alcoa head coach

Titans21

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this speculation?

According to yesterday's paper, they have received about 15 resumes, and another 30 phone calls. I believe it said they are accepting applications until April 5th then a Committee will narrow down the choices for a final decision to be made by the Superintendent of Alcoa Schools.

Coach Olive coached in the Maryville area, but it was not at Maryville. I think it was Hermitage. He is a class act and has a son who is currently a freshman. So if Coach Olive moves, now is probably the time to do it.

He did coach at Maryville. He replaced Emory Hale beginning with the 89 season and was head coach through the 92 season before leaving to go to Tullahoma. He was offensive coordinator at Maryville under Hale. When he left Tim Hammontree took over as head coach in the 93 season. Hammontree was defensive coordinator under Olive in his final year.

He did coach at Maryville. He replaced Emory Hale beginning with the 89 season and was head coach through the 92 season before leaving to go to Tullahoma. He was offensive coordinator at Maryville under Hale. When he left Tim Hammontree took over as head coach in the 93 season. Hammontree was defensive coordinator under Olive in his final year.

I don't think John Olive would be a very good hire for Alcoa. I was at Maryville when he coached there and we were mediocre by MHS's standards. Don't get me wrong, John is a great guy and they would probably still be a perinnial state playoff team but I just don't see him winning the big one.