weightlifting competition

THE KING

alright king gettin jr high kids involved aint right i mean im in jr high and im one of the strongest kids in our region or around it wit over 300 pounds in squat and over 230 pounds in bench press but im bigger then evry1 else too my body developed faster but wit younger kids like ur sayin they can have serious injury i mean i love lifting as much as the next guy but getting younger and less mature kids could cause serious injury to some but yall keep safe and stay off the creatine

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is on roids', or at least was. They weren't illegal, he needed them for growth. Like it or not, those can still "aid" the process. I'm not saying this is the only reason he is so strong, not by any means. He has gotten this good and strong because he works as hard as he does. O, and he said that much in the Star so I'm not bringing up hearsay.

Actually it is not called roids it is called a hormone stimulator it is when your body does not produce enough chemicals to make you grow. I would love for Adam to be normal like the other kids but he is not and I think thats what makes him special. And yes it was in the star for the purpose of telling peploe that he is not on roids. And to tell you the truth the hormone stimulator that Adam took worked against him when he lifted weights. It leaned his body of fat that he needed to build muscle. So lets fiqure this out he has lifted since the 7th grade 4 days a week eats everything that he can and he only weighs 169 pounds that is four years of hard lifting and alot of eating, now if he was on roids for 4 years and all that lifting he would be like Arnold. So give this kid a break he has worked his butt off by running, lifting and training his body for football. just watch Adam work out or run the hills behind his house and by the way he works out 12 months a year and did I mention he has a job too plus school work with a 3.2 G.P.A. Jason Witten told him only the ones that want it earns it the hard way and for once he listened. His Dad Traye Townsend.

The Townsend kid is phenomenally strong benching 340 at only 160 plus pounds. We did have one kid that beat him. Casey Turbyfill who benched 355 but also weighs about 210. Everyone accuses Townsend of being on the roids and I know the feeling. It makes you feel like that no one thinks you can achieve that kind of power by hard work, because the majority of people don't understand the price you have to pay to be a powerhouse. My condolenses to those people.

As for Cloudland, this may be a down year, but I think it will be the only one. Lots of junior high kids are realizing the importance of the weight room. Someone from Carter County is eventually gonna bring home the gold. And old eagle, you will be hearing lots of Whooooooooos!! this year, so ya better learn to love it. Diamonds are forever!! Whooooooooooooooooooo!! <_<

King, when is there going to be something in the star about the comp.

Big Dog, I don't think anybody from the Star covered the competition. I think its a shame but maybe it was for a reason, so I'm not gonna get fired up about it. Matt Hill was there, but he writes for Mountain City. Oh well, hopefully the N.O.L.D. competition will be covered.

And this is to the junior high kid: Son, whoever told you that boys your age couldn't work out is dead wrong. You can work out as long as you don't try to push the heavy weight too soon. A couple of my boys gained 15 lbs. because of a good training regime. Young boys can stunt their growth if they work against their bone structure, but if you stay with the light weights and get your form down, you will be ready for a more advanced workout. Stick with it, partner. Thats right where I started. Jr. High. Now I'm the champion, whooooooooo!! :)

my son started lifting at the age of 13, it takes alot of dedication and eating right, if you are a small kid eat everything that you see, and if you are on the heavy side your need to set your diet up for what your body needs, everyone needs protein to grow muscle. I would sugest if you are young go lite on the weights and about three sets of reps, and if you play sports you need to lift for that sport, weight lifting and body building and power lifting are all a different kind of lifting, but don't think you can lift for six months and be like Arnold because your not it takes years of work. Just ask King and anyone else that has worked out it takes years. That is why everyone is starting to work out at a young age just to keep up. But as always you need to ask your doctor and parents about lifting and you should get someone to teach you the proper form of lifting and always have a spotter and do not take roids! If you eat right and lift right and get your rest it will come to you, it takes time and it is a learning process. I read on the internet that one kid out of 1000 makes it to college on a athletic scholarship. So I would suggest to make good grades and work your but off. And to the King congrats to your lifts and hard work.