Harrison Smith..... best player in state?

inappropriate59

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the AE/Fulton game that was broadcast in Knoxville early in the season? His punt returns and interceptions were incredible.....

By the way leonard I am on leave. I am in the state to see my kids. But where I am doesn't make a difference. I seen Anthony's hilight tape. Ask Brent Hobbs if he thinks he is one of the top players in the state. He has a copy of it also. By the way Miami (coach Saw), Penn State (coach Norwood), Wake Forest, Oklahoma State (coach Brewer), North Carolina State (coach Dixon) has it also. I played for coach Anderson so AA progress is important to me. If he was to do 1 on 1 drills with anyone in this state AA could handle his own. No disrespect to Smith because all I heard is good things; "he makes plays". But could he guard 1 on 1 any of the top WR in the state. And how much man to man does his team play. Some players look great with the scheme. If he was placed in a scheme where he would have to play man to man against a AA or some of the better WR in the nation how would he do? I am asking because I never seen him play. But my understanding he is a DB. And I am stereotyping what I think a kid from catholic would be like. I don't know the player and the players I talked to repect his game. What I do know is atheltically AA could compete offensively and defensively.

By the way leonard I am on leave. I am in the state to see my kids. But where I am doesn't make a difference. I seen Anthony's hilight tape. Ask Brent Hobbs if he thinks he is one of the top players in the state. He has a copy of it also. By the way Miami (coach Saw), Penn State (coach Norwood), Wake Forest, Oklahoma State (coach Brewer), North Carolina State (coach Dixon) has it also. I played for coach Anderson so AA progress is important to me. If he was to do 1 on 1 drills with anyone in this state AA could handle his own. No disrespect to Smith because all I heard is good things; "he makes plays". But could he guard 1 on 1 any of the top WR in the state. And how much man to man does his team play. Some players look great with the scheme. If he was placed in a scheme where he would have to play man to man against a AA or some of the better WR in the nation how would he do? I am asking because I never seen him play. But my understanding he is a DB. And I am stereotyping what I think a kid from catholic would be like. I don't know the player and the players I talked to repect his game. What I do know is atheltically AA could compete offensively and defensively.

Catholics scheme is all man to man and Harrison keyed on AA...Harrison only had 3 picks that game...hahahaha....Anthony can diff IMO hang with anyone in the state though...I'd like to see the "fluidness" in his hips be a little better next year...if that is the case top 5 in state

Young WON

• 1 month later...

i was at the catholic AE game this past year and harrison smith's name was really put on the map after that game. he had 3 picks including a pick 6. he dominated on both sides of the ball and to top it all off he shut down UT commitment anthony anderson. smith is a heckuva a player and i look forward to watching him play his senior season for the irish

The state has four elite,rivals top 100 type players this year in Chris Donald, Golden Tate, Rae Sykes, and Harrison Smith. There are many more really good players in-state this year as well. UT has already offered about ten in-state guy's so far, and that number could grow to as high as 14-15 imo.