call the hand checks, walks, and the beating and banging underneath it will definitely support the West’s style of play. If they do keep it more controlled then this will help to neutralize the physical style of the West. At this point it is all speculation and since it is tournament time (almost) anything is possible.

East Robertson belongs to one of the toughest districts in middle tn. And i would exactly call beating the same team 4 times in one season, going into double overtime in the region tourney game to beat East Lit.,and going into overtime again to beat columbia academy by 5 "slipping into the state tourney". We've worked our off to get this far just like everyother team still playing. And its not very sportsman like to say that the other teams (who have made it just as far as you have) aren't even decent. So grow up, get a life, and don't waste your time talking @*%& to fans b/c they're not even in the game! BRING HOME THE TITLE BOYS!!!!!

I read nothing in that post to back up the statement of "East Robertson belongs to one of the toughest districts in middle tn". Ive not even heard of East Lit., and i dont know how good columbia is. And again, maybe one of the toughest districts, but ONE of the toughest in MIDDLE TN! I know Clay Co. is very good, and they are from middle, but we (Grace) played Pickett (middle tn) in sub-state and ted them up and down the court.

And the guy didnt say East is bad, he just said that it wont be a problem for Grace to beat them. He just stated that East and Cloudland are just not the same caliber of teams that all the others are.

I read nothing in that post to back up the statement of "East Robertson belongs to one of the toughest districts in middle tn". Ive not even heard of East Lit., and i dont know how good columbia is. And again, maybe one of the toughest districts, but ONE of the toughest in MIDDLE TN! I know Clay Co. is very good, and they are from middle, but we (Grace) played Pickett (middle tn) in sub-state and ted them up and down the court.

And the guy didnt say East is bad, he just said that it wont be a problem for Grace to beat them. He just stated that East and Cloudland are just not the same caliber of teams that all the others are.

BIGGGG diffrence between clay and pickett..BIG.Its gonna be an interesting tournament though.