HOW GOOD IS DB

teepeeguy

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Bearden did not pitch their ace. I was there and my 1st cousin pitches for Bearden, he is the tall sophomore lefty that did not pictch against DB. Bearden is pretty loaded with pitchers and big hitters this year and they should do well this year and the next couple of years as well.

Typical what? Typical that people like you pick apart DB anytime that DB does not play up to par? Of course DB fans want them to win, but also to enjoy the game and not have critics (most of whom don't support DB anyway) pick them apart. The only thing typical is that you pick at what you claim are a few arrogant DB fans. I understand you are Jeff County fan and we have all seen more than a few arrogant Jeff County fans. In fact there was one guy on here a couple years ago that was actually voted the most hated poster and he was a Jeff Co. fan. But do I associate every Jeff Co fan with him, no. And should you associate every DB fan with those that you don't like, no. You have stated in an earlier post that you felt that many DB fans felt superior because they wear Maroon & Gray (you actually said white and that was wrong) No matter how you lay it out all schools have fans that are obnoxious or that we don't like. DB has no more of these fans than any other school. So in short, your snide comments are not needed or appreciated. It is just best to stay away from these types of conversations because they are a waste of time. And one more time for the record, I care about DB teams doing well, but I don't care for fans from other teams adding nothing but negative criticism and snide remarks such as the one you made in your last post.

Bud, were you able to go see the games? I'm just wanting an opinion from someone other than the "hate club" on how you think this area stacks up this year. Thanks.

Might I add........about the Sports Belle....You say these teams didn't pitch their aces, and that may be true and I do belive it is, but what you haven't analyzed yet is DB didn't throw their aces either. In the seymor game the first two pitchers were pitchers who haven't even pitched all year in a Varsity game. The Knox Webb game they pitched two of their top pitchers (Tyler & Brad), and they won. In the bearden game they pitched Lance Brewer, which was stated in that article posted above is their # 8 pitcher, (which i think is a little bit over exagerrated but still u get the point). In the very last game they pitched Ryan Hammonds, which was his first start in a varsity game, also people that were pitched was CJ Stabler who has never pitched in a varsity, also Jamie Crawford who has never pitched in a varsity game. Was DB trying their hardest?? you tell me. This is the reason DB entered the tournament to try and distinguish who can step up and pitch. Sure they wont to win, but thats not the point of going to the tourny. In my mind, DB did a good job. I dont appreciate you trying to put down this team, when no one is trying to even put down yours.

Try and keep the positive or dont post at all.

The Indains just beat volunteer 6-0 or something like that. Good pitching performance by Brad Mayes. Wesley Lane, Derek Trent, and Jordan Adams all had homeruns. And about this whining and making excuses if you saw the game against bearden no one on the team cared after the second inning and u cant beat ne one if your like that.

I'd like to say this is none of my business, but, in a way, it is. First, I don't appreciate any fans of other teams bashing a team. Whether it's a Jeff County fan bashing DB or a DB fan bashing Volunteer or South or Central(it happens), it's wrong. These are high school KIDS trying their hardest, leave them alone. I know some of the DB players personally and I think they are good kids and good players with good parents. This year, they are probably upper east Tennessee's best chance to win state, so I hope they go far.

Second, Ron Bliss is a DB homer. Facts are facts. He's doing color on the TV games, so why would he be anything other than that. Big deal, he can write it any way he wants. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I'd like to say this is none of my business, but, in a way, it is. First, I don't appreciate any fans of other teams bashing a team. Whether it's a Jeff County fan bashing DB or a DB fan bashing Volunteer or South or Central(it happens), it's wrong. These are high school KIDS trying their hardest, leave them alone. I know some of the DB players personally and I think they are good kids and good players with good parents. This year, they are probably upper east Tennessee's best chance to win state, so I hope they go far.

Second, Ron Bliss is a DB homer. Facts are facts. He's doing color on the TV games, so why would he be anything other than that. Big deal, he can write it any way he wants. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Well said :thumb:

I second that this was well put.....