George Pitts leaving BA for KING?

krichunaka

No I didn't say ITZME is one of those. I stated it (In general) is not always easy to coach talent. Their have been plenty of great coaches that have walked into seasons having high expectations becasue of their talent and it turned out to be a flop because of the head cases they have on their team. It is not always easy just because you have talent to coach talent. In some cases it takes a good coach to get these kids to play team basketball and not to just show case their own individual talents. I'm not saying this is the case for BA.

Edited by warrior123

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Pitts coached David Harrison. Butler did. I did say BA had two McDonald's AA players in the last five years Harrison and Wright. Pitts did coach the four state championships. The program was on the up-swing before George. It just needed different leadership.

Rupp, come wade back in. The water is fine. Several homes open around here. Just not in Wilson County.

Does King want into the conference with Carson Newman, Wingate etc.?

they wouldn't let me move back to wilson county......i give em all an allergic attack!

No offense taken! However, I never said it was going to happen, I just stated that it was a rumor. We all know how rumors are and Flame 123 cleared it up for all of us. BA is a great program but it is not a program that is considered a national power house. It is considered a power house around this area but looking at the big picture it is just considered a solid program.

100-0 won't get you a sniff? Surely you are kidding? I would not go as far as saying that high schools just look for high school coaches or college coaches, established or not. That may be the case for BA but not for all other high schools out there. There have been plenty of hires in this state from the middle school ranks and it has turned out to be a smart decision.

It doesn't matter either way because it has been cleared up that this rumor is not true. Thanks for your response and best of luck

Edited by warrior123

I never said Pitts coached David Harrison. Butler did. I did say BA had two McDonald's AA players in the last five years Harrison and Wright. Pitts did coach the four state championships. The program was on the up-swing before George. It just needed different leadership.

Rupp, come wade back in. The water is fine. Several homes open around here. Just not in Wilson County.

Never said you did. My response was to Irishbball.

King's job would pay around $60K with camps.

If he has enough years to retire out of the high school system, both incomes could potentially be around $120K. If that is the case, he would be crazy not to take a look at that opportunity.

If any coach in TN high school deserves the opportunity, its him. However he is in for a rude awakening. He has been coaching better players at Brentwood than he would be coaching at King.

You cant recruit David Harrison's, Brandon Wright's, and the kid going to Southern llinois to an NAIA or a D-2 school.

Best of luck whatever he decides.

If he has enough years to retire out of the high school system, both incomes could potentially be around $120K. If that is the case, he would be crazy not to take a look at that opportunity.

If any coach in TN high school deserves the opportunity, its him. However he is in for a rude awakening. He has been coaching better players at Brentwood than he would be coaching at King.

You cant recruit David Harrison's, Brandon Wright's, and the kid going to Southern llinois to an NAIA or a D-2 school.

Best of luck whatever he decides.

..king will have a heck of a team if he does go tho..

You are talking about the South Atlantic Conference which includes Tusculum College in Greeneville, Tennessee, Carson Newman in Jefferson City, TN, and next year will include Lincoln Memorial in Harrogate, TN. Other members are Catawba College, Presbyterian College, Wingate University, Mars Hill College, Lenoir Rhyne College, and Newberry College. It would be difficult for King to join this conference because they do not have football and the SAC prides themselves in being a football conference. LMU was only permitted to join because they are supposed to add football in the near future. FYI: there is a huge difference between NAIA, which is the level that King competes at and NCAA Division II which is where they hope to move.

ITZME,

Just what I heard. You ought to apply? Maybe you can take over the program and do the job Coach pitts did? Doubt it!

Flame,

Thanks for the information and support. I was just stating what I heard. That caught me off guard because I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was just stating what I heard but the people I heard it from never stated it was true, it was more like they thought he would be leaving after this year and some of those jobs would be a good situation for him.

Wow...how did this spin out of control? I would not presume to say I could coach any high school team, much less BA. (although my Jr. Pro record is enviable!! :lol: )

My amusement was based on the statement that BA would consider a Middle School coach from Murfreesboro. If this move with Coach Pitts happened (which I am doubtful of), then I would have to believe that many of the top high school coaches around would want the job. If BA were to consider a Middle School coach, it would be internal, as they have as good a record as anybody over the past 5-7 years...

...but they won't...

...if Pitts did leave...

...which he probably won't!

What you forget is that he is already retired from the public high school system. He has not been a government employee for five years! So if he has qualified for his pension, he has what he has, plus a higher paying job at BA than what he could get at King.

The decision won't be made for financial reasons, that's for sure.

What you forget is that he is already retired from the public high school system. He has not been a government employee for five years! So if he has qualified for his pension, he has what he has, plus a higher paying job at BA than what he could get at King.

The decision won't be made for financial reasons, that's for sure.

You are probably right about the financial decision part....

But has never coached college before..... could be a new challenge for him.

Does Brentwood pay him $60K????

You are talking about the South Atlantic Conference which includes Tusculum College in Greeneville, Tennessee, Carson Newman in Jefferson City, TN, and next year will include Lincoln Memorial in Harrogate, TN. Other members are Catawba College, Presbyterian College, Wingate University, Mars Hill College, Lenoir Rhyne College, and Newberry College. It would be difficult for King to join this conference because they do not have football and the SAC prides themselves in being a football conference. LMU was only permitted to join because they are supposed to add football in the near future. FYI: there is a huge difference between NAIA, which is the level that King competes at and NCAA Division II which is where they hope to move.

Is the HUGE difference between NAIA and NCAA D-2 the game Tusculum played against Bluefield this year?

I dont think 80-76 is a huge difference. Bluefield didnt even win that league. Montreat won the league. And Montreat beat D-1 UNC-Asheville....

Carson Newman lost to D-3 Maryville.

There is not as big a difference as you think.... the stats and records speak for themselves. D-2, NAIA, D-3 are all about the same.... the difference is the size of the school and the amount of scholarships.