10 Second Violation

middletontigerfan

This might be a silly question and it's water under the bridge, but I am going to ask it anyway. Why was the 10 second violation not called on Union City in the game against Middleton? I don't know a lot about basketball and I even know about that. Why didn't the officials call it? Also, can anyone tell me why Middleton's coach didn't push the issue? From the look on Union City's coach's face, even he knew it was a bad call. I have talked to several people and not one seems to know the answer to this. HELP!!

This might be a silly question and it's water under the bridge, but I am going to ask it anyway. Why was the 10 second violation not called on Union City in the game against Middleton? I don't know a lot about basketball and I even know about that. Why didn't the officials call it? Also, can anyone tell me why Middleton's coach didn't push the issue? From the look on Union City's coach's face, even he knew it was a bad call. I have talked to several people and not one seems to know the answer to this. HELP!!

Was a timeout called by Union City during the 10 second count?

No, I don't believe so.

If a timeout had been called I believe that would have been the only way more than 10 seconds could elapse. I think you get a new count after the TO but since one was not called I do not have any idea. Looks like a lapse of the officiating. Good question though. Where's BackintheOC when you need him? Come on KW help me out here.

If a timeout had been called I believe that would have been the only way more than 10 seconds could elapse. I think you get a new count after the TO but since one was not called I do not have any idea. Looks like a lapse of the officiating. Good question though. Where's BackintheOC when you need him? Come on KW help me out here.

Union City's player called a time-out after 13-14 seconds, before he had the ball across mid-court. I can't explain it!

The situation was after a missed foul shot the clock had 16.7 seconds. With 4.5 seconds time was called with the ball still in the back court. One ref blew the whistle for the 10 second violation just a short time before the time out was called. Why the time out was allowed is what I would like to know.

After the missed free throw by the Middleton player,the ball had to be chased down....Maybe the ref didn't think Union City had posession of the ball at 16.7????....I don't know,but the reality is the refs don't have a digital scoreboard in their head...Also,the time-keeper doesn't always start the game clock when he/she is supposed to.....How many times during a game do you start yelling for a five second or ten second call to be made??.....I find myself doing it alot....

It is water under the bridge and it has to frustrating as a Middleton Tiger fan to have a sub-state game at home,hold the possible Mr.Basketball to 20 points under his average,hold Union City to 29 points under their average and catch Union City in one of their worst games of the year....And still lose...

Edited by treefitty74

It is water under the bridge and it has to frustrating as a Middleton Tiger fan to have a sub-state game at home,hold the possible Mr.Basketball to 20 points under his average,hold Union City to 29 points under their average and catch Union City in one of their worst games of the year....And still lose...

Arrogance anyone?

Good teams make other teams look bad by playing good.

Edited by Grace Golden Eagles

Arrogance anyone?

Good teams make other teams look bad by playing good.

Union City had a bad game..Period...It's not arrogance when it's true..

And Middleton wasn't that impressive either,so maybe it went both ways...This game was not near the talent level displayed in the Union City-Humboldt region semi-final game where Humboldt won 86-83 and Weddle had 46 points....

Edited by backinthaoc