Liberty/McMinn Central

jndfan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...I SEE. HOW ABOUT WE JUST GIVE OUR PREDICTIONS AND TELL WHY?

LIBERTY 71

MCMINN CENTRAL 65

I'VE TAKEN THE LIBERTY OF LOOKING AT THEIR SCHEDULES AND IM NOT SURE MCMINN..CENTRAL IS ON THE SAME PAGE. SO I HAVE TO GO WITH WHAT I KNOW AND BELIEVE AND THAT IS LIBERTY WILL SHOW THIS TEAM A LOT MORE COMPETITION THAN THEY'VE SEEN ALL YEAR.

I'VE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ OTHER PREDICTIONS...WELL I THINK IT WOULD HELP TO HAVE SOME TEAMS IN COMMON BUT WE DON'T..AND THE TEAM THAT BEAT MCMINN LOST MORE GAMES THAN THEM...HOWEVER ALL MCMINNS DISTRICT GAMES WERE PRETTY MUCH BLOW OUTS..AND THAT IS SOMETHING TO WONDER ABOUT. IS MCMINN(CENTRAL) THAT GOOD. OR, IS THEIR DISTRICT THAT WEAK?

SOMEONE AT THE GAME SAID ALCOA LOOKED A LITTLE BETTER THAN MCMINN, IN THE FIRST HALF.

I ALSO HAVE TO COMMENT ON SOMEONE SAYING THEY WEREN'T IMPRESED WITH HAYWOOD OR LIBERTY...HAHA ....BE FORREAL THAT WAS A REALLY WELL PLAYED GAME. NOT AS SLOPPY AS MITCHELL AND BOLIVAR..IT HAD MOST FANSTHE EDGE AND IT WAS VERY COMPETITIVE...AND I SAY THATS IMPRESSIVE.

Edited by Hoops1stLuv14

I wasn't that impressed with Haywood or Liberty, honestly...Central does play in a pretty weak district, but they are 34-1 and have played a pretty tough non-district schedule...not as tough as Liberty but still a challenge...we will all find out how truly good Central is tomorrow...hopefully they will still be playing come saturday :thumb:

IN OTHER WOORDS YOU SAYING THEIR NOT THAT GOOD...

I KNOW HOW MOST PEOPLE THINK YOU STILL HUNG UP ON THAT TWO POINT WIN OVER AUSTIN EAST. CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENTS ARE NOT TYPICAL OF HOW A TEAM PLAYS...MOST OF THE TIME I ASSURE LIBERTY IS BETTER NOW..ONE GAME YOU GUYS DIDN'T BEAT ALCOA BY MUCH. BUT IM SURE YOU IMPROVED...AND YOUR NON DISTRICT GAMES WERE ABOUT THE SAME NO TIGHT GAMES IN THERE..LIKE 2,3,4 POINT WINS...MAYBE 0NE OR TWO. IT SAYS A LOT.

I wasn't that impressed with Haywood or Liberty, honestly...Central does play in a pretty weak district, but they are 34-1 and have played a pretty tough non-district schedule...not as tough as Liberty but still a challenge...we will all find out how truly good Central is tomorrow...hopefully they will still be playing come saturday :thumb:

Thats the thing......you guys are saying that McMinn had an off day, well really Liberty wasn't on top of their game. For instance, Brandon Evans (Liberty's top player and a Murray St. signee) scored something like 7 or 8 points. This wasn't Haywood's defense, he just didn't have his shot today. And that says a lot that Liberty was still able to beat Haywood with Brandon really struggling. Also, Haywood played a good game overall. They shot over 70 percent in the first half. Thats unheard of. I will say that they turned the ball over a lot, but most teams do against Liberty. The only team that ever succeeded against Liberty's press all year was Bolivar, and that was because Willie Kemp was running the show and didn't get rattled like these other point guards. And you made a comment that Liberty's depth wont be a factor.........their bench scored over 40 points today......if it wasn't for their backups, Liberty would have lost this game. Their depth gives them a big advantage. I'm telling you, if McMinn only subs in one or two extra players this whole game, they are going to be hurting. I don't believe that they've ran with a team like Liberty this year.......teams other than Bolivar and Haywood tend to really run out of gas against Liberty's uptempo press and depth. Anyways, good luck to both teams, lets hope for a well-officiated and injury free game.

Thats the thing......you guys are saying that McMinn had an off day, well really Liberty wasn't on top of their game. For instance, Brandon Evans (Liberty's top player and a Murray St. signee) scored something like 7 or 8 points. This wasn't Haywood's defense, he just didn't have his shot today. And that says a lot that Liberty was still able to beat Haywood with Brandon really struggling. Also, Haywood played a good game overall. They shot over 70 percent in the first half. Thats unheard of. I will say that they turned the ball over a lot, but most teams do against Liberty. The only team that ever succeeded against Liberty's press all year was Bolivar, and that was because Willie Kemp was running the show and didn't get rattled like these other point guards. And you made a comment that Liberty's depth wont be a factor.........their bench scored over 40 points today......if it wasn't for their backups, Liberty would have lost this game. Their depth gives them a big advantage. I'm telling you, if McMinn only subs in one or two extra players this whole game, they are going to be hurting. I don't believe that they've ran with a team like Liberty this year.......teams other than Bolivar and Haywood tend to really run out of gas against Liberty's uptempo press and depth. Anyways, good luck to both teams, lets hope for a well-officiated and injury free game.

I TOTALY AGREE. SOMEONE HERE KNOWS WHAT IM SAYING. FINALLY

I JUST DON'T SEE IT THEIR LEADING REBOUNDER IS THEIR GO TO MAN WHOSE A GAURD AND ALMOST THEIR TALLEST PLAYER...NO BLOCKED SHOTS FROM EITHER TEAM?

GUESS WHAT. EITHER MCMINN IS GOIN TO HOLD THE BALL OR OUT SCORE LIBERTY A TEAM WHO SHOTS THEY CAN'T BLOCK????????????

Edited by Hoops1stLuv14

Can you tell me who the Harper kids parents are?

Heath Harper and Kay (MARSHALL) Harper. This kid has no choice but to be good. His parents were both really good players and Ray Marshall and Holly Harper are his aunt and uncle who both were really good players. Not to mention he is just a freshman and is already 6'2-6'3. If he gets half of Uncle Ray's jumping ability LOOKOUT!

I had the liberty of scouting out McMinn to see if what we were up against tomorrow, but McMinn pace is way too slow for them to even dream about facing a team with the athleticism and speed of Liberty and actually having a competitive game. As a matter of fact, the game between McMinn and Alcoa nearly put me to sleep, but i wanted to see Raleigh-Egypt and Bearden play so I stayed. Like one of McMinn's fans said, #33 is gonna have to pick it up tomorrow or Liberty will take this one with ease. I want to see an exciting game today, so Central, please bring it to us.