Wilson Central Lady Wildcats AAA State Champions

Mailman05

B) Congratulations to the Wilson Central Lady Wildcats on a great season. The Lady Wildcats won 38-44. Great Job Lady Wildcats. Wilson Central was lead by Tierney Jenkins with 15pts and 11 rebounds Followed by Cameryn Calhoun with 11 pts and 7 assist she would hit a crucial three pointer from almost half court at the end of the quarter. Sara Williams would have 9 pts and 6 rebounds Jasmine Hassel would have 6 pts and 4 rebounds. Lauren Wasson would hit a huge three to swing the game centrals way. Congratulations to all the girls on a great game and a great season. Way to go Coach Brandon Coach Campbell Coach Moore and Coach Holladay you guys have done a great job for us all season. Tonight Coach Brandon and Coach Campbell became the first father son tandom to both have won state championships as head coaches. This was the second State Championship for Coach Campbell (1971). All of the members of this team worked hard all season to get this championship. Also thanks to the parents and members of the community for supporting these girls all season. Congratulations to the members of the all state tournament team : Sara Williams, Tierney Jenkins, Jasmine Hassel, and Cameryn Calhoun. Awesome job Tierney and congratulations on your State Tournament MVP!!!!!!!!!! Its been a pleasure being around you girls all season. Lets do it agian next year!!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I salute Wilson Central on winning the State Championship.

I know from experience that this will be a memory you will NEVER forget.

My beloved Lady Bears had the Wildcats on the ropes in the Region semis but Central found a way to come back.

Its amazing how close Central came to not even getting to the Region Tournament when Gallatin was seconds away from knocking off the Lady Wildcats in the first round of the District Tournament playing on Central's home court.

Like I've always said.... You need a little luck sometimes to win a Championship.

No question Wilson Central will be the favorite to repeat next season.

Never have been a proponent of the shot clock for high school, but the last two games were snoozers! It looked like teams were playing not to lose rather than playing to win. The AAA game reminded me of an old Chuck Wepner boxing match, slow, plodding and boring. Neither team seemingly ran their offense consistently, I assume the defenses had something to do with it, plus you had two teams that play half-court sets. By the way, for my money, (And I think Tierney Jenkins is one of the sweetest girls around and a great player), Cameron Calhoun would have received my vote for MVP. She was the glue that held Wilson Central together and really the only guard they had to step up. Great job! Glad the Gold Ball stays in Wilson County and specifically District 9 where it belongs!

Congratulations to Bud and his first state championship. With a young team, I possibly see a couple more out there for him. A great job of coaching a great group of girls.

Way to go Southside (feeder school out of Lebanon). The Lady Saints jr. high team was represented well on the Lady Wildcats team with 2 starters (Cameryn Calhoun and Jenny Hall) and several other key contributors (including Lauren Farmer and Elizabeth Martin.)

Edited by saints