Union City

westtennbob

Union City is an awesome team from what I have heard. I have not seen them, but have read alot about them. Cloudland is the underdogs, but that is how they have been all tournments. Should they be? Yes, Union City is an outstanding team. I have alot of respect for their program. Yes, I will be the first to admit that Cloudland will have to play a perfect game to win, but at this point of the year if you don't play a nearly flawless game you go home. This Highlander team is capable of that. Mindset could be a key in this game. If Union City comes in looking head to Friday, they could be going home. Same for Cloudland. This is the point of the year where you can not take anything for granted. Any team that has won a state title (like Union City did in 1997 in 2-A) will tell you that you have to play nearly perfect in those games on Wednesday through Friday to play on Saturday. That is harder at this point of the year to do since you have a state atmosphere and both teams have to travel a pretty good distance. As for records, yeah a regular season record does speak for itself, but so does your postseason mark. When the ref throws the ball up for the tip to begin the game, that all goes out the window. I have said it before that the only thing matters now is what happens during the game Wednesday and who goes on to play Friday and who goes home. That is the only accomplisment that will matter Wednesday. I guess what I am saying is yes records can help in predicting the game, but that is not all you need to by. Records can be decieving. Edited by landergolfer

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City is an awesome team from what I have heard. I have not seen them, but have read alot about them. Cloudland is the underdogs, but that is how they have been all tournments. Should they be? Yes, Union City is an outstanding team. I have alot of respect for their program. Yes, I will be the first to admit that Cloudland will have to play a perfect game to win, but at this point of the year if you don't play a nearly flawless game you go home. This Highlander team is capable of that. Mindset could be a key in this game. If Union City comes in looking head to Friday, they could be going home. Same for Cloudland. This is the point of the year where you can not take anything for granted. Any team that has won a state title (like Union City did in 1997 in 2-A) will tell you that you have to play nearly perfect in those games on Wednesday through Friday to play on Saturday. That is harder at this point of the year to do since you have a state atmosphere and both teams have to travel a pretty good distance. As for records, yeah a regular season record does speak for itself, but so does your postseason mark. When the ref throws the ball up for the tip to begin the game, that all goes out the window. I have said it before that the only thing matters now is what happens during the game Wednesday and who goes on to play Friday and who goes home. That is the only accomplisment that will matter Wednesday. I guess what I am saying is yes records can help in predicting the game, but that is not all you need to by. Records can be decieving.

Union City also won state titles in 90 and 92......In 1990 Union City won the state with a 26-9 record.....After a loss to Milan that year they were 13-9,then reeled off 13 consecutive wins....One point about looking to Friday...I guarantee you Cloudland will be looking no further than Wednesday morning,a 14-18 team doesn't have the luxury to look ahead....Friday will be on Union City's mind and that is a problem....Maybe Shane can balance that line between giving a team respect and giving so much credit to a team he messes with his team's heads....

A point in your favor is what Livingston Acd. did in the football play-offs...They entered the play-offs 5-5 and won a state championship at 10-5.. :lol:

Edited by backinthaoc