Westview beats Zion Christian 6-0

wtnpredator

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good is this Zion Christian team supposed to be.

After witnessing the game, I'd have to say they are pretty weak, or at least appeared to play that way after losing 6-0. They were very small up front and never had a real shot on goal, until their PK was denied in the closing seconds. They were fairly large in the back, and their right back was good on the ball, but other than that, they were a young team who got beat badly.

After witnessing the game, I'd have to say they are pretty weak, or at least appeared to play that way after losing 6-0. They were very small up front and never had a real shot on goal, until their PK was denied in the closing seconds. They were fairly large in the back, and their right back was good on the ball, but other than that, they were a young team who got beat badly.

Westview's day is done. You guys are finished. Nothing. Zelch. You guys lost your keeper, three starting defenders, and three starting midfielders. You guys have no speed, no size, and no strength. Without the class of 05, you guys are without talent. Peace

Westview's day is done. You guys are finished. Nothing. Zelch. You guys lost your keeper, three starting defenders, and three starting midfielders. You guys have no speed, no size, and no strength. Without the class of 05, you guys are without talent. Peace

Squirrel you must not have seen Westview lately. I agree that they lost a good 05 class. But they are still very strong. They have a great Freshman class this year. And there new Goalie is one of the best Freshman keepers I have ever seen. They may not have as much skill as last year. But most of the team was playing year round together in travel ball and Indoor soccer. I don't think you should rule them out just yet.

Squirrel you must not have seen Westview lately. I agree that they lost a good 05 class. But they are still very strong. They have a great Freshman class this year. And there new Goalie is one of the best Freshman keepers I have ever seen. They may not have as much skill as last year. But most of the team was playing year round together in travel ball and Indoor soccer. I don't think you should rule them out just yet.

Hat-ur a nice kid and so was ur brother-I hope he is doing great at the college level. And its great for you to take up for westview-but, their travel ball and their coaches for travel ball who always seem to end up as asst. coaches for their high school is what is going to be their down-fall. And it is really sad because those athletes deserve better than to have titles taken away from them-which is why the adults involved with the team need to stop thumbing their noses at the rules so their team can win fair and square for once. So Mickey Mouse you might want to let daddy mouse read this so he will stop encouraging things that will hurt your team in the end. And shame on him-he is a collegiate coach and he above all people should know better.

Edited by JOE23

Hat-ur a nice kid and so was ur brother-I hope he is doing great at the college level. And its great for you to take up for westview-but, their travel ball and their coaches for travel ball who always seem to end up as asst. coaches for their high school is what is going to be their down-fall. And it is really sad because those athletes deserve better than to have titles taken away from them-which is why the adults involved with the team need to stop thumbing their noses at the rules so their team can win fair and square for once. So Mickey Mouse you might want to let daddy mouse read this so he will stop encouraging things that will hurt your team in the end. And shame on him-he is a collegiate coach and he above all people should know better.

Is the mouse guy Coach Pifer's son? He is a good man. I doubt he is thumbing his nose at the rules. Ultimately, it is the athletic director and the school that should be responsible. I don't know the situation, but I know coach Pifer.

I'm not against you on this one, Joe23. If they are doing something wrong, they need to fix it. I just don't think the parents should be held accountable, but I understand what you are saying.

Is the mouse guy Coach Pifer's son? He is a good man. I doubt he is thumbing his nose at the rules. Ultimately, it is the athletic director and the school that should be responsible. I don't know the situation, but I know coach Pifer.

I'm not against you on this one, Joe23. If they are doing something wrong, they need to fix it. I just don't think the parents should be held accountable, but I understand what you are saying.

Yes to your first question. I do not know him personally so I'll keep an open-mind on that one. I do know that he has been involved heavily with that whole travel team/high school coaching which involves their education at UTMartin and their housing. I've also seen both asst coaches conferring with him on the team stategy not with the appointed head coach for westview. For their athletes sake-who are just kids and are probably not aware of the rules they just need to stop. Because he is a college coach and deeply involved in prep soccer it is hard to believe he doesn't know the rules-so therefore the conclusion is that is does and he is choosing to ignore them. Their principal was asked to stop last year and they didn't. We didn't pursue it because we weren't in their division. It would be devasting to their kids and it didn't effect us state-wise so it wasn't worth it. Leonardi at USJ who was in their region/division knew and he didn't obviously didn't have a problem with it. Nobody wants to turn them in because the kids get hurt that way. I also just want them to fix it and Daddy MOuse is the one to fix it-trust me.

Edited by JOE23

To set everything straight, the first year Simon coached Westview, he had never coached club, so its legal. Secondly, the next year, after coaching the club team the next year, he knew he would not be back, so the athletic director sent a letter to TSSAA stating that he was done with club. Once again eveything is legal. Then, their coach this year, did the same team. There will be no club team next season so Gavin is officially not a club coach, and once again the athletic director sent a letter saying this. Everything is legal. People are just trying to screw Westview over. By the way, they dominated Henry County last nite. Henry County had one shot, a crappy PK and that was the only chance they ever got. Westview hit the post a lot and couldnt finish. They will win the district this year.

To set everything straight, the first year Simon coached Westview, he had never coached club, so its legal. Secondly, the next year, after coaching the club team the next year, he knew he would not be back, so the athletic director sent a letter to TSSAA stating that he was done with club. Once again eveything is legal. Then, their coach this year, did the same team. There will be no club team next season so Gavin is officially not a club coach, and once again the athletic director sent a letter saying this. Everything is legal. People are just trying to screw Westview over. By the way, they dominated Henry County last nite. Henry County had one shot, a crappy PK and that was the only chance they ever got. Westview hit the post a lot and couldnt finish. They will win the district this year.

so, what your saying is that since westview hit the post alot and couldn't finish, they will win the district....That makes a whole a lot of sense.

Edited by manU721

I appreciate you taking the time to give your side of the story. Your interpretation of the rule is different from what I was told in a specific conversation with Mr. Childress at the TSSAA about this. I will try to get some clarification and if I owe you and your team an apology you will get one. I'm not trying to "screw" your team over I just want fair play. I was told that a fall club team coach could not coach players of that team in the spring high school season. I will find out and if I'm wrong I will set the record straight.