McMinn Central vs Alcoa

concernedcherokee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your guys opinion on the big game next week? Who wins? Does it really matter because the winner will match up against Liberty.

Liberty is very good but they have an extremely tough first round matchup with Haywood County. While I am all for the East Tn. teams, I believe the Liberty/Haywood winner will take out the Alcoa/McMinn Central winner.

I also will go on record predicting an Alcoa victory over McMinn Central. It should be a great game that could go either way but I like the Tornadoes in this one.

What's your guys opinion on the big game next week? Who wins? Does it really matter because the winner will match up against Liberty.

When did they play this game? I guess I must have missed it. Liberty already beat Haywood and they havent even played the game yet. See this is what I mean about Haywood being the underdog. We have been to the Boro four straight years, Liberty shows up and has one great season and they already get respect on this board. In a way, I hope our guys read coacht. This should motivate them alot. Even jsills, who is from Haywood, doubts his own team.

I heard that they have two players that have signed DI scholarships already.

They have one, Brandon Evans, who signed with Murray State. We have one of the best shot blockers in the state, if not the country, in Jarvis Vanardo. He is signed with Mississippi State.

not sure havent seen liberty play this year... what is liberty's strenghts

They have lots of depth...they are, however, without one of their key players for the tournament, and that is Josh Irvin...could be critical, but I doubt it...on Alcoa & McMinn Central...MC wins in a convincing manner...McMinn Central has the best shot of taking out Haywood/Liberty, in my oppinion...but I look for McMinn Central to dominate Alcoa...

They have lots of depth...they are, however, without one of their key players for the tournament, and that is Josh Irvin...could be critical, but I doubt it...on Alcoa & McMinn Central...MC wins in a convincing manner...McMinn Central has the best shot of taking out Haywood/Liberty, in my oppinion...but I look for McMinn Central to dominate Alcoa...

I agree Central SHOULD win.

But anything can happen.

Goodluck either way :D

Have you seen Liberty play this year? If you have you should know that Josh Irvin joined the team after Christmas. He was not instrumental in anything they did to my knowledge.

Have you seen Liberty play this year? If you have you should know that Josh Irvin joined the team after Christmas. He was not instrumental in anything they did to my knowledge.

You are correct tomcatfan...they won't miss a beat without Irvin. I think some people are counting Haywood out too fast though. If I recall a lot of folks had Liberty beating Bolivar in every game this year and didn't Bolivar take 3 of 4? And didn't Bolivar and Haywood split this year? hmmm... :thumb: