Grace Is Going To Win It All

AlahRaghbar99

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a very interesting matchup. UC shoots the ball better than humboldt ad may actually be alittle faster. Humboldt is stronger and has more size. Also UC hasnt really had a test yet in the state tourny (No offense to Wayne Co. and Cloudland, but its ovious who the top three teams in the tourny were.) that may help the or hurt them. Grace needs to get past a big win against Humboldt. Its not over yet. they still have one more game.

All that said I believe Grace actually matches up better agains UC than Humboldt. Carter will have a shorter weaker guy on him, and Davis will be able to shoot over whoever is on him. Weddle will have a quick 6'3 guard on him (Van Horn).

Both teams are capable opf winning. Who ever plays their game at their pace will walk away with the gold ball.

hahah, your crazy if they play well, UC will get ahead a few points in the first quarter, be real close the 2nd quarter, but the 3rd quarter, UC is going to come out strong and Grace will be struggling the rest of the game

Wait, I thought we already killed off Tookie.

That Tornado watch is going to do down in flames. Get Em Grace, Rack Em, Show them how we play Rackball in Chatt town. RACKEM, RACKEM, RACKBALL. I think Grace is coached better than Union City.

Athletes Advantage Union City

Coaching Advantage Grace Academy

Grace's coach is much better than Union City's

Statement made from someone without a clue......

Facts.... Marty Sisco is on the bench for Union City,he of the EIGHT state tournament berths and THREE state championships....Young Shane was on the bench with his dad for everyone one of those THREE state championships....The tandem now has a 12-2 record in STATE play while sitting together on the bench.....3-0 in state championship games.....

Athlete advantage=Union City

Coach Advantage=Union City

Tournament experience=The Siscos...Union City

Union City will win 77-71... :thumb:

Another little tid-bit.....In Union City's three state championships they have dethroned a defending state champion in the process....

1990...Brentwood Acd.(championship game)

1992... Mem.Kingsbury(semis)

1997...MLK(1st round)

2006????.....Middleton(sub-state)

Statement made from someone without a clue......

wow we agree on something. Both teams have excellent coaches. You dont get to the state final with poor coaching. The only reason you might say UC isnt very well coached is because their style of play. Just because they play a "playground" style of basketball doesnt mean they arent well coached, it means they are playing with their strenghts, not weaknesses.

Facts.... Marty Sisco is on the bench for Union City,he of the EIGHT state tournament berths and THREE state championships....Young Shane was on the bench with his dad for everyone one of those THREE state championships....The tandem now has a 12-2 record in STATE play while sitting together on the bench.....3-0 in state championship games.....

Athlete advantage=Union City

Coach Advantage=Union City

Tournament experience=The Siscos...Union City

Union City will win 77-71... :thumb:

UC does have better athletes. You are correct.

Coaching has to be even. Coaching is what won the Humboldt game for Grace.

I think Grace probably has better "basketball players" even though UC has the athletes.

Here is where i disagree. Tournament experiance has to go to Grace. I know UC has coaches who have coaching in state championship games, but graces has 4 of their top 6 players back from their team that played in a state championship game two years ago.

I for one am just glad to see all the loudmouths from 14A a little quieter today. All those predictions about the gold and silver ball going west and "guarantee UC and

Humboldt in the finals on Sat." It's hard for ya'll to think good basketball is played all over the state. To those of you that have shown class from the west this isn't to any of you.

All that said I believe the gold ball goes EAST since I'm in the mid-state and don't have a dog in this hunt. I've seen both teams now and as good as Weddle is I think Van Horn is quick enough to stay with him and V-H has a heighth advantage.

Also the post game goes to Grace and that gives them all the advantage they need

Grace by 9.

I for one am just glad to see all the loudmouths from 14A a little quieter today. All those predictions about the gold and silver ball going west and "guarantee UC and

Humboldt in the finals on Sat." It's hard for ya'll to think good basketball is played all over the state. To those of you that have shown class from the west this isn't to any of you.

All that said I believe the gold ball goes EAST since I'm in the mid-state and don't have a dog in this hunt. I've seen both teams now and as good as Weddle is I think Van Horn is quick enough to stay with him and V-H has a heighth advantage.

Also the post game goes to Grace and that gives them all the advantage they need

Grace by 9.

The West can still rule the roost by around 10pm tonight.....

Four out of the six teams are from the West and You can still have THREE West Tennessee state champions...Sooooo...Not so fast my friend... :thumb:

wow we agree on something. Both teams have excellent coaches. You dont get to the state final with poor coaching. The only reason you might say UC isnt very well coached is because their style of play. Just because they play a "playground" style of basketball doesnt mean they arent well coached, it means they are playing with their strenghts, not weaknesses.

I bet we agree on more things than you think.....

But,I disagree with the playground perception....It looks that way this week because Union City has been able to dismantle their opponents with their defense allowing them to run and score in transition.....It will be interesting to see what Union City does if Grace forces them into a more half-court game....Middleton did it to the Tornadoes,but Union City still won in that type of game.....In reality,Shane likes to run and force tempo,but dad Marty's teams were always well disciplined and played a more control type of tempo.....Union City can play both styles...They are much better fundamentally than what you saw with Humboldt and are much better coached...

The West can still rule the roost by around 10pm tonight.....

Four out of the six teams are from the West and You can still have THREE West Tennessee state champions...Sooooo...Not so fast my friend... :thumb:

Read my post... wasn't talking about the west... just 14A folks from the west. You could also only have 1 champ from the west !!! This wasn't really about the west though just about people 2 weeks ago from 14A arguing about who would win gold and silver UC or Humboldt and that no one else would stand a chance in the 'boro.

WRONG ;)

Edited by commander1